Nite time gogles..

With night vision equipment you get what you pay for. $500 is for a crappy russian pair.Lok to pay at least $1000 and up for a good U.S pair. I think it may be overkill to use for geocaching and i can guarantee if the cops see you skulking around in the dark they will Definetly want to know what your doing.If you just want them then there is an extreme coolness factor associated with them though.

had no idea they were that expensive..i thought they,d be nice if someone was nervous bout going in the woods late at night with a flashlite where they,d stick out like a sore thumb..ya never know whos in the woods these days ..

Edited by flapjack4

had no idea they were that expensive..i thought they,d be nice if someone was nervous bout going in the woods late at night with a flashlite where they,d stick out like a sore thumb..ya never know whos in the woods these days ..

Gotta say, I've felt that nervous twinge when hunting around bushes at night with a flashlight. The problem however is that it's a lot easier to explain why you're looking around with a flashlight than if you're looking around with nightvision goggles. The former looks relatively innocent and is quite explainable. With the latter, you would have a really hard time trying to convince the cops you're not a stalker.

I was issued the MiNi-14 Generation 3 Select Alpha Advanced Multi-Purpose System night vision monocular for work. It's on sale. At the low price of $3,499.00, you save $200.00! Your peripheral vision, color sensing and depth perception are shot the second you flip the switch, so I wouldn't suggest you use them for night caching. As a night cache enthusiast, I find a flashlight to work a whole lot better.

That and if you were to get the AN/PVS-7 single tube goggles i hear that they have issues with depth perception due to only having 1 lens.The older AN/PVS-5's i have do not have that problem but you do have limited FOV compared to your natural vision.I think that would be a handicap if your out beatin the bushes looking for a cache,although you can drive a vehicle with them. The cop that pulled me over thought they were "cool" and let me go after checking them out for a few minutes.

Edited by zorakk