Change to Cache Pages

Has anyone else noticed that since GS went down yesterday for awhile that the large cache "location map" on the cache page is no longer "clickable" to expand to full screen and manipulate like a regular Google Maps page? Personally, I loved this feature! We usually don't even print out driving directions, but manipulate this map so that we can see where we need to go. The new one allows for some zooming in and out, but nothing like a real Google Map, and besides, it can't be separated from the rest of the page to be printed alone.

Any thoughts as to why this happened? :mad: Is there still a way to get the large map that I am missing?

Has anyone else noticed that since GS went down yesterday for awhile that the large cache "location map" on the cache page is no longer "clickable" to expand to full screen and manipulate like a regular Google Maps page? Personally, I loved this feature! We usually don't even print out driving directions, but manipulate this map so that we can see where we need to go. The new one allows for some zooming in and out, but nothing like a real Google Map, and besides, it can't be separated from the rest of the page to be printed alone.

Any thoughts as to why this happened? :mad: Is there still a way to get the large map that I am missing?

Yes. You can either click on the link to google maps just to the left of the large map, or you can click on the little green box on the map that's there and it'll give you the option to see nearby caches. I just found that out.

Any thoughts as to why this happened? :( Is there still a way to get the large map that I am missing?

Yes. You can either click on the link to google maps just to the left of the large map, or you can click on the little green box on the map that's there and it'll give you the option to see nearby caches. I just found that out.

We don't have either of these items showing on our cache pages! We are using Mozilla Firefox. Are you using a different browser? I wonder if the change they made isn't supported in Firefox?

Any thoughts as to why this happened? :( Is there still a way to get the large map that I am missing?

We don't have either of these items showing on our cache pages! We are using Mozilla Firefox. Are you using a different browser? I wonder if the change they made isn't supported in Firefox?

Okay, just realized that the "link" is the Google icon, but it still brings it up in the "Directions" page. However, since the left column can be hidden, I guess this isn't a big deal. Still wonder why they made the change, though! It was easier the way it used to be! (IMHO!)

I use Firefox. Just like the guy said.

Click on the little icon of the cache in the middle of the map. A pop up balloon will appear that will let you view nearby caches in a larger scalable Google map. This works in Firefox too.

Any thoughts as to why this happened? :) Is there still a way to get the large map that I am missing?

Click on the little icon of the cache in the middle of the map. A pop up balloon will appear that will let you view nearby caches in a larger scalable Google map. This works in Firefox too.

Ahhhh.... the old map! Thank you, thank you.... :(