Lucky Rabbit Foot GeoCoin - Release Date 7/14/10

GeoPromotions

:::NOTICE:::

NO RABBIT WAS HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS GEOCOIN!!!

This coin will be available JULY 14, 2010. I am making it available for preorder only via this site. I will then be auctioning off some of these in order to recoup manufacturing cost.

Specs: 2 inches tall, 3mm thick. Made of Brass and Plated in Polished Nickel (Silver color) not Black Nickel. Epoxy colorfill. Total of 100 pcs made and each color has only 15-20 made. Sorry, but no unique icon...yet. I usually purchase the unique icon once the item is sold out. It really affects the cost of making coins.

Cost: $9.99 ($2.99 s/h USA or $3.99 s/h International) please add $1 s/h for each additional coin purchase.

Contact me if your interested direct at Geopromotions@cox.net. For those of you that are not sure if I am a ligitimate seller you can always see my eBay store. <indirect link removed by moderator>

386658398_o.jpg

Edited by Eartha

Those are cute! What are the particulars of the pre-order (that is, how does one do it)? Via email, I presume?

Yes, contact me and I will send a paypal invoice. Once product arrives I will ship coins. Once coins arrive you contact me and I will send the activation code. Feel free to check the geocoin list on this site to verify that this coin is approved and trackable.

Those are cute! What are the particulars of the pre-order (that is, how does one do it)? Via email, I presume?

Yes, contact me and I will send a paypal invoice. Once product arrives I will ship coins. Once coins arrive you contact me and I will send the activation code. Feel free to check the geocoin list on this site to verify that this coin is approved and trackable.

I am the mint. They will arrive to me by the week of the 14th.

Done, and paid. When about are you expecting the coins to arrive? (Has the mint given you a shipping date yet?)

I actually make them from my own factory and make other products too. I have been told that it will arrive the week of the 14th. If there are ever any delays it usually has to do with customs, but rarely. I am actually expecting 5 other new geocoins that have not been announces or shown yet to the public. One is the 45 RPM Spindle Record Adapter GeoCoin and the Egyptian Scarab Beetle Geocoin. Those are going to be really awesome looking too.

You need to get yourself listed on the approved vendors list. : )

Hopefully the coins will do well and get that unique icon. Though I like the coin enough to want them without it! And, naturally, I'll be interested in checking out the scarab coin. Just do me a favor and don't have it be one of those coins with all the detail on the front and a totally flat back with nothing but "trackable at geocaching.com" on there. I've seen that done with a lot of geocoins sold on eBay and it turns me off totally - nice front, boring back!

You need to get yourself listed on the approved vendors list. : )

Hopefully the coins will do well and get that unique icon. Though I like the coin enough to want them without it! And, naturally, I'll be interested in checking out the scarab coin. Just do me a favor and don't have it be one of those coins with all the detail on the front and a totally flat back with nothing but "trackable at geocaching.com" on there. I've seen that done with a lot of geocoins sold on eBay and it turns me off totally - nice front, boring back!

I have been approved by Groundspeak but they havent yet put me on the list due to my website that is in production. So far in two months I have manufactured 4 Geocoins and have several in art production. I am trying to make all my geocoins fun and detailed. The Rabbit Foot was an idea that I had and wanted to get started. I had hard time thinking of a back that was different from the front and keep cost down in order to be able to sell it for a reasonable price. Even for a manufacturer it can get fairly expensive.

Wow, very cool, lucky rabbit foot, maybe I will get lucky and get one for myself one for my Birthday on the 15th:) I will be praying that they don't sell out right away.

So far I have sold quite a few. I am offering a preorder prior to the 14th and after that will only offer them via auction on my ebay site. Several people have already prepaid for multiple versions of the coin. I have been pleasantly surprised at the response of this geocoin.

I'm sorry....

Member since April 2010, no hides, no finds, not on the AVL and preselling coins to the community?

Who are you again?

~J

An honest manufacturer who is just starting out in the hobby but been in the manufacturing business for many years. If you don't want one you don't have to purchase one. I thought I would give some people a first glance and opportunity. I made another geocoin and have almost sold out on eBay. The coin sold upwards to $20-40 per coin. I think I am giving a great deal to those who are collectors.

I am the mint. They will arrive to me by the week of the 14th.

Does this mean you own the mint or that you are the vendor direct from the mint?

Got my feet in the mail and they're pretty cute. I appreciate the hole at the top so they can be made to dangle; it's a nice touch! I do reiterate what I have said several times before, though: in future designs, please consider being just as ambitions with the back as with the front -- it doesn't have to be colored (if you're trying to keep costs down), but you can at least throw some textures or levels in there so it's not just a plain, flat back.

Otherwise, though, very cute, and I'll enjoy having these in my collection. Thanks!