New style web page

I have recently found The Great War Memorial GCJ986. I checked out the web page and looked at the map, it has changed.

1) It does not show any other caches close by as I zoom out, just itself. I found the is the same on other caches. This feature was very useful when planning several cashes on a route.

2) On this particular one the cache initial location is shown on the wrong side of the road. I don't know what was like before these changes.

Anyone else noticed these problems

Regards

Peter

I have recently found The Great War Memorial GCJ986. I checked out the web page and looked at the map, it has changed.

1) It does not show any other caches close by as I zoom out, just itself. I found the is the same on other caches. This feature was very useful when planning several cashes on a route.

2) On this particular one the cache initial location is shown on the wrong side of the road. I don't know what was like before these changes.

Regards

Peter

I was sad when i noticed this too but someone told me to click on geocaching.com google maps.

(below listing)

Hey presto, it's the same as it used to be when clicking on the map :mad:

Regards

Peter

I was sad when i noticed this too but someone told me to click on geocaching.com google maps.

(below listing)

Hey presto, it's the same as it used to be when clicking on the map :mad:

No I have tried that and no caches are shown. In Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Regards

Peter

This changed back in June (the 2nd I believe). As FantasyRaider said click on the first link under the heading:

For online maps...

Which is to the right of the map on the cache page and you get the old map, which you can zoom and move around to your hearts content. ;)

I am lead to belive that caches do appear to be slightly out in google map view and this is deliberate? or maybe the coordinates of the cache are slight out? :mad:

I've just tried it on "The Great War Memorial" cache that Waspbuster mentions and it works fine for me (using Firefox) but it shows only the one cache (multi) right next to the London Road. To see more caches you need to zoom out 2 or 3 clicks and wait a few seconds for the caches to load.

MrsB

Just realised I have found this cache, you are correct the coordinates point to the wrong side of the A11, but as the memorial is 30 metres high its easy to spot. As it is a multi cache the coordinates seem to point to a possible parking location rather than the first stage of the cache. The A11 is very busy here so I would park on the left when driving towards Thetford as it might take you some time to cross the road!

Regards

Peter

This changed back in June (the 2nd I believe). As FantasyRaider said click on the first link under the heading:

For online maps...

Which is to the right of the map on the cache page and you get the old map, which you can zoom and move around to your hearts content. ;)

I am lead to belive that caches do appear to be slightly out in google map view and this is deliberate? or maybe the coordinates of the cache are slight out? :mad:

Now I have found what you are all saying.

1) Click on Other Conversions

2) On that page, click on geocaching.com google maps

Then you get to see the original style maps.

Many Thanks

The "Geocaching.com Google Map"s link in the "For On Line Maps" section (just above the logs on the Left Hand Side of the page) is working fine.

As Mrs B has stated, the area is not heavily saturated with caches, so you have to zoom out to see other caches. Wait whilst the map is repopulated [it's not instantaneous], 2 clicks out shows 2 other caches nearby.

Now if you have a look at a cache on the North Wales coast, and click on Geocaching.com Google Maps, the map will immediately display 20-50 caches ;) . A couple of levels out to where you get 3 or 4 caches. We get the too many to display message [the maximum is 500] :mad:

Deci

That will do it or look on the cache page,

below ADDITIONAL HINTS,

below FIND

and then the first option under FOR ONLINE MAPS.

which reads: Geocaching.com Google Map

The "Geocaching.com Google Map"s link in the "For On Line Maps" section (just above the logs on the Left Hand Side of the page) is working fine.

As Mrs B has stated, the area is not heavily saturated with caches, so you have to zoom out to see other caches. Wait whilst the map is repopulated [it's not instantaneous], 2 clicks out shows 2 other caches nearby.

Now if you have a look at a cache on the North Wales coast, and click on Geocaching.com Google Maps, the map will immediately display 20-50 caches ;) . A couple of levels out to where you get 3 or 4 caches. We get the too many to display message [the maximum is 500] :mad:

Deci

Many Thanks to everyone

Peter