Hello I'm new

Hello

I have just started geocaching and beginning to get quite hooked :lol: so I thought I would pop in here and say hello. I am based in Stonehaven in the NE of Scotland (near Aberdeen) - is there anyone else from near me? There seems to be plenty of caches in the area to keep me busy for some time to come.

Kate x

Fit like, Quine?

Good to see another new Scottish-based cacher. I'm heading up to Aiberdeen myself on Friday to launch my Furry Boots TB (finally!).

I hope you enjoy getting as addicted as the rest of us, but if you're at a loose end at the end of the month, there's a wee event in Perth called the Mega Scotland (ok, so it won't be too wee), and you're very welcome to come along:

http://www.megascotland.co.uk/

Happy Caching!

Thanks for welcoming me everyone, I shall check out the other Scottish forums.

The two events look interesting - can you tell me a little bit more about them? What happens at them? Can you just go for the day?

I shall keep an eye out for your furry boots TB A1 :blink:

Kate

Hi again Katie,

You can do as little or as much of any of the events as you like. Certainly Team Clova's Gathering in the Glens always seems to get a good following (I'm not sure what I'm up to at that stage, so haven't put my name down).

If you're interested in any caching events listed, just go to that relevant page and under the "found it" tab, click on the "will attend" option (or if you're not quite sure, write a note if you like). Once you've attended the event, you can change your log to "attended" and it'll add to your total.

As to the Mega specifically, I'd have a good look at all the different events available, see what suits you and put your name down. I think it would be helpful to the team to get a good idea of final numbers before the event, if possible, especially when they need to order things, such as the hog roast at one of the events.

Some require a relatively punctual arrival, for obvious reasons, although some which may have very large numbers may take quite a while to get going. You can of course leave whenever you like (unless anything has you in a van heading off with 12 other cachers for the day, etc.!).

There's all sorts who play this game, but I think you'll find they're a friendly bunch in general.

:blink: