unpub / superseded XIX century BMs ?

MOCKBA

MR0714, a 1888 benchmark, has been gone for 80 years, but the list of its reference objects is a compendium of Salt Lake Valley BMs of the Transcontinental Survey era. Among them is LP0487, the oldest one I've been able to find thus far.

A few others are unpublished, for lack of written description ( item 'D' under heading 'H' in the NGS db).

At least two may have been superseded by modern BMs. There is 'LONE' instead of LO0870 LONE PEAK NEEDLE, and 'NELSON' in place of LP0404 OQUIRRH. So I guess there aren't any oldtime monuments left at these two locations. By the way, is there a good reason why the newer BMs aren't listed as resets of the older ones? Is it because their positions differ slightly?

Now one more unpub BM is really interesting. LO0874 DRAPER has not been replaced by any modern BM. It is located on a prominent hill near the junction of Draper Ridge and Jacobs Ladder trails

( http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4484905&e=433334&s=25&size=l&u=1 ) and I'm sure I'll hike by this spot within the next few months. Anything I should expect to find there? And is there any way to report the results?