Bug 14

Pinehurst

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.

Only Platinum and Charter members have case capabilities.

Are you sure?

What?

Are you sure?

Huh?

Are... You... Sure?

OK - first of all to answer your question. Login names aren't case sensitive. I can login with markwell and Markwell. So the system doesn't know the difference between pinehurse and Pinehurst. It does however remember the login from the first time you registered. Change your name to Pinehurst1. Change your name back to Pinehurst. That should fix it.

I changed it, but it will not change again, now it is stuck Pinehurst1.

Sucks to be you. :lol:

Yaa.

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.
Try "pinhead", it fits much better to you, and it sounds similar!

Someone already toke it.

Bogart?

...or spleef

You've lost me now.

??????????

I think you forgot to reply.

How are you "setting" your username? I don't have that ability.

I have two upper case letters in my name, but it cost me $10 for each letter, and I could only afford two.

There is an option in your profile.

Did you get the confirm from PayPal on your payment?

It did not ask me to pay?

Wait. You got a capital AND a number and didn't get charged????

Yes.

How are you "setting" your username? I don't have that ability.

I have two upper case letters in my name, but it cost me $10 for each letter, and I could only afford two.

There is an option in your profile.

Did you get the confirm from PayPal on your payment?

It did not ask me to pay?

Did you hack your account?

No.

We-e-ell, we chose carefully when we signed up. There are 2 of us old people (not so old then, but have become now) and most posters said - "My Gawd! You people are nutz if you think we will listen to a couple of old farts!" Little did they know that we did not have to pay for that "2" in front of our oldfarts. :lol:

Besides it is fun to be nutz - everyone knows that all Shirleys are Squirrely. :)

Why? - I know U will ask - Because I am old and wise - that's why.

Shirley~

Ok.

When did they start letting people change their names? I thought it took an act of Gawd or the PTB to change it. That makes it waaaay to easy to mess things up.

Could I change my user name for just one day and start crazy threads and talk like a crazy person for a day. Then change it back the next and no one realize it was me?

Inquiring minds......

You can only change it evrey so offten, unless you contact them.

When did they start letting people change their names? I thought it took an act of Gawd or the PTB to change it. That makes it waaaay to easy to mess things up.

Could I change my user name for just one day and start crazy threads and talk like a crazy person for a day. Then change it back the next and no one realize it was me?

Inquiring minds......

They changed that two updates ago I believe (early June update). You're allowed to change your username on your own once. That's why the sponge guy is now stuck with a number. Now it takes an act of Frog for him to have it changed.

Go to http://www.geocaching.com/account/editprofile.aspx and click on "Change Username" besides your username.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?p...page&id=115

Yaa, correct.

Inquiring minds......

They changed that two updates ago I believe (early June update). You're allowed to change your username on your own once. That's why the sponge guy is now stuck with a number. Now it takes an act of Frawg for him to have it changed.

Go to http://www.geocaching.com/account/editprofile.aspx and click on "Change Username" besides your username.

There. Fixed it for ya.

??????????

Inquiring minds......

They changed that two updates ago I believe (early June update). You're allowed to change your username on your own once. That's why the sponge guy is now stuck with a number. Now it takes an act of Frawg for him to have it changed.

There. Fixed it for ya.

Thank you, my bad :lol:

Or should that be : ?????????

Yes.

Inquiring minds......

There. Fixed it for ya.

Thanks to you both. I can now rest, knowing people still have to take the time and effort to make a sockpuppet account. Thanks be to the Frawg also. :)

Shirley~

What is a sock puppet account.

Looks like someone ELSE has the pinehurst login. Based on the picture on the profile and the date they registered, they may have been waiting for you.
Oh ho ho ho!!! Yeah!!! Familiar looking avatar, isn't it? I think somebody is saying, "GOTCHA!"

"Sorry, that username already exists!" Better luck next time.

There is a Pinehurst other than me?

Nope. You're the one and only (well, you and Pinehurst1, of course). They broke the mold when they made you. Quickly, I might add. :lol:

1. Ok.

2. ??????????

Actually, that was outdated information, apparently. There IS another pinehurst now (all lowercase)

I have an idea how you might be able to get your old username back, Pinehurst1. Change your name to Pinehurst2. Post a message complaining that you can't change it back to Pinehurst1. Wait a little while, and hopefully the New pinehurst will try to mess with you by changing his name from pinehurst to pinehurst1. The moment that happens, QUICKLY change yours back to pinehurst, leaving him stuck with the lame name of Pinehurst1!! You, pinehurst, will have the last laugh, and it will be so sweet!! Good luck, Pinehurst1!!

Looks like someone ELSE has the pinehurst login. Based on the picture on the profile and the date they registered, they may have been waiting for you.
Oh ho ho ho!!! Yeah!!! Familiar looking avatar, isn't it? I think somebody is saying, "GOTCHA!"

Rut Roh

Inquiring minds......

There. Fixed it for ya.

Thank you, my bad :)

Thanks to you both. I can now rest, knowing people still have to take the time and effort to make a sockpuppet account. Thanks be to the Frawg also. :anicute:

Shirley~

It's when you creat an accou.....

Oh crap. I just can't bring myself to reply to every post. :lol:

Sweet, it looks like "Pinehurst" is now available: "That username is currently available!"

Don't take it.

Take what?

Ok. I hope I get it back.

When we signed up there was a special going on, a free capital letter with the purchase of each number. The "2s" were really cheap.

I never understood why they tied the price to the particular digits. 2s being 2$ 3s $3 and so on. Should have been single digits one price 2 digits a bit higher 3 digits more expensive.

I did not know they did that.

Oh wow! That was just cruel!

I know.

Inquiring minds......

There. Fixed it for ya.

Thank you, my bad :blink:

Thanks to you both. I can now rest, knowing people still have to take the time and effort to make a sockpuppet account. Thanks be to the Frawg also. :lol:

Shirley~

What have you got against socks?

Nothing! I am truly ashamed!! blush.gif

Why?

if someone really did that in purpose, which looks like it, it seriously sucks to be them

Yaa.

Did you do it?

Nope. You're the one and only (well, you and Pinehurst1, of course). They broke the mold when they made you. Quickly, I might add. :blink:

1. Ok.

2. ??????????

Actually, that was outdated information, apparently. There IS another pinehurst now (all lowercase)

Lol.

I have an idea how you might be able to get your old username back, Pinehurst1. Change your name to Pinehurst2. Post a message complaining that you can't change it back to Pinehurst1. Wait a little while, and hopefully the New pinehurst will try to mess with you by changing his name from pinehurst to pinehurst1. The moment that happens, QUICKLY change yours back to pinehurst, leaving him stuck with the lame name of Pinehurst1!! You, pinehurst, will have the last laugh, and it will be so sweet!! Good luck, Pinehurst1!!

I can't change my name again until Groundspeak replys to my support request.

Rut Roh

yaa.

Inquiring minds......

There. Fixed it for ya.

Thanks to you both. I can now rest, knowing people still have to take the time and effort to make a sockpuppet account. Thanks be to the Frawg also. :lol:

Shirley~

It's when you creat an accou.....

Oh crap. I just can't bring myself to reply to every post. :blink:

I can, but it took a long time.

The moment that happens, QUICKLY change yours back to pinehurst,

Hmm ... wouldn't that start another time rift and we'd be back where we started? Then he'll be wanting the capital P all over again!

I mean change it to Pinehurst, not pinehurst.

Sweet, it looks like "Pinehurst" is now available: "That username is currently available!"

Don't take it.

Take what?

The username, but someone already did.

Did you do it?

No, Pinehurst1. I did not do it, would not have done it, and I don't know who did.

What does the name mean, anyway? I know that Pinehurst is a place in North Carolina.

I will reply to the rest of these tomaro.

blahblah.gif= You talk much but say nothing.

deadhorse2.gif= You are beating a dead horse and has no value.

dancinglock.gif= Lock the thread.

??????????

Now how easy was that?

And before you "say" it:

"??????????"

refraining from using an emoticon that will get me in trouble

Don't take it.

Take what?

They did? It looks like it's available.

Don't take it.

Take what?

Oh, not to worry as I wouldn't take it even if I had the chance to. Who ever did would be flirting with some guidelines such as "sock puppets" or "impersonating another forum member" how ever they are worded I would think. Not a very nice thing to do.

Did you do it?

No, Pinehurst1. I did not do it, would not have done it, and I don't know who did.

What does the name mean, anyway? I know that Pinehurst is a place in North Carolina.

1. Ok.

2. I don't know.

I will reply to the rest of these tomaro.

blahblah.gif= You talk much but say nothing.

deadhorse2.gif= You are beating a dead horse and has no value.

dancinglock.gif= Lock the thread.

??????????

Now how easy was that?

And before you "say" it:

"??????????"

refraining from using an emoticon that will get me in trouble

1. Not easy.

2. Why?

Don't take it.

Take what?

They did? It looks like it's available.

Now i'm using it again.

Don't take it.

Take what?

Oh, not to worry as I wouldn't take it even if I had the chance to. Who ever did would be flirting with some guidelines such as "sock puppets" or "impersonating another forum member" how ever they are worded I would think. Not a very nice thing to do.

They gave it back.