Mystery Turtle

MustangJoni

Was so surprised and happy to find one of these little turtles in the most unlikely place among my things at the booth during the Geocoinfest event. This coin is really lovely - and I am sincerely grateful to have received one. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Most unlikely place? In a room full of coins? Do tell . . .

TMA

Inside my cash box! How did that slip in there without me noticing???! :D

Wow, there was a Geo Honu coins at Coinfest? And I didn't a chance to see them. :D

Oh, well, maybe next year. Congrats!! to all the new owners. :(

Well, I was going through my "secret" stash of coin from GCF and I drop a coin. Pick it up and huh? What? NO WAY!!! I was graced with the antique silver turtle.

This was great. I have had a really rough week at school and I come to find this guy. Talk about a perk up! (Oh, I have to apologize to my neighbors for the excited screams. :ph34r: )

THANK YOU to whomever you are. You made my week. :)

Would anyone happen to have a MYSTERY TURTLE (GEOHONU) for trade? I would trade all of these coins for one of these:

Delaware 2005 Silver/Gold

Austria Nano (Ernies)

Project FRED round

Cacheper

Geowoodstock VII attendee

Obsessed with Geocaching 2006 Ventura Kids

Blue Fire

Mimbres V1 (turtle) antique bronze

Back Brake Billy

Mystery Heart LE (T/O version antique silver)

Lil Dreamer copper

Geoscooter Pink

Goscooter Blue

Got Coords Fire

Perfect Caching Weather gold

Courage Lion Black Nickel

Edeltraud Black/Antique Silver

Geoparrot Team Thorny

Geotoids purple/gold

Sunriver

Compass Rose 5th Anniversary Antarctic

Delft #3 Trapgavel

All of these for just one Mystery Turtle. Pllllleeaasse?

Would anyone happen to have a MYSTERY TURTLE (GEOHONU) for trade? (preferably the black nickel and white or silver) I would trade ALL of these coins for one of these:

Austria Nano (Ernies)

Project FRED round

Cacheper

Blue Fire

Back Brake Billy

Lil Dreamer copper

Geoscooter Pink

Goscooter Blue

Got Coords Fire

Geoparrot Team Thorny

Geotoids purple/gold

Sunriver

Delft #3 Trapgavel

Blue Scout Knife set (3)

ALL of these for just one Mystery Turtle. Pllllleeaasse?

Edited by turtlemcclure

Ok Here we go in the hope there is a Mystery coin giver out there with a weathered eye on this thread. :ph34r:

turtlemcclure is somewhat desperate for this coin (and who can blame them :anibad: ) and has upped their offer of so many coins for just this one in a trade. I can not see any of the recipients of this wonderful coin willing to part with theirs so....

May I put it to the mystery coin giver. Please send me the coin, I will then make the trade with turtlemcclure and once in hand will start to redistribute 27 (lets make it 30 even numbers are easier to track) coins in cointests within 6 months, I may choose to keep one or two of the traded coins but rest assured 30 coins would be redistributed to the coin collecting community.

Just a thought on how to get a lot of coins moving into the hands of the good folk that frequent this forum :P I would be responsible for all packaging and postage costs .. But I would have to turn to the people for competition ideas and I don't think I have enough to keep it interesting for 6 different cointests (thinking 5 winners each time or something like that)

Well that's the idea in a nutshell (a rather long nutshell) So what about it most generous Mystery coin giver let me share a bit of the postage burden ( shhh do not mention it to my wife @ around 5 dollars postage a coin from Australia :anibad: )

I am going to try again. It's been awhile but I am still looking for one coin. I am willing to trade ALL of these coins for just the ONE. I am looking for a GEOHONU Mystery Turtle (preferably Black Nickel/White or Silver but any one of the metals would be great just to have one)

Austria Nano (Ernies)

Project FRED round

Cacheper

Blue Fire

Back Brake Billy

Lil Dreamer copper

Geoscooter Pink

Goscooter Blue

Got Coords Fire

Geoparrot Team Thorny

Geotoids purple/gold

Sunriver

Delft Trapgavel

Blue Scout Knife set (3)

Dutch Micro (orange)

Dutch Micro silver 2009

Hase and Igel

All of these for just one Mystery Turtle. Pllllleeaasse?

Turtles, you have to be in awe of them, they are just so "Nature" there is nothing sharp and aggressive about them the way they move and just get on with it.. ;) But then if you give them a chance...

Below is a picture of my daughter at a touch pool in the Bali Safari park in Indonesia, about 30 seconds after this picture was taken there was a almighty wail that had staff running from all directions (it might have had something to do with the Piranha tank next to the turtle exhibit hehe) It seems she had been patting it and drew her hand a little too close to the head and he lent his head back and she was not quick enough to escape a "SNAP" it only just broke the skin but you would have thought she had lost a finger from the carry on hehe

The staff were very good, and did everything you need to do considering the risks from some turtles and bacteria. Just thought I would share how we used to love turtles, Ok we still do as it gives us much joy to reminder her about it all the time. Much to her disgust. :blink:

5a88f284-3114-445f-9597-03f9657de68d.jpg

So great - we just returned from a trip to Oman - where we were privelleged to watch turtles laying and hatching.

Check the nearby cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a71af993-809b-4b53-8604-a094ff655908

Congratulations to MustangJoni, Toojin, and The Moop Along for receiving such a cool coin. Isn't it just wonderful to receive these little surprises in life? And isn't it equally wonderful that there are these mystery coiners that come up with these ideas and are generous enough to share their surprises? Yea for Mystery Coins and their Makers! :)

Congratulations to MustangJoni, Toojin, and The Moop Along for receiving such a cool coin. Isn't it just wonderful to receive these little surprises in life? And isn't it equally wonderful that there are these mystery coiners that come up with these ideas and are generous enough to share their surprises? Yea for Mystery Coins and their Makers! :)

Degai, What you said is so perfect. It is the most amazing thing is to Pay it forward, anything to make someone smile when they are down and out. I hope someday to be blessed with this beautiful Mystery Geocoin. Congrats MustangJoni, Toojin and Moops. Happy New Years to you Mystery coiners out there and to everyon in the Geocaching/Geocoin Family.

You might have read about my misterious GeocoinFest 2011 in Cologne experiance. But if you didn't, on the great event day I had received already four mystery coins. What con I say. I was realy upset, in a positive way of course. I already was so exited, I couldn't immagine that it was not the end of this mysterious coin event. Again like before, I didn't see it coming. Just on one moment when I looked in front of me on the table, there it was, this very cool looking Turtle:

GeoHonumysterygeocoin1.jpg

GeoHonumysterygeocoin2.jpg

I didn't know what it was and had to ask my friend-coiners. They recognized as the Geo Honu mystery coin. Fortunately this was the last mystery coin I got this weekend, otherwise I would have gone crazy I think. This was realy the best event ever for me. Now, two day later, I'm stil with my head in the clouds.

All coin givers many, many thanks for these great gifts!

Edited by JackHoe

You might have read about my misterious GeocoinFest 2011 in Cologne experiance. But if you didn't, on the great event day I had received already four mystery coins. What con I say. I was realy upset, in a positive way of course. I already was so exited, I couldn't immagine that it was not the end of this mysterious coin event. Again like before, I didn't see it coming. Just on one moment when I looked in front of me on the table, there it was, this very cool looking Turtle:

GeoHonumysterygeocoin1.jpg

GeoHonumysterygeocoin2.jpg

I didn't know what it was and had to ask my friend-coiners. They recognized as the Geo Honu mystery coin. Fortunately this was the last mystery coin I got this weekend, otherwise I would have gone crazy I think. This was realy the best event ever for me. Now, two day later, I'm stil with my head in the clouds.

All coin givers many, many thanks for these great gifts!

Congratulations on getting another mystery coin :D . I had the chance to have a close look on this one - very stunning coin!

Here is a little straggler I helped to the water the other day as the gulls had their eye on him.

0dd017c3-fc66-474b-ab4d-a39a9610ec61.jpg

That is too cool.... one time my family and I were lucky enough to see some babies trying to make it to the ocean while we were at St. George in Florida. Amazing to think that those itty bitties will one day weigh 200 or 300 pounds. :ph34r:

Where was that photo taken?

Sue was a surprised recipient of the copper version at Geocoinfest SC. She found it while going for something in her handbag! The mystery giver slipped it in while we were going from table to table. Thank you mystery giver for this remarkable coin! It is most appreciated! This is Sue's first mystery coin :)

20100704_1530_edited-1.jpg

Edited by JoenSue

I too was the recipient of a Mystery Turtle at GCF! The morning after the Midnight Madness event on Friday night I dumped out the bag that I was carrying my geocoin box in to sort thru the contents & organize it a bit. I was thrilled & surprised to find an antique silver version of this wonderful coin! No pics yet (I'm not that organized...) but I want to thank whoever it was that slipped this li'l beauty into my bag. Thank you so much!! I love, love, LOVE this coin!! :wub: Thank you!!! :lol:

CF30

I too was the recipient of a Mystery Turtle at GCF! The morning after the Midnight Madness event on Friday night I dumped out the bag that I was carrying my geocoin box in to sort thru the contents & organize it a bit. I was thrilled & surprised to find an antique silver version of this wonderful coin! No pics yet (I'm not that organized...) but I want to thank whoever it was that slipped this li'l beauty into my bag. Thank you so much!! I love, love, LOVE this coin!! :wub: Thank you!!! :lol:

CF30

Congrats! I wish I could have stayed longer at GCF but had to leave after the poker event. :(

I grabbed the mail today and in between the bills I found a bubble mailer. That was a tad confusing as I have been sending out way more than receiving. Then I realized it could be from fantasy baseball. Checking it out closer I realized that no one from the league would send it to me from me and it didn’t have a postmark. So what was in this mailer? I made myself wait until I got inside to open it. :laughing: That was hard even though it was cold and starting to snow. Nothing fell out when I opened the envelope so I reached in and coaxed out not one but two geohonu turtles!! What a surprise!! I grinned from ear to ear. :D

Again a mystery coiner knew when a smile was needed and spirits needed to be lifted! This year has not been good to me and today was pretty gloomy so the timing was amazing. I can’t wait for 2013 in hopes it will be better. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you mystery coiner for the smiles today and whenever I look at these great coins. :wub: I really couldn't say it any better than Degai so I will quote her....

Isn't it just wonderful to receive these little surprises in life? And isn't it equally wonderful that there are these mystery coiners that come up with these ideas and are generous enough to share their surprises? Yea for Mystery Coins and their Makers! :)

I am sending virtual hugs your way Mystery Coiner!!

P1020598.jpg

I grabbed the mail today and in between the bills I found a bubble mailer. That was a tad confusing as I have been sending out way more than receiving. Then I realized it could be from fantasy baseball. Checking it out closer I realized that no one from the league would send it to me from me and it didn’t have a postmark. So what was in this mailer? I made myself wait until I got inside to open it. :laughing: That was hard even though it was cold and starting to snow. Nothing fell out when I opened the envelope so I reached in and coaxed out not one but two geohonu turtles!! What a surprise!! I grinned from ear to ear. :D

Again a mystery coiner knew when a smile was needed and spirits needed to be lifted! This year has not been good to me and today was pretty gloomy so the timing was amazing. I can’t wait for 2013 in hopes it will be better. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you mystery coiner for the smiles today and whenever I look at these great coins. :wub: I really couldn't say it any better than Degai so I will quote her....

Isn't it just wonderful to receive these little surprises in life? And isn't it equally wonderful that there are these mystery coiners that come up with these ideas and are generous enough to share their surprises? Yea for Mystery Coins and their Makers! :)

I am sending virtual hugs your way Mystery Coiner!!

P1020598.jpg

Great coin and 'grats to LadyBee4T! Sorry things haven't been going well for you, but I sure hope you mean that you want 2012 to be better...if you wait for a better 2013, you have to wait a whole year!

If it makes you feel any better, I totally love your Michigan 11-11-11 event coin, which I received in the mail yesterday. Thanks again! :wub:

Great coin and 'grats to LadyBee4T! Sorry things haven't been going well for you, but I sure hope you mean that you want 2012 to be better...if you wait for a better 2013, you have to wait a whole year!

If it makes you feel any better, I totally love your Michigan 11-11-11 event coin, which I received in the mail yesterday. Thanks again! :wub:

Thanks! Well I know that the first half of 2012 won't be so great so maybe I was just blanking out the entire year and skipping to 2013. LOL Glad you like the 11-11-11 coin!

These little beauties are sitting on my keyboard right now :D

Congratulations for these coins and thank you mystery coiner for bringing smiles t o people who really need this!

I saw one of these great coins in the hand of JackHoe at the 1.EU Geocoinfest and he was so excited about that. After seeing it I could really understand him - such a cute coin!!!!

Our 2011 has been a bit of a whirlwind but (touch wood) nothing to drastic has happened so far.

Until I saw this thread back on page one I forgot that when we visited Jimbaran Bay, Bali in Feb this year we partook in releasing some new Turtle hatchlings into the Bay. They have a program that is trying to help repopulate the turtles due to over fishing and some part tourists buying turtle shell and other bits.

The cost of releasing them is put back into the turtle hatchery plus educating the locals and tourists alike.

Now no drama with turtle bites this time like back in Post #35

Just a great feeling as we watched them make their way into the surf and out into the calm waters of the bay.

Mrs AlliedOz and The Jokers about to set them free.

2098f681-0f87-49e3-b151-f219b348dd3d.jpg?rnd=0.6212846