100 Finds.

Congrats! I consider 100 a big milestone. I felt like I had "arrived" when I hit 100.

100 was a big one for me as well, but today i realize i wasn't anywhere close to grasping the whole thing even when i hit 1,000. and i probably still don't....

Are you doing paperless yet? That made a big difference in my GCing life....

Been paperless for a year. My main obstacle has been finding the time to get out there and look for them. I have been recently trying to get one a day. Hasn't been 1 a day, but its helped.

Congrads on your 100!

My kids and I hit 100 a few weeks ago. I thought WhooHooo!! Then my next thought.... am I still considered a newbie? Oh yes I still feel very new. I have a few very talented cache owners in my area that hide the damnest caches. I'm talking ropes and fishing line holding caches in trees. Micro caches hidden in knot holes of trees after hiking 3+ miles to get to GZ then hanging off a cliff to get the smiley. I'm talking the small little tube like caches large enough for a tightly rolled log. Oh and that particular one had Fire ants as cache home buddies. EVIL cache. But one of my favorites. ;) It is hotter than 14 Hells down here in the summer time. So my caching days have slowed down. But when fall comes around and brings with it temps in the upper 80s and less humidity we get right back to it. Next goal 1000!! Whoop whoop and hopefully at least one FTF (my fellow cachers are very competitive around these parts).

Happy Hunting for your next 100! :mad:

Congratulations! Don't shortchange yourself, 100 was a huge deal when I started. Back then, it was hard to find 100 caches on the site! A power trail was two caches in the same park.

Now if you'll excuse me, there are some kids I have to chase off my lawn.

Edited by Dinoprophet
Just excited, I made my 100th find today. I know not a big milestone, but I am working on it.
100 finds sure used to be a big milestone (and still is)! Congratulations!!

Of course, now you need 400 more for your next "real" milestone. :mad::P

We hit 100 recently too (just last week in fact), after over two years of trying, so it was a big deal for us, for sure

I’ll be celebrating again at 250, “real” milestone or not :)

Congrats to the OP! we chaotic cachers should stick together ;)

Just excited, I made my 100th find today. I know not a big milestone, but I am working on it.

yay!.... now you are finally legal to post in the forums! no more breaking forum rules!

only 900 more 'til you get to hide a cache.

:mad:

Humm, I see this once in a while and it baffles me. Needing 100 finds to post in forum, and 1000 finds before you can hide cache. However I have looked at the forum guidelines, and the geocaching listing requirements and guidelines, and cannot find anything anywhere that states that you must have 100 finds before you can post in the forum, and 1000 finds before you can place a cache. More over, I own a PM which gives you access to the off topic forum, but that would make no sense what so ever if I wasn't allowed to post until 100 finds.

So what is all this hoopla?

As far as I am concerned, every milestone is a "big milestone". Never say "only 100" or anything like that. Just so you know, I have found 200 an easier milestone to hit than 100. We are slowly working our way to 300 now. Keep at it!

Platinum member propaganda. Part of that left coast / right-click conspiracy. Just ignore it. It's all borke anyways. :mad:

Well that sort of thing is quite a bit annoying. Its all just basically saying, I am better then you so I can leave a cache etc. Not a very fair or nice thing any way.

I have had no intention of listening to that sort of dribble. I can read the guidelines and rules just fine. Was just wondering where and why I see this one in a while.

Not a very fair or nice thing any way.

its%20not%20fair.jpg

Hum, seems inappropriate seeing in how those made up rules are not in effect, meaning I do not have to abide by them and can ignore them like the rest of the geocaching world. It seems to me that the picture you have posted would represent you more because it would be you who would be crying that they should be the rules.

It effects me in no way. When I say "Not a very fair or nice thing any way." it is just a general statement about the imaginary rules. You can preach them all you like. But you will not see me trying to push an imaginary rule. As a matter of fact this sort of thing will fade out now because I don't think I will even think about it in the future when I see it.

EDIT: I feel this one is more appropriate...

its%20not%20fair.jpg

Edited by mchaos

Humm, I see this once in a while and it baffles me. Needing 100 finds to post in forum, and 1000 finds before you can hide cache. However I have looked at the forum guidelines, and the geocaching listing requirements and guidelines, and cannot find anything anywhere that states that you must have 100 finds before you can post in the forum, and 1000 finds before you can place a cache. More over, I own a PM which gives you access to the off topic forum, but that would make no sense what so ever if I wasn't allowed to post until 100 finds.

Dont worry about it. Dave Ulmer hid a cache before he ever found one, let alone 1000.

Not a very fair or nice thing any way.

Hum, seems inappropriate seeing in how those made up rules are not in effect, meaning I do not have to abide by them and can ignore them like the rest of the geocaching world. It seems to me that the picture you have posted would represent you more because it would be you who would be crying that they should be the rules.

It effects me in no way. When I say "Not a very fair or nice thing any way." it is just a general statement about the imaginary rules. You can preach them all you like. But you will not see me trying to push an imaginary rule. As a matter of fact this sort of thing will fade out now because I don't think I will even think about it in the future when I see it.

EDIT: I feel this one is more appropriate...

wow... you've succeeded in turning what was funny into the real deal.

you should be applauded twice... and probably get 10 free wings at hooters for your efforts. :mad:

100 is a big mile stone.

I was insanely happy to just get to 10 when we first started. 100 is a huge deal.

You found TEN when you first started?!? Wow! I only found one. :(

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: BulldogBlitz.

Hum, you don't say....

Did you check your sense of humor at the door, or what? Please don't take this stuff so dadgum seriously! There is more than a little bit of leg pulling going on here, and all you're doing is kicking the pullers. :(
Dont worry about it. Dave Ulmer hid a cache before he ever found one, let alone 1000.

Exactly. And see what happened? He buried it. He had food items in there. And it's now archived. See what happens when you don't have enough finds before you hide?

Relax, mchaos, the Bulldog is just kidding. I think.

Anyway, congrats to all those who reached 100 finds recently, and may your next 100 be at least as much fun!

Hum, you don't say....

Did you check your sense of humor at the door, or what? Please don't take this stuff so dadgum seriously! There is more than a little bit of leg pulling going on here, and all you're doing is kicking the pullers. :)

Though I was making a joke... He's not really on my ignore list, I was just playing :(

Exactly. And see what happened? He buried it. He had food items in there. And it's now archived. See what happens when you don't have enough finds before you hide?

Relax, mchaos, the Bulldog is just kidding. I think.

Anyway, congrats to all those who reached 100 finds recently, and may your next 100 be at least as much fun!

Who was his reviewer, anyway? Did he even read the guidelines first when he checked those boxes?

Hum, you don't say....

Did you check your sense of humor at the door, or what? Please don't take this stuff so dadgum seriously! There is more than a little bit of leg pulling going on here, and all you're doing is kicking the pullers. :)

Though I was making a joke... He's not really on my ignore list, I was just playing :(

Oops... sorry. Guess I checked my sense of humor at the door. I promise that I will dry to not be so dangum serious anymore, OK? :D

Of course, now you need 400 more for your next "real" milestone. :mad:;)

Or 900 more for the REAL 'real' milestone (LOL) :rolleyes:

Of course, now you need 400 more for your next "real" milestone. :mad:;)

Or 900 more for the REAL 'real' milestone (LOL) :rolleyes: