Chris Moyles Radio 1

Talking about geocaching now! Even though he didn't do it himself!

missed it - what was the jist?

They spent about half an hour building up to what he'd done at the weekend, which was "really geeky" and his co hosts had to guess what he'd been doing, and that it involved "finding something"

Their guess was that he'd been geocaching as Dominic had found some people looking in his hedge a little while back and when challenged their response was "We're just geocaching!". Then Comedy Dave described it as a "Treasure hunt".

But Moyles then responded "Why would I want to do something like that?!" and went on to describe something else, I know not what because I had to switch off at that point as I was late for work!

It was just after the 7.30am news so I guess on iPlayer it would be about 1 hour in. Note that the iPlayer version is different from the podcast which is a weekly edited highlights program.

Edited by markhewitt1978

I haven't had the chance to listen to the show yet (don't have headphones at work) but a colleague mentioned that he talked about Prypiat, the ghost city in the Ukraine that was abandoned when Chernobyl exploded and also about Ghost London Underground stations...

I wonder if he's come across this by reading my web site?

http://www.underground-history.co.uk ?

......and a very fine website it is too!

I haven't had the chance to listen to the show yet (don't have headphones at work) but a colleague mentioned that he talked about Prypiat, the ghost city in the Ukraine that was abandoned when Chernobyl exploded and also about Ghost London Underground stations...

it certainly is - have been lost in it for the last hour - fascinating stuff - I love this kind of urban archaeology

it certainly is - have been lost in it for the last hour - fascinating stuff - I love this kind of urban archaeology

Snap,

Just got lost in the underground myself, what an interesting site. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ha ha! As soon as he said it was geeky I texted him and asked if he was geocaching! I got to work and stopped listening before the reveal (I now time my drive to work so I don't have to listen to the intolerable 'Where Am I?' with Tim Westwood!), so I was hoping if it was caching, someone would have mentioned it on here. Thanks for putting me out of my misery!

From what i heard Dom said he caught 2 cachers at 5am going through a hedge near his home and they told him they were geocachers ,this seemed to peek his interest and he looked it up and discussed it with the team on the radio ,then Chris Moyles said his weekend pursuit not that geeky and moved onto the ghost stations.... just a mention ,but who was in the hedge!!!!! MooToo

From what i heard Dom said he caught 2 cachers at 5am going through a hedge near his home and they told him they were geocachers ,this seemed to peek his interest and he looked it up and discussed it with the team on the radio ,then Chris Moyles said his weekend pursuit not that geeky and moved onto the ghost stations.... just a mention ,but who was in the hedge!!!!! MooToo

And where is the cache in Dom's hedge!

Whoever you were, reveal yourself! :blink:

If he hadn't then I certainly had. Having listened to his show yesterday I browsed your site. What a small (online) world it is....

Excellent site, very interesting!

Matt

Hey! That is awesome - I used your website to find the ghost stations near me for my cache series - had no idea you were a cacher too!

Thanks for the website - incredibly useful and fascinating. I imagine it took a lot of time and hard work to put into it.

Hi all

I listen to Mr Moyles and his team every morning and caught said coversation about Geocaching and was instantly interested. Later that day i found my first Cache GC137DJ. I have since found 5 local caches and hidden 1. I am well and truely hooked and have got 2 of my friends into it as well. So a big thank you to Moyles and his team for bringing this great sport to my attention.

Hi all

I listen to Mr Moyles and his team every morning and caught said coversation about Geocaching and was instantly interested. Later that day i found my first Cache GC137DJ. I have since found 5 local caches and hidden 1. I am well and truely hooked and have got 2 of my friends into it as well. So a big thank you to Moyles and his team for bringing this great sport to my attention.

Blimey. You don't hang around do you?! I've been doing it for 4 months now and I'm still in the planning stages for hiding a cache!

So Chris Moyles has got some people in to geocaching, hello and welcome. This must lead to the question what got you in to caching. Me, well I got in to it because of my chickens.

I've known about it for over 2 years, a friend of mine who is the type to climb up Lake District mountains every weekend was always talking about it. But I never really paid it much attention, not having the equipment to hand.

About 5 months ago I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my Stag party, I knew I wanted to drive around the Lake District but just driving around for no real purpose seemed a bit rubbish. So I looked further into geocaching and now I'm hooked. And too my great surprise so is my (now) wife.