Ape Cache

Also there was an Ape Geocoin permanently attached to the lid, which was the likely reason for taking the lid. They did try to replace the lid today, but it was the wrong size. They will keep trying. See the discussion in the NW forum for the ammo can size. If anybody has one of that size Moun10Bike would love to get one of the right size.

We were there last a.m., no lid and did not confirm but no TB's either. The distance to the cache and the size/weight of the big container make it too big to carry that far without being seen by lot's of people this week. The lid probably fit into a backpack just fine. I hope they can handle that burden on their conscience. Jerk(s)!!

We were there last a.m., no lid and did not confirm but no TB's either. The distance to the cache and the size/weight of the big container make it too big to carry that far without being seen by lot's of people this week. The lid probably fit into a backpack just fine. I hope they can handle that burden on their conscience. Jerk(s)!!

I was there as well (with Muddy Frogs actually), and yes, the lid was gone. I am not sure if a standard ammo can lid would fit or not, it might be a little too small. Someone had put a large piece of plastic over the top of the cache and put some pieces of wood over that. In hindsight, I wish I had brought a bungee cord from the car.

What I was told was that another lid was being sought out and that it would be replaced. Boy that was an amazing hike! I'm glad to have had the chance.

And while I'm on the subject, for those still in the area and wanting to do something extra fun once you have logged the trifecta; I recommend this challenge:

GC1WYHN

We saw the Challenge owners at the Lost and Found event, and they recommended it to us. It was truly fun, and it was neat to see Mt. St. Helen's, which neither my husband nor I had been to since we were children.

We did get a flat tire though while we were out there... but that's a story for another day :lol:

I think a standard ammo can lid would work on this cache if someone wanted to practice some good karma

Nope, a standard lid would be too small. After the lid was stolen on Thursday, the locals rounded up a lid we thought was the right size and ran it up at 7 am Friday morning (ahead of the Going APE event), but it didn't fit. Moun10Bike has ordered a lid of the correct size, and some other cachers have also offered larger lids, as well, so we hope to have it fixed soon.