Dakota on sale or Oregon 200?

Ugh...Need to get a real GPS..the car dedicated nuvi is just no cutting it anymore. I have a eTrex Legend but gave up on it almost immediately for it's screen. I wear bifocals and find it very hard to read.

Looking at the Dakota 10 but EMS currently has the 20 on sale for $239! Not sure if going up a model is best. My biggest question is screen readability.....I have a PalmPre phone and that is great...how does that compare to the Dakota screens?

I went to three stores today hoping to see one in action..Not one place could get theirs powered up...

Where can you get an Oregon 200? Seem few and far between and I am wondering if this is no long offered by Garmin?

Too many choices, prices all over the place....All we want to do is day hike with the kids and take paperless geocaches with us.

Any suggestions?

just bought a oregon 300 and used it for the first time today caching, and i also wear bifocals and i had no problem reading the screen. you can Google it and find them all day but i bought mind on ebay. and i love. good luck..

CACHE ON!!!!!!!!!!! ICLIGHT0

...EMS currently has the 20 on sale for $239! Not sure if going up a model is best. My biggest question is screen readability.....I have a PalmPre phone and that is great...how does that compare to the Dakota screens?
The Dakota 20 is easier to read than the 200/300/400 Oregons out in the daylight. The 450 performs well, too. At $239, I'd jump on that Dakota 20. Even without the $50 rebate that was out a bit ago, that's a heck of a deal.
Oopss $249 but still a great deal and sold! :(

Took it out with the kid this afternoon and worked perfectly! Only wish we had done this ages ago..Paperless is the way to go!

If you haven't already updated the firmware, be sure to find the thread here that discusses that. Some of the more recent changes do wonders for satellite acquisition speed and error radius.