Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tribute to Jules Verne

The Caching Place

Just a short comment about the Geowoodstock before I discuss Geocoins.....

Barbara I attended the Geowoodstock in Carnation, WA USA yesterday. It was a wonderful experience! It was amazing to see the demographic that Geoaches, young, not so young healthy, not so healthy. All you need to be is young at heart and the spirit of adventure.

The friendliness of Geocachers and the stories they tell is fantastic! True story...

I was eating lunch in large picnic table area that was set-up at Geowoodstock. I noticed a enthusiastic lady with the Arkansas Geocacher's Association ( I wish I could remember her name, she was wonderful) a few table away wearing Geowelry (trackable jewelry we design & sell). I went over to say hi and we introduced ourselves and took group pictures. I asked if she had purchased the Geowelry from us and she said no. She smiled and said she attended a Arkansas Geocacher Association event and during the raffle noticed a little boy won a pair of earrings. She then won a Geocache shaped like a piece of cow excrement. The Geocache container caught the eye of the little boy who really, really wanted it. A deal was struck and both parties were happy..... I had to laugh!

On to Geocoins.....!

The "Journey to the Center of the Earth Tribute" Geocoin is shaped like a book 51mm x 36.5". It has a "front cover", "spine", and "back cover". The Geocaching theme is depicted in this terrific Geocoin! The front of the Geocoin shows the intrepid explorers making their way through dangerous paths on their way to the center of the Earth. Danger lurks everywhere including giant snakes guarding Geocaching Treasure! The back of the Geocoin has the explorers rafting a thrilling underground river, with monster lizards poised to strike at our brave explorers! Will they survive the waterfall?! On the front of the coin on the bottom there are mysterious etched symbols . Can you figure out what it says? No hints will be given, but you will smile when you figure it out! The shape, detail, colors, and action make this Geocaching themed Geocoin a wonderful collectors item or send it on its own journey! Be the first to place this Geocoin at the center of the Earth (good luck.....!) Disclaimer, The Caching Place does not endorse hiking through the Earth's molten core .....!

The Geocoin is 51x36.5mm, 3.5mm thick, 2D on both sides, stamped bronze soft enamel without epoxy. The Geocoin has 12 colors on the front and 14 colors on the back. Engraved tracking code is on the back of the coin. It is packaged in a PVC pouch This coin is trackable. The "grey" areas will be black when the Geocoin is produced per the pantone chart.

For those of you that follow this, it is a "busy Geocoin".....

4762271878_1583b0751e_b.jpg

link: http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=302

Have fun!

Cordially,

Jim

4839543445_5de740f8d3_b.jpg

Now shipping!

The first five (5) people that figure out what the code on the bottom on the front of the coin says will win The Journey to the Center Of the Earth Geocoin. The Geocoin, shipping and handling anywhere in the world will be paid, totally free to you! Email your entries to jim@thecachingplace.com. Good luck!

Journey to the Center of the Earth" Tribute Geocoin. Artist T. Steele Jones & The Caching Place have designed this Geocoin as a tribute to the great author Jules Verne.

The "Journey to the Center of the Earth Tribute" Geocoin is shaped like a book 51mm x 36.5". It has a "front cover", "spine", and "back cover". The Geocaching theme is depicted in this terrific Geocoin! The front of the Geocoin shows the intrepid explorers making their way through dangerous paths on their way to the center of the Earth. Danger lurks everywhere including giant snakes guarding Geocaching Treasure! The back of the Geocoin has the explorers rafting a thrilling underground river, with monster lizards poised to strike at our brave explorers! Will they survive the waterfall?! On the front of the coin on the bottom there are mysterious etched symbols . Can you figure out what it says? No hints will be given, but you will smile when you figure it out! The shape, detail, colors, and action make this Geocaching themed Geocoin a wonderful collectors item or send it on its own journey! Be the first to place this Geocoin at the center of the Earth (good luck.....!) Disclaimer, The Caching Place does not endorse hiking through the Earth's molten core .....!

UPDATE!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Wow! You know your RUNES!

The following five (5) people have won a Journey to the Center of the Earth Geocoin.

1. Mitch from Kirkland, WA. USA

2. Trevor from British Columbia, Canada

3. Craig from Perth, Australia

4. Laurie from San Jose, California, USA

5. Sarah from Surrey, United Kingdom

Thank you for participating! We had over a 100 entries in a matter of hours.

If you'd like more Geocoin challenges please let me know by replying to this thread.

Oh, by the way.... The Answer was "JULES VERNE"

It was great fun!

Cordially,

Jim

Edited by The Caching Place

Wow! You know your RUNES!

The following five (5) people have won a Journey to the Center of the Earth Geocoin.

1. Mitch from Kirkland, WA. USA

2. Trevor from British Columbia, Canada

3. Craig from Perth, Australia

4. Laurie from San Jose, Australia

5. Sarah from Surrey, United Kingdom

Thank you for participating! We had over a 100 entries in a matter of hours.

If you'd like more Geocoin challenges please let me know on this forum.

It was great fun!

Cordially,

Jim

OOPS,

Just sent a reply to Jim before I read this thread.

Thought my New Topic email came in at 2:34PM, but it was 2:34AM.

So, rather late, although I did have the correct answer!!!

Anyway, LOVE this coin and wish I could add one to my collection.

Thanks for the great design and congrats to the winners!!!

Geocharmer81 (AKA Kelly)

P.S. A BIG YES to more cointests!!!

Edited by GeoCharmer81

Hello...This is Trevor from BC (winner #2 from the Jules Verne Cointest)...I am just wondering if anyone has recieved their's yet as I have not? Just wondering what the status of these are. This is by no means a complaining email or anything like that...as this is the first coin I have ever won, I am not sure about the time it takes to get here so I just want to make sue its not MIA or anything. Thanks...T.

Hello...This is Trevor from BC (winner #2 from the Jules Verne Cointest)...I am just wondering if anyone has recieved their's yet as I have not? Just wondering what the status of these are. This is by no means a complaining email or anything like that...as this is the first coin I have ever won, I am not sure about the time it takes to get here so I just want to make sue its not MIA or anything. Thanks...T.

Hi Trevor!

We just got back from vacation and the five winners prizes will be shipped by tomorrow (Saturday) at the latest. I apologize for the delay. Thank you for your patience!

Cordially,

Jim

Owner