Transfer data from Oregon 300 to Oregon 450

The best way to do this would be to upload the data from your 300 into BaseCamp and save over what you want to your 450.

If you don't want to use BaseCamp you should be able to copy over the gpx files in /Garmin/GPX to your 450 and that will load all the geocaches, waypoints and saved tracks you uploaded to the 300 (note this will not transfer over waypoints you created on the 300 itself).

To get everything you'll also need to copy /Garmin/GPX/Current/Current.gpx to /Garmin/GPX on your 450. This will make the current track log and all the waypoints you created on the 300 available on your 450. Similarly you may want to save the archived tracks in /Garmin/GPX/Archive on your 300.

I don't believe that there is a way to transfer found geocaches unless the geocaches are marked found in the gpx file you've uploaded. If you transfer the gpx file they'll show up as unfound on the new unit, but you can fix that by uploading a new gpx file with the found caches (if you want to see your found caches) or just filter them out of the gpx file if you don't want to see them.

GO$Rs

Don't forget that you can also transfer wirelessly between the two units.

Sure...one item at a time! :mad: That would be extremely time consuming even for a small number of items.

And geocaches transferred wirelessly are sent with only basic info (like that contained in a LOC file) so there will be no description, hint, logs on the target unit, only the name, size, difficulty, terrain and coordinates are sent.

And you can't transfer Wherigo cartridges (at least not on a Colorado...perhaps they added that feature on the Oregon, but I doubt it).

Don't forget that you can also transfer wirelessly between the two units.

Sure...one item at a time! :( That would be extremely time consuming even for a small number of items.

And geocaches transferred wirelessly are sent with only basic info (like that contained in a LOC file) so there will be no description, hint, logs on the target unit, only the name, size, difficulty, terrain and coordinates are sent.

And you can't transfer Wherigo cartridges (at least not on a Colorado...perhaps they added that feature on the Oregon, but I doubt it).

What idiots came up with the idea of wireless transfer for the Colorado and Oregon but made it so lame. You basically can't transfer the usual gpx file info? That is freaking ridiculous. Thanks for that wireless uselessness

Garmin. I have not used it with my oregons and I see that I will never need it. I guess it justified the over $600 price of the first oregons. :mad: