Bug 14

Pinehurst

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.

"Sorry, that username already exists!" Better luck next time.

There is a Pinehurst other than me?

Sweet, it looks like "Pinehurst" is now available: "That username is currently available!"

Don't take it.

Take what?

The username, but someone already did.

Oh, not to worry as I wouldn't take it even if I had the chance to. Who ever did would be flirting with some guidelines such as "sock puppets" or "impersonating another forum member" how ever they are worded I would think. Not a very nice thing to do.

They gave it back.

Who had it?

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.

Sweet, it looks like "Pinehurst" is now available: "That username is currently available!"

Don't take it.

Take what?

They did? It looks like it's available.

Now i'm using it again.

?????????

Your post shows that you are 'Pinehurst1'

I changed it, but it will not change again, now it is stuck Pinehurst1.

Looks like someone ELSE has the pinehurst login. Based on the picture on the profile and the date they registered, they may have been waiting for you.
Oh ho ho ho!!! Yeah!!! Familiar looking avatar, isn't it? I think somebody is saying, "GOTCHA!"

Did you do it?

No, Pinehurst1. I did not do it, would not have done it, and I don't know who did.

What does the name mean, anyway? I know that Pinehurst is a place in North Carolina.

1. Ok.

2. I don't know.

You don't know why you chose the name "pinehurst"? :blink:
You don't know why you chose the name "pinehurst"? :blink:

I propose:

pinehurst / verb / 1. to start threads about frivolous and possibly unreproducible bugs. 2. to respond to a bunch of forum postings individually, quoting entire history, with one short line. 3. to reduce the signal to noise ratio of a forum.

Don't take it.

Take what?

They did? It looks like it's available.

Now i'm using it again.

Still says Pinehurst1!

Don't take it.

Take what?

Oh, not to worry as I wouldn't take it even if I had the chance to. Who ever did would be flirting with some guidelines such as "sock puppets" or "impersonating another forum member" how ever they are worded I would think. Not a very nice thing to do.

They gave it back.

Why did they take it?

Thanks to a helpful Lackey, the username situation for Initial Caps Pinehurst has been resolved as requested.

Thanks to some rare helpful posts in this thread, the OP received advice about following the forum link to update his information here in the forums to reflect the current username.

As a takeaway, we've learned that although there is a once-only option to change your username, special cases and problems should be escalated to Groundspeak's attention at the contact email address or via a support ticket.

Having tied a nice big blue bow around this discussion, I am now putting the thread out of its misery.