Google Earth, saving waypoints?

I've used Google Earth quite a bit and have often loaded GPX files created with GSAK so that I can see the caches there. Now I find that I can do this and it all looks fine, but if I then save the "My Places" in Google Earth, close the app, and reopen it, although it still lists the waypoints, it no longer shows them on the display. I can't see any viewing option which has turned them off. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way of de-installing the Geocaching Google Earth app?

Is the little box to the left of them in the My Places tree ticked? I never have any problem with caches showing up and I use the GSAK macro to show a filter of caches on GE a lot. Much better than GPX files which I have found, always take ages to load in GE.

To uninstall the Geocaching app, I think you can just highlight it and press Del. Alternatively you can disable it by unticking the box, or you can set it to only load caches when you tell it to - not all the time. Rightclick it - Properties - Refresh Tab and change view based refresh to 'On Request'. To force a refresh, right click it and pick (surprisingly) 'Refresh'

Hope this helps

Edited by Just Roger

Is the little box to the left of them in the My Places tree ticked? I never have any problem with caches showing up and I use the GSAK macro to show a filter of caches on GE a lot. Much better than GPX files which I have found, always take ages to load in GE.

To uninstall the Geocaching app, I think you can just highlight it and press Del. Alternatively you can disable it by unticking the box, or you can set it to only load caches when you tell it to - not all the time. Rightclick it - Properties - Refresh Tab and change view based refresh to 'On Request'. To force a refresh, right click it and pick (surprisingly) 'Refresh'

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I do have the little box ticked, I click on the level above and get all cache entries ticked. If I delete them and load them in again I see them on the 'map', but save and come out and go back in and they are still listed but not showing up. I tried it on another computer and had exactly the same problem, so I'm obviously missing something!

One additional thing to check - Have you expanded the "time slider" bar usually in the upper left corner of the viewing window? I was having a hard time with seeing my tracklogs and that fixed it. It's a little annoying that you seem to need to drag it full right, THEN open the time range back to the left.

Also, maybe not related: for my "google earh circles" GSAK macro, I needed to change my 3d rendering in options to openGL to make it work in the latest GE revision.

One additional thing to check - Have you expanded the "time slider" bar usually in the upper left corner of the viewing window? I was having a hard time with seeing my tracklogs and that fixed it. It's a little annoying that you seem to need to drag it full right, THEN open the time range back to the left.

Also, maybe not related: for my "google earh circles" GSAK macro, I needed to change my 3d rendering in options to openGL to make it work in the latest GE revision.

I did wonder if it related to the time slider. The latest I seem to be able to drag it to is 20th June, despite the fact that the gpx file was dated and loaded just today. I suspect there must be a 'duh' about to happen but I don't see it yet!