Geocoin Project - Mini-Dubloons

Jackalgirl

We'll be looking to trade our bounty for equal shares of all the other crew members.

We'll be increasing the size of our poke to cover trades if need be.

Much thanks in advance.

I'm also interested in trading up to 10 of the Ghost Doubloon coins for other doubloons. More trades if I can come up with the money to increase the size of the my loot.

Make sure ye lads & lassies who want to trade yer lucre get in touch with our Trade Pirate, irwando, who'll be giving me a final list. That way, I kin just pack ye treasure as it lies, an' save you the postage an' packin' were ye to do it on yer own.

Just drop me a line and I'll keep everything organized. I'm definitely in for trading too. So far only a couple of us, but hopefully more will join.

Ahoy, me hearties!

Th' Prize Crew has returned triumphant, bearing a big, heavy* box o' treasure:

Mini-Doubloons_01.jpg

* 7.6kg. Omoi!**

** Japanese: heavy!

And ye can just see a hint o' th' color cleverness o' me bright an' brilliant crew, peeking out o' the lucre:

Mini-Doubloons_02.jpg

This here ol' sea-jackal be packin' up th' loot into portions fer th' crew, each t' be gettin' his or her own share of the bounty.

It'were a grand an' glorious adventure an' I be proud t' be callin' ye "shipmates" an' in th' future, should I be settin' sail again, t'would be an honor t' serve wit' ye again!

Are the custom letters stamped in or marked on using a laser? If stamped in, I am sorry that I missed this cool opportunity.

Gregson

The custom text was laser engraved, but then colored with enamel (black for the light-toned finishes, white [for the most part] for the black nickel). That makes it a lot easier to read. The tracking codes are laser-engraved on the edge.

Edited to add: I'll definitely be doing this again next year, so though I'm sorry you missed out this time, keep an eye on the Forums for the next Treasure Quest. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Excellent! Thanks very much for the compliment. : )

I bought four or five total of the netsuke coins. Earlier, I bought two of the lotus coins. The netsuke are extra special. In the late 1800s, the British became obsessed with Japanese art and as I grow more mature in my understanding of art, I can see why.

Gregson

Well, folks, some of the folks in on the project are actually asking about reorders. And some of them are asking about being able to do completely new doubloons.

I can't promise anything (because it depends on how many people are interested), but if you didn't get in on the first run and want to get in on a second run, send me an email (dubloons@grafikato.com). I also can't guarantee that they'll be done by the end of 2010, since the process takes a while, but if that doesn't bother you, go ahead and email me.

If it DOES bother you, and you'd rather wait until 2011 for next year's edition, I /am/ planning on doing this again next year. So it's up to you. : )

I received my doubloons today and they are beautiful! This has got to be the most fun group project in which I have ever had the pleasure to participate. For those of you who didn't get in on this 2010 Mini-Doubloon Project, you missed out on a lot of fun and excitement, so I hope you will join us when Jackalgirl, or Cap'n Jackal, as she is know to us, continues the quest for more doubloons! Many of us, who did this project, cannot wait until the 2011 Mini-Doubloon Project commences (Please make it early in 2011)

I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with Jackalgirl on this project! Her design is fantastic, she is a wonderful communicator, and she is incredibly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of getting a Geocoin made and posting artwork and pictures. She was a tireless worker on this project and kept us informed every step of the way. If there was ever a question, she knew the answer or knew where to find it.

Jackalgirl even suggested we trade among ourselves. Irwando (bless his sweet pirate heart) kept track of all of the trades. Believe me that was quite a job! (I could hardly keep track of my own trades, never mind all of the others!) Then Jackalgirl separated everyone's trades and sent them out to us with our orders. Who does that? Why our fearless Captain, of course. So, many KUDOS to you, Jackalgirl, and THANK YOU, Irwando, for keeping track of the trades.

Many thank yous to all of "me pirate mates" who traded with me. All of your doubloons are stunning.

Finally, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, I got "me lucre" too late in the evening to take pictures. :grin:

I received my doubloons today and they are beautiful! This has got to be the most fun group project in which I have ever had the pleasure to participate. For those of you who didn't get in on this 2010 Mini-Doubloon Project, you missed out on a lot of fun and excitement, so I hope you will join us when Jackalgirl, or Cap'n Jackal, as she is know to us, continues the quest for more doubloons! Many of us, who did this project, cannot wait until the 2011 Mini-Doubloon Project commences (Please make it early in 2011)

I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with Jackalgirl on this project! Her design is fantastic, she is a wonderful communicator, and she is incredibly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of getting a Geocoin made and posting artwork and pictures. She was a tireless worker on this project and kept us informed every step of the way. If there was ever a question, she knew the answer or knew where to find it.

Jackalgirl even suggested we trade among ourselves. Irwando (bless his sweet pirate heart) kept track of all of the trades. Believe me that was quite a job! (I could hardly keep track of my own trades, never mind all of the others!) Then Jackalgirl separated everyone's trades and sent them out to us with our orders. Who does that? Why our fearless Captain, of course. So, many KUDOS to you, Jackalgirl, and THANK YOU, Irwando, for keeping track of the trades.

Many thank yous to all of "me pirate mates" who traded with me. All of your doubloons are stunning.

Finally, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, I got "me lucre" too late in the evening to take pictures. :grin:

Amen!!

CF30

AUGH! I totally dropped synch on the icons. Well, if there's something relatively minor on which to drop synch, that's it (at least it wasn't a pricing/payment/shipping mixup). I've sent the icons to Annie and she should be loading them this week.

Thanks very much for all your kudos! I really, really, really enjoyed doing this project (it really was a great relief/refuge from work-related stress) and am looking forward to doing it again next year. I think what made it most enjoyable was the fact that everyone involved in the project was just awesome, and made all kinds of suggestions that were very helpful (and made the project way cooler). We all shared & learned really interesting stuff about the coining process, and because of all your input, I think that next year's project will be even better!

If there's anything I could have done better or if you have any suggestions, shoot me an email, please! Otherwise, look for new information on the List (and I will post here when the next project is coming up so that we can pull off our next Press-Gang). THANKS AGAIN! : )

Finally, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, I got "me lucre" too late in the evening to take pictures. :D

Amen!!

CF30

Amen, Amen!! Seriously, very very awesome. :) I will try to take a couple pictures of the two coins we did. :P

Ooops, I forgot to take pictures. I've been out of town-again, so I will try to get around to it by the end of this week.

I also wanted to add, by trading with many of "me pirate mates", I now have a better idea of the various colors of metals, enamels, and translucents that were used, which will help in making my choices for the next round of doubloons.

Is there a list somewhere of everyone who participated and how many coins were ordered?

I guess I have to add at least two to my Dutch List (wilg and JackHoe), just wondering how many more.

Chuck,

Here are the links to the participant pages. They should tell you who ordered what. ;)

http://www.grafikato.com/doubloons2011/Mini-Doubloons_2011/Coin_List.html

http://www.grafikato.com/dubloons/list.htm

Edited by scificollector