Ironman114 Update

IronMaiden

As some of you haven't heard my husband Ironman114 :(. Had a heart valve replaced and as a added surprise he needed a bypass. I'm hear to report that he is doing great and may get out of the hospital sometime in the next 2 days.

He has walked around the heart floor (2 laps) here at St. Peters in Olympia he's a bit slow now but with time he will be out running everyone.

Unfortunately he will be out for 12 weeks so no hiking until then :) . In the meantime he will be getting stronger for a snowshoe hike or something of that caliber. He'll be ready for the challenge.

I'm off now to see him and make sure he's behaving and not tormenting the nurses.

Seriously, the dude is made of iron. He was so talkative and energetic yesterday, I wanted to invite him to hike this weekend.

EDIT to add: Picture from the day after surgery:

d5833eb3-6403-41fa-8b4b-ebb6f52b873e.jpg

Great to hear Kevin is recovering so quickly, and great pic, Crim. I was hoping to get over to see him, but GW got in the way. We'll be hiking together again soon, I'm sure.

Just got word that he's going home today.

Apparently he started doing stomach crunches as he was coming out of the anstesia after his surgery, they had to knock him out and lash him to the bed. I suspect the lawn need mowing and the truck needs a tune-up, It'll be up to IronMaiden to keep him quiet.

Apparently he started doing stomach crunches as he was coming out of the anstesia after his surgery, they had to knock him out and lash him to the bed. I suspect the lawn need mowing and the truck needs a tune-up, It'll be up to IronMaiden to keep him quiet.

She has her work cut out for herself.

Speedy recovery my friend.

She has her work cut out for herself.

Speedy recovery my friend.

A major milestone for me today.

1 week after surgery I was able to walk up 1 flight of stairs! :lol::o:o

I took the stairs while IronMaiden was busy parking the truck. :blink:

Of course I was so tired that after getting some orders for lab work at the doctors office I took the elevator down, then rested in the truck for a half hour before going into the lab for bloodwork.

Hopefully maybe in a month I can do something with the Pokey Plodders. :lol:

We had dinner with IronMaiden and Ironman tonight. The last time I saw him was in the hospital after the surgery, and although he was tired, his spirits were up and he was ready to get back to being his normal self. Tonight he was looking fit and spry and seems like he's ready to get out and hike. He'll be out tomorrow with Landrover.

Good luck Kevin!

I would like to thank my wife IronMaiden and every one for their support.

86195937-3de7-4c37-837f-da965d4a0daf.jpg

I made it!!

Although there were no caches on this hike it was good to be out again (we did do a few on the way home).

13f14070-c518-4e24-946f-f1121e0e95bf.jpg

5,485 feet of sweet success. :D

12 miles round trip 9 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Three months ago just driving at this altitude hurt, now I can walk and talk at this altitude. I was told if I could hike and talk I wasn't overdoing it. :laughing: I'm sure the other cachers could verify I was doing well. :rolleyes:

13f14070-c518-4e24-946f-f1121e0e95bf.jpg

5,485 feet of sweet success. :D

12 miles round trip 9 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Three months ago just driving at this altitude hurt, now I can walk and talk at this altitude. I was told if I could hike and talk I wasn't overdoing it. :) I'm sure the other cachers could verify I was doing well. ;)

I will verify that Fe can certainly talk while he's hiking. B)