Mystery Turtle

MustangJoni

What a cool coin! I like the simplicity of it. It's really elegant. : ) I started a grand search to find some way to translate the text and then found out it's the state motto of Hawai'i ("The Life of the Land is Perpetuated by Righteousness"), at least according to Wikipedia. Very interesting! I like coins that make me look stuff up. : )

Well doesn't that beat all. I'm sitting here in the Seattle airport waiting to fly out. And I noticed this thread. I wondered what that little Black Nickel turtle was that I found yesterday at the Midnight Madness event. thanks to whoever left it in my bag! Looks like everyone got a different version, how fun ;)

TMA

Turtles, you have to be in awe of them, they are just so "Nature" there is nothing sharp and aggressive about them the way they move and just get on with it.. ;) But then if you give them a chance...

Below is a picture of my daughter at a touch pool in the Bali Safari park in Indonesia, about 30 seconds after this picture was taken there was a almighty wail that had staff running from all directions (it might have had something to do with the Piranha tank next to the turtle exhibit hehe) It seems she had been patting it and drew her hand a little too close to the head and he lent his head back and she was not quick enough to escape a "SNAP" it only just broke the skin but you would have thought she had lost a finger from the carry on hehe

The staff were very good, and did everything you need to do considering the risks from some turtles and bacteria. Just thought I would share how we used to love turtles, Ok we still do as it gives us much joy to reminder her about it all the time. Much to her disgust. :blink:

5a88f284-3114-445f-9597-03f9657de68d.jpg

Edited by AlliedOz

I can also attest that following the Geocoin Poker Challenge game (congrats JohnMac56, btw!), that one of the coins picked by the 2nd place person was an Antique Silver one of these turtles. Somehow one of these made it into the pot winnings. Velma of Shaggy, Scooby, & Velma came in 2nd place (again), FYI. Not sure if she'll catch this thread to post.

TMA

Turtles, you have to be in awe of them, they are just so "Nature" there is nothing sharp and aggressive about them the way they move and just get on with it.. ;) But then if you give them a chance...

Below is a picture of my daughter at a touch pool in the Bali Safari park in Indonesia, about 30 seconds after this picture was taken there was a almighty wail that had staff running from all directions (it might have had something to do with the Piranha tank next to the turtle exhibit hehe) It seems she had been patting it and drew her hand a little too close to the head and he lent his head back and she was not quick enough to escape a "SNAP" it only just broke the skin but you would have thought she had lost a finger from the carry on hehe

The staff were very good, and did everything you need to do considering the risks from some turtles and bacteria. Just thought I would share how we used to love turtles, Ok we still do as it gives us much joy to reminder her about it all the time. Much to her disgust. :blink:

5a88f284-3114-445f-9597-03f9657de68d.jpg

Great pic :D You should post that on the tsun FB page :D I like the pin on her hat too!

More pics of the coins!