Camping & Caching in Scotland

We are planning to camp and cache in scotland for a week in August.

Before camping we will be staying with family in Helensburgh.

Camping wise we don't ask for much - we don't want a pool or a large site.

Cache wise we don't like very long walks (smallest one of us is only 3) but we like being taken to amazong places! We don't really want to tour around but find a base we can explore from.

Can't wait to hear your suggestions of caches and campsites.

Cache wise we don't like very long walks (smallest one of us is only 3) but we like being taken to amazong places! We don't really want to tour around but find a base we can explore from.

*mouse* and I will be up camping as well - but then, who won't be for the last week in July B)

I believe we're booked into a couple of proper sites for a couple of nights (after Breakfast on the Ben, and one of the Mega sites) but for the rest of the time we're taking advantage of Scotland's fantastic access laws and wild camping :)

I'd say make the most of it - the only other place we get to (legally) do this is Dartmoor :laughing:

Edited coz I got my months mixed up :laughing:

Edited by keehotee

*mouse* and I will be up camping as well - but then, who won't be for the last week in August B)

I believe we're booked into a couple of proper sites for a couple of nights (after Breakfast on the Ben, and one of the Mega sites) but for the rest of the time we're taking advantage of Scotland's fantastic access laws and wild camping :)

I'd say make the most of it - the only other place we get to (legally) do this is Dartmoor :laughing:

Cacher wise, not too many I suspect? :laughing: Unless they are going to the Angus Glens event. The last week of July may see a fair few cachers camping in Scotland though? :ph34r:

*mouse* and I will be up camping as well - but then, who won't be for the last week in August :laughing:

I believe we're booked into a couple of proper sites for a couple of nights (after Breakfast on the Ben, and one of the Mega sites) but for the rest of the time we're taking advantage of Scotland's fantastic access laws and wild camping :laughing:

I'd say make the most of it - the only other place we get to (legally) do this is Dartmoor :D

Cacher wise, not too many I suspect? :ph34r: Unless they are going to the Angus Glens event. The last week of July may see a fair few cachers camping in Scotland though? :D

whoops :)B)

*mouse* and I will be up camping as well - but then, who won't be for the last week in August :mad:

I believe we're booked into a couple of proper sites for a couple of nights (after Breakfast on the Ben, and one of the Mega sites) but for the rest of the time we're taking advantage of Scotland's fantastic access laws and wild camping ;)

I'd say make the most of it - the only other place we get to (legally) do this is Dartmoor :)

Cacher wise, not too many I suspect? :P Unless they are going to the Angus Glens event. The last week of July may see a fair few cachers camping in Scotland though? B)

We'll be in Aviemore at the end of August. We looked at doing the Glens event last year and realised that whilst it was only around 35 miles as the crow flies, it was 200 odd miles round trip!

Darn those Cairngorms in our way....

Talking of which, I am expecting new caches please. We've done a few around the Rothiemurcus estate and we could do with some more.

I did a tour of Scotland earlier this year, stayed at campsite near Dunvagen on Skye I would recommend, place did not do many caches but coral beach was a good one... Will summon up campsite if you are interested...

Would not reomend the campsite at Ballock (South of loch lomond), big and urg :mad: (but that's my taste). I have found a useful site the reviews are normally about right:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/

The Caches round Loch Ness are a good series and its well worth stopping at Urqhart Castle...

We did a tour rather than caching and stopped but plan to go back to Skye and visit the Hebridies one day..

Good luck with the weather and Midgies ;)

Scotish must dos: Haggis, Deep fried Pizza, Lourne (Square) sasuage, Scotish beers 70 & 80 shilling not forgetting the whisky :P