Whereyougo Error Message on HTC Legend Android

munchtime

I have tried downloading a cartridge and placing it in the WhereYouGo file and now I have this message.

"Cannot create Root directory. SDCard probably missing. Insert and run again!"

It is not missing! It is working however when I plug in my USB cable that's when it does not work. Any suggestions?

Also

I have tried downloading a cartridge and placing it in the WhereYouGo diectory. In the WhereYou Go file on my HTC there is a Cache Folder, a Map Folder and a Tile Folder. I assume that I copy the download into the Cache Folder? Am I correct?

Regards

Munch

Edited by munchime

I have tried downloading a cartridge and placing it in the WhereYouGo file and now I have this message.

It is not missing! It is working however when I plug in my USB cable that's when it does not work. Any suggestions?

Also

I have tried downloading a cartridge and placing it in the WhereYouGo diectory. In the WhereYou Go file on my HTC there is a Cache Folder, a Map Folder and a Tile Folder. I assume that I copy the download into the Cache Folder? Am I correct?

Regards

Munch

Hi,

when you plug in phone as Mass storage device, SD Card is not available for appliacions, so WhereYouGo says that cannot connect to SD Card correctly. Just unplug you cable or select "Charge only" connection type ...

cartridge *.gwc, place directly into WhereYouGo folder, not in any subfolder

Also

Regards

Munch

Hi,

when you plug in phone as Mass storage device, SD Card is not available for appliacions, so WhereYouGo says that cannot connect to SD Card correctly. Just unplug you cable or select "Charge only" connection type ...

cartridge *.gwc, place directly into WhereYouGo folder, not in any subfolder

Thanks menion.asamm

Edited by munchime

HI,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS OUT THERE BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK... :blink:

I HAVE a DROID, (FIRST EDITION) WITH LATEST UPGRADES. I DOWNLOAD YOUR APP. DOWNLOAD A GWC FILE, FROM PHONE'S STANDARD BROWSER AND PUT IT IN JUST ABOUT EVERY DIR AND IT STILL KEEPS TELLING ME

"NO Wherigo CARTRIDGE AVAILABLE. ADD CARTRIDGE FILE (*.GWC) INTO /MNT/SDCARD/WHEREYOUGO/DIRECTORY AND START WHERE YOU GO AGAIN!"

I HAVE IT IN SO MANY PLACES...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

I have the same problem as Fettfamily describes. Would really love to get an answer to this...

HOWDY!

I DID GET A REPLY, I ALSO EMAILED HIM B) , ANYWAYS HE WAS ABLE TO HELP ME FIX IT. THANKS AGAIN!

I GUESS IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILE FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE IT TRUNCATES IT OR DOES SOMETHING TO THE FILE. THE FILE I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD WAS APPROX. 2MB BUT WHEN I USED MY PHONE (DROID) TO DOWNLOAD IT, IT WAS ONLY 69KB.

AFTER CHATING WITH menion.asamm I DID THE FOLLOWING:

I MOUNTED MY DROID ONTO MY PC AND DID A LITTLE HOUSEKEEPING AND REMOVED ANY OLD GWC FILES. I THEN COPIED THE CORRECT SIZED GWC FILE FROM WITHIN WINDOWS EXPLORER TO THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORY ON MY PHONE:

/mnt/sdcard/WhereYouGo

UNMOUNTED MY PHONE AND THEN STARTED WHEREYOUGO APP SELECTED START AND IT FINALLY DISPLAYED CHOOSE CARTRIDGE. :o

HOPE THIS HELPS, NOW I GET TO FIQURE OUT HOW TO DO MY FIRST Wherigo CARTRIDGE :anibad: