Introducing myself...

*knocks politely on door

*smiles shyly

Hi I'm Nicki, also known as Pippa's Crew - new here and new to geocaching. On the Isle of Wight. Finding it a great addition to walking the dog, and getting the kids out.

Found my first FTF this morning and was chuffed to bits!

Using my phone with basic gps on it to find stuff, and finding it working out well so far.

Welcome, Nicki, come in... browse around... make yourself comfortable. :mad:

There's lots of information and help around these forums, including a "World-wide" Getting Started forum, and sections for Travel Bugs and Geocoins which all have useful pinned topics at the top with "Frequently Asked Questions" listed.

This bit's where some of your (fairly) local, loveable, UK cachers drop in occasionally and there's also the Geocaching Association of GB site which has a forum and a database of Landowner Agreements for geocaching.

Well done on your first FTF, hope you'll continue to enjoy the fun!

MrsB

*knocks politely on door

*smiles shyly

Hi I'm Nicki, also known as Pippa's Crew - new here and new to geocaching. On the Isle of Wight. Finding it a great addition to walking the dog, and getting the kids out.

Using my phone with basic gps on it to find stuff, and finding it working out well so far.

Hi Nicki and welcome to the addiction :mad:

We looooove geocaching on your beautiful island – in fact my favourite ever cache was found on the IOW, near Ryde – I see you haven’t found it yet, it’s the Rope Swing Cache by duverfred. It took us to the nicest little beach where the kids played happily till the sun went down, ahhhh, happy memories ;) I can highly recommend that one, and also the cache up at the Needles Old Battery (you need to pay to get in there though, if you’re not a NT member)

Have fun!

Sarah & the rest of the Chaos Crew

It took us to the nicest little beach where the kids played happily till the sun went down, ahhhh, happy memories :mad: I can highly recommend that one, and also the cache up at the Needles Old Battery (you need to pay to get in there though, if you’re not a NT member)

Thanks Sarah ;)

There are lots of lovely beaches here! My children were off camping with the school near the rope swing one but we didn't have time to fit it in when I picked them up so we're saving it for another day. Go to the Battery from time to time too so will have a look!

It took us to the nicest little beach where the kids played happily till the sun went down, ahhhh, happy memories :mad: I can highly recommend that one, and also the cache up at the Needles Old Battery (you need to pay to get in there though, if you’re not a NT member)

Thanks Sarah :P

There are lots of lovely beaches here! My children were off camping with the school near the rope swing one but we didn't have time to fit it in when I picked them up so we're saving it for another day. Go to the Battery from time to time too so will have a look!

we were at the rope swing one just as the sun went down, and we were there for a good couple of hours and didn't see another soul - I think that's what made it so special. It was like having a private beach ;)

Hiya and welcome. I have only done a couple of caches on the island, when we were over there very quickly to do some work, it was literally, off the hovercraft, do the work and then do the nearest caches before getting the hovercraft back. We do intend to visit again though, this time with the motorhome and stay for longer.

:mad:

Welcome to the hobby :(

Hopefully I'll get a chance to cache on the IOW at some point, as I'm hoping to visit for a Morris dancing event some time next year.

You may be interested in the South East caching forums as well.

*knocks politely on door

*smiles shyly

Hi Nicki,

I'm also new to this. Can you tell me how you got all those lovely graphs and stats on your profile page? I don't seem to have any?

*knocks politely on door

*smiles shyly

Hi Nicki,

I'm also new to this. Can you tell me how you got all those lovely graphs and stats on your profile page? I don't seem to have any?

Welcome! :)

If you look at the bottom of the page it (usually) says who/what created the stats.

They are not part of Groundspeak, and are created from the MyFinds Pocket Query available to Premium Members.

GSAK is another way.