Bug 14

Pinehurst

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.
Well, I'll be! That's odd. Speaking of odd...

oh, nevermind.

knowschad!

I tried resetting your name to nosechad and it kept going back to knowschad.

Com'on.... everybody knows you cannot wear glasses w/o a nose that knows. ;)
I know this is a bit off-topic, but did you realize that knowshad, spelled backwards, spells dahswonk? And even stranger... dahswonk spelled backwards spells knowschad!!! How strange is THAT? (humming early theramin music)
Com'on.... everybody knows you cannot wear glasses w/o a nose that knows. ;)
I know this is a bit off-topic, but did you realize that knowshad, spelled backwards, spells dahswonk? And even stranger... dahswonk spelled backwards spells knowschad!!! How strange is THAT? (humming early theramin music)

I can think of something stranger.

b7957b4c-ced3-416d-85b9-8965dc464809.jpg

How are you "setting" your username? I don't have that ability.

I have two upper case letters in my name, but it cost me $10 for each letter, and I could only afford two.

That was in 2003 prices, Mr Capsicum Brain. I guess you haven't stayed in touch with inflation. By the time I signed up, it was already up to $85/capital letter. I had a mouth to feed. And so I'm "knowschad" forever. Sucks. Really it does.

I have two upper case letters in my name, but it cost me $10 for each letter, and I could only afford two.

That was in 2003 prices, Mr Capsicum Brain. I guess you haven't stayed in touch with inflation. By the time I signed up, it was already up to $85/capital letter. I had a mouth to feed. And so I'm "knowschad" forever. Sucks. Really it does.

I had a coupon for "One Free Capital Letter" that I had used when I started geocaching in '02. I didn't read the fine print saying that it expired in three years. I decided to not renew my capital letter subscription so it has been zoltig (lower case z) ever since. I don't think the prices on Capital letter have increased much more than $85 (usd) but they are offering the "buy one capital letter and get the second capital letter for half price" these days. It is just a way for them to make up the extra money from having a lower premium membership price. You can elect to have them bill you quarterly if you like for the caital letters.

I had a coupon for "One Free Capital Letter" that I had used when I started geocaching in '02. I didn't read the fine print saying that it expired in three years. I decided to not renew my capital letter subscription so it has been zoltig (lower case z) ever since. I don't think the prices on Capital letter have increased much more than $85 (usd) but they are offering the "buy one capital letter and get the second capital letter for half price" these days. It is just a way for them to make up the extra money from having a lower premium membership price. You can elect to have them bill you quarterly if you like for the caital letters.

Zoltig Mar 28 2003, 02:50 PM

ba71050f-cbdc-442d-8c4c-a88db3316a7a.jpg

How about Guinness, Joe?? Gulp Gulp, ahh!

I like to bring the dog, Jessie.

Zoltig

Yeah, I see that!! Very impressive, I must say.

When I set my username to "Pinehurst", it goes back to "pinehurst", but I have seen some people with the first letter upercase.
Well, I'll be! That's odd. Speaking of odd...

oh, nevermind.

knowschad!

Lol.

OK - first of all to answer your question. Login names aren't case sensitive. I can login with markwell and Markwell. So the system doesn't know the difference between pinehurse and Pinehurst. It does however remember the login from the first time you registered. Change your name to Pinehurst1. Change your name back to Pinehurst. That should fix it.

Com'on.... everybody knows you cannot wear glasses w/o a nose that knows. :lol:

Strange.

Com'on.... everybody knows you cannot wear glasses w/o a nose that knows. :lol:

I can think of something stranger.

b7957b4c-ced3-416d-85b9-8965dc464809.jpg

Lol.

Try "pinhead", it fits much better to you, and it sounds similar!

Someone already toke it.

Bogart?

Edited by baloo&bd
Try "pinhead", it fits much better to you, and it sounds similar!

Someone already toke it.

Bogart?

...or spleef

There is an option in your profile.

You have to pay?

Edited by pinehurst

There is an option in your profile.

Did you get the confirm from PayPal on your payment?

Why don't you change it?

Ok.

Only Platinum and Charter members have case capabilities.

Are you sure?

What?

Are you sure?

OK - first of all to answer your question. Login names aren't case sensitive. I can login with markwell and Markwell. So the system doesn't know the difference between pinehurse and Pinehurst. It does however remember the login from the first time you registered. Change your name to Pinehurst1. Change your name back to Pinehurst. That should fix it.

I changed it, but it will not change again, now it is stuck Pinehurst1.