Pocket Query does not email

Hi there-

Have tried several times to generate a PQ in GPX format, but I never get an email. If I generate a "my finds" PQ, it allows me to download a file. Any way to get a gpx file available for download?

Thanks!

Scott

How many geocaches are you trying to download? Over a certain number, PQ's are only available via download, not email.

Hi there-

Have tried several times to generate a PQ in GPX format, but I never get an email. If I generate a "my finds" PQ, it allows me to download a file. Any way to get a gpx file available for download?

Thanks!

Scott

"my finds" does NOT email at all. if you go to the page where it lists out your PQs there is a tab for "Pocket Queries Ready to Download" hit that tab, it is there on the list, click it and it will download.

You've downloaded the "My Finds", all of them are downloaded, not emailed, so you know about the download set-up.

A PQ containing over 500 caches is available only by download; those PQs 500 or less are still emailed, and downloaded (I think).

From reading the OP, it sounds as though you are getting nothing at all from a PQ. If that is so, make sure that you have no self-canceling parameters in your set-up. Also, you did not mention if it actually says the PQ was generated ↓

Have tried several times to generate a PQ

If none was generated you won't get anything.

Lastly, before you depart the Pocket Query page, up at the top there should be a link allowing you to view the proposed PQ (before submitting). You should always have a look-see at that to make sure it actually contains what you want.

Double-check to make sure you have set a day of the week for it to run (this is missed by some, occasionally), not having a day to run = no PQ. ;)

Good luck, and happy caching. :blink:

EDIT: context

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

You've downloaded the "My Finds", all of them are downloaded, not emailed, so you know about the download set-up.

A PQ containing over 500 caches is available only by download; those PQs 500 or less are still emailed, and downloaded (I think).

From reading the OP, it sounds as though you are getting nothing at all from a PQ. If that is so, make sure that you have no self-canceling parameters in your set-up. Also, you did not mention if it actually says the PQ was generated ↓

Have tried several times to generate a PQ

If none was generated you won't get anything.

Lastly, before you depart the Pocket Query page, up at the top there should be a link allowing you to view the proposed PQ (before submitting). You should always have a look-see at that to make sure it actually contains what you want.

Double-check to make sure you have set a day of the week for it to run (this is missed by some, occasionally), not having a day to run = no PQ. ;)

Good luck, and happy caching. :blink:

EDIT: context

They have changed it to allow 1000 caches in a query.

I had a problem with the PQ email not being sent just a couple days ago.

My friend was logged into his GC account so I was showing him how to generate a PQ. It didn't email. Tried it again, no dice. Added to send to a different Email address. Still no Email.

Logged into my own account and used the exact same settings and the email came through in a matter of minutes.

Really sucked because it ate an hour out of my caching time when I was almost 200 miles from home.

They have changed it to allow 1000 caches in a query.

Not emailed. Too bulky and a strain for outgoing/incoming email.

Thats funny because I have had them e-mail to me with 1000 caches.

Not since May 2010.

Guess I'll have to do 1000 query again to see if I get the e-mail.

Ok it didn't send the attachment. Said it was ready for download. I thought you were talking about not getting the e-mail for a query with 1000 caches in it. No biggy for me as I usualy go to the query download section to down load my query's anyway. :lol:

The PQ I am trying to generate is not a "my finds" but a filtered group of about 150 caches. The PQ shows on the tab "Active PQ", but the file does not show up in the ready to download, and no email ever shows up! I did not have a day of the week selected, and I just did that which seems to have generated the query. Thanks for the help!

I'm experiencing the same issue as Motorfix. I have verified the PQ ran by reviewing the run list back at the top.

Sometime I do happen to get a run I can only get one per day.

Is there a parameter with GC.com that blocks multiple queries per day?

Thanks

Pickatree

I'm experiencing the same issue as Motorfix. I have verified the PQ ran by reviewing the run list back at the top.

Sometimes I do happen to get a run I can only get one per day.

Is there a parameter with GC.com that blocks multiple queries per day?

Thanks

Pickatree

Edited by pickatree
How much do I need to change the PQ for it to be considered different? Just the names?

a PQ is a PQ, independent of the name. once you've run it, you can only run it again after 24 hours. you can change whatever you want about it, the "last generated" timestamp won't be affected, and that's what matters. even if you change the name and all the attributes of the PQ, you still can't run it again any sooner than 24 hours later.

but you can create a copy of a PQ and run the copy right away. each PQ has a "copy" link next to it to do exactly that. it will create a new PQ with the same attributes and values as the original, and the name will say "copy of ...". the new copy will have a "last generated" timestamp of "never", which means you can run it right away. you still have to pay attention to the 5 PQ per day limit though.

Edited by dfx

I am having this same problem as well. My PQ ran and is easily downloadable on my PC. But it has not emailed to my blackberry, which has the email on my account. I have checked spam folders and it is going to a gmail account. Still no dice. It's pretty frustrating. :unsure: Any ideas what I can do? Thanks!

That's correct, no email at all. I've double checked my email in my profile and it's all there. After I didn't get the first PQ, I unchecked "send to email associated with this account" and typed in a gmail acct thinking that maybe it was getting held up somewhere. I can only access my PQ on the geocaching.com site. Thanks for any insights!

all i can say is that i've never had problems receiving PQ emails on google mail, never lost a single one, while other mail providers are known to block them (GMX is a notable example). did you double check the email account on the regular google webmail interface? (try under "all mail")

also note that each PQ can be generated and delivered once per day only, so if you had it generate once, didn't get it, put a seperate email address in and then activated it again, you won't get it because it won't be run a second time on the same day.

Edited by dfx

Hello all! Digging up a 5-year old thread, is this still an issue?

I have generated 1-time PQ of caches in my area several times over the past few days. The PQ's generate just fine, they show up on my account under "Your Pocket Queries", but not once have I ever received an email with a GPX file to load onto my GPSr. I thought maybe I was trying to get too many caches, as I started off asking for 1000 (basically everything in like, a 30 mile radius). Last night I backed it off to 500, no email... just now, tried 250 in a 10 mile radius, no email...

Up to now it hasn't been a big deal, as I have been manually downloading individual caches into GSAK and then transfering them one at a time into my GPSr. However, doing them one at a time is getting old REAL QUICK. Any thoughts on what might be wrong with PQ's?

EDIT <bah> forget it, I figured it out... you MUST check a day in order to receive an email. :blink:

Edited by Clarinetcat

Pqs are not attached to email any longer. They should show up under the second tab on the pocket query screen. The one headed ready to download. You should also get an email saying you hav a pq waiting. If that is not happening, be sure you have chosen a day for it to run. If you want it immediately, choose the current day. Good luck!