Benchmark gone (water tower)

Zoboomafoo

I've yet to log my first benchmark (very green newbie) find but there is one nearby that I visit at least every week when I trek to our local village hall.

The mark is NH1044 amd according to the info it's the metal ball at the apex of the roof of the water tower.

Here's the problem. This water tower was torn down earlier this year. Can I log this? Failing that, what should I do about this missing benchmark?

quote:
Originally posted by Zoboomafoo:

Here's the problem. This water tower was torn down earlier this year. Can I log this? Failing that, what should I do about this missing benchmark?

Sure you can log it. There's a catagory for it called "not found". icon_wink.gif

There's been some discussion about additional catagories (e.g. gone and/or likely gone) but for now "not found" is the only place to put it. That's the way it goes with benchmark hunting, you can't find them all. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Zoboomafoo:

Sure you can log it. There's a catagory for it called "not found". icon_wink.gif

There's been some discussion about additional catagories (e.g. gone and/or likely gone) but for now "not found" is the only place to put it. That's the way it goes with benchmark hunting, you can't find them all. icon_biggrin.gif

I can relate to your problem. I have been trying to log what I thought would be some "easy" benchmarks while away from home. I have failed to find 5 warer towers in the 100+ foot category and 2 radoi towers in the 200+ foot category. I guess that some of them are removed. Hey, keep on trying.