Cache along a route

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer and wonder if you kind people can help?

Does cache along a route only work with roads or could I upload an offroad MTB route I follow and search for caches along that route?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

In your profile page, select Upload GPX/KML Route from the links on the right. You can upload Google Earth KML/KMZ files or GPX files. So if you have a route created (500 miles/500 points max) then it should work. Once the route is created (appears in Your Created Routes) you create a PQ from it for the number of caches/distance either side of the route :mad:

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Edited by Graculus

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer and wonder if you kind people can help?

Does cache along a route only work with roads or could I upload an offroad MTB route I follow and search for caches along that route?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

having played with this a few times, you are better off planning your route around caches when on a bike then the other way around.

I found it to be effective for long car trips (leg stretchers along a route!) only to be honest.

Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. I have contemplated both ways of doing it and each way seems to have its own merrits. The latter option is clearly the easier of the two but the first is more appealling. I normally ride at Epping Forest in Essex and usually the same trail from High Beech to Wanstead and back, about 9 miles each way, all off road.

I'll give the route upload a try and see how it goes.

Thanks again. Most helpful...

;)

Edited by Buckleberry