Mystery Turtle

MustangJoni

Congats to MustangJoni, Toojin and The Moop Along for receiving those wonderful mystery turtle Geocoins. . .They couldn't have gone to a nicer group of people!

Again. . .another kind and generous mystery coiner! Congrats to you for your wonderful design and generosity.

And Kat. . .thanks for saving many of us the time and effort in finding out what the translation was on the back of the coin. BTW, do you ever sleep? :(

Turtles, you have to be in awe of them, they are just so "Nature" there is nothing sharp and aggressive about them the way they move and just get on with it.. :( But then if you give them a chance...

Below is a picture of my daughter at a touch pool in the Bali Safari park in Indonesia, about 30 seconds after this picture was taken there was a almighty wail that had staff running from all directions (it might have had something to do with the Piranha tank next to the turtle exhibit hehe) It seems she had been patting it and drew her hand a little too close to the head and he lent his head back and she was not quick enough to escape a "SNAP" it only just broke the skin but you would have thought she had lost a finger from the carry on hehe

The staff were very good, and did everything you need to do considering the risks from some turtles and bacteria. Just thought I would share how we used to love turtles, Ok we still do as it gives us much joy to reminder her about it all the time. Much to her disgust. :(

5a88f284-3114-445f-9597-03f9657de68d.jpg

Great pic :) You should post that on the tsun FB page :D I like the pin on her hat too!

More pics of the coins!

:( Believe it or not I missed the Pin-->Turtle-->Geocaching connection, she has worn it for so long it is a part of her.

Shop99er took pictures of the one that was slipped into my backpack at Midnight Geocoin Madness. It is shiny gold with translucent green.

Two pics, because one shows the translucent really well.

1c648834-9ef4-4782-8aa9-0d0e717310b6.jpg7ea6f2ad-1fb0-4935-9b55-97e81b54b818.jpg

:lol:

WOW!! This turtle look greats. Thanks to show us this nice picture. :lol:

Hope the turtle will swimm to Amsterdam, he will meet here a lot of his friends. :anibad:

I missed the one in the silent auction at the MWGB. Oh well drneal would have out bid me anyway. LOL It is a really cool coin! Congrats to all who have received one.

I saw it there too, and it was above my limit when I found it...there were a lot of other mystery coins in the auction (Brenda REALLY wanted the Bell Witch coin, but we were out bid). At least I got to drool over the ones that we did not win. Congrats to those lucky recipients

Edited by DresselDragons

I missed the one in the silent auction at the MWGB. Oh well drneal would have out bid me anyway. LOL It is a really cool coin! Congrats to all who have received one.

I saw it there too, and it was above my limit when I found it...there were a lot of other mystery coins in the auction (Brenda REALLY wanted the Bell Witch coin, but we were out bid). At least I got to drool over the ones that we did not win. Congrats to those lucky recipients

Yep, drneal outbid us all. :unsure:

The only Mystery coins I saw or heard about at MWGB were on the Auction table... :blink:

CF30

As I sat around trading things at the Meet and Greet today before GCF, I picked up my box of traders. I only had a few types, so I was showing them what I had. I grabbed one of my Li'l Dreamer coins, and pulled it out of the box except..it was a geohonu!!!!

I was so shocked!! It is the gold and green one, and it's so gorgeous!!! I immediately showed it off to Vanelle and we both proceeded to squee (there's no other word that really describes what we did other than that) over the coin.

Thank you SO MUCH mystery coin person!!! It put a huge smile on my face!!

As I sat around trading things at the Meet and Greet today before GCF, I picked up my box of traders. I only had a few types, so I was showing them what I had. I grabbed one of my Li'l Dreamer coins, and pulled it out of the box except..it was a geohonu!!!!

I was so shocked!! It is the gold and green one, and it's so gorgeous!!! I immediately showed it off to Vanelle and we both proceeded to squee (there's no other word that really describes what we did other than that) over the coin.

squee is a great word!

Shop99er took pictures of the one that was slipped into my backpack at Midnight Geocoin Madness. It is shiny gold with translucent green.

Two pics, because one shows the translucent really well.

1c648834-9ef4-4782-8aa9-0d0e717310b6.jpg7ea6f2ad-1fb0-4935-9b55-97e81b54b818.jpg

:anibad:

WOW!! This turtle look greats. Thanks to show us this nice picture. :D

Hope the turtle will swimm to Amsterdam, he will meet here a lot of his friends. <_<

I love how the colors are so vivid in this coin.... maybe because I am very partial to green. The simple designs.... errr let me rephrase that.... the less intricate/ less ornate designs appeal to me the most. I just love the look. And the coin looks very smooth.... much like the look that sea glass gets over time. This is probably my favorite design for a shaped coin. Kudos to the mystery designer!

Edited by goosefraba1

That's AWESOME!! Congrats!!

Awww... to Squee... <_<

~J

Awwww.... You are SOOOO lucky!! That is a nice coin. When it first showed up here in the forums, I was hoping one might find it's way to Texas so my boss could see it! Will have to keep my eyes out for it.

Wow Congratulations:) so Happy for you. I wish when I was at your booth you would of showed it to me:) The one to the right in the picture looks glow. I would of love to have seen it in person. Thanks for sharing your story anne.and.eli.

I just saw this thread for the first time and wow!!! A mystery turtle geocoin!!! And it is sooo nice! <_<:anibad:

I can't help imagining how happy I'd be to have one of these in my collection of turtle-related geocoins...

Those of you that got one are really lucky :D Congratulations!!

Antonio

We got back to our room after the poker game at GCF this evening - and I couldn't find my purse, so tipped my whole bag out onto the bed. A Geo Honu turtle was right there among all my stuff!!

Neither Kaz nor I have any idea how this cute little coin got there, or when even!

It's gorgeous, and I would like to sincerely thank whoever the kind person was who gave it to me - your kindness is much appreciated and will certainly be a grand memory of the fantastic time we've had at GCF.

Today has been amazing, in fact the past few days have been wonderful, so many friendly people and lots of coin and pathtag trading! Brilliant.

And yes, I found my purse amongst all my stuff!

We got back to our room after the poker game at GCF this evening - and I couldn't find my purse, so tipped my whole bag out onto the bed. A Geo Honu turtle was right there among all my stuff!!

Neither Kaz nor I have any idea how this cute little coin got there, or when even!

It's gorgeous, and I would like to sincerely thank whoever the kind person was who gave it to me - your kindness is much appreciated and will certainly be a grand memory of the fantastic time we've had at GCF.

Today has been amazing, in fact the past few days have been wonderful, so many friendly people and lots of coin and pathtag trading! Brilliant.

And yes, I found my purse amongst all my stuff!

congratulations Kaz and Wendy. It was such a pleasure meeting the both of you and Coco was a very sweet dog. Couldn't think of a much nicer mystery geocoin appear to much nicer people as you. Congratulations:) Edited by sweetlife