I'm going to Omaha this weekend

CanDMan47

I'll be in Omaha Friday and and Saturday (2nd and 3rd) and I'm looking for 2-4 good caches. My qualifications for "good" include:

• Natural beauty or historical sites
  • No special equipment or skills needed because I won't be bringing either.
  • Any type (traditonal, virutal, EC, multi) of cache is fine
  • I don't mind puzzles that are done in the field, but don't care for puzzles you do at home
  • I'll have about 2-3 hours each day for the hunt

I'm told the area I'll be staying is 147th and Q, but don't mind heading elsewhere.

I do want at least one of the caches to be an EarthCache as I work towards the Gold Level EC Master.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

I'll be in Omaha Friday and and Saturday (2nd and 3rd) and I'm looking for 2-4 good caches. My qualifications for "good" include:

• Natural beauty or historical sites
  • No special equipment or skills needed because I won't be bringing either.
  • Any type (traditonal, virutal, EC, multi) of cache is fine
  • I don't mind puzzles that are done in the field, but don't care for puzzles you do at home
  • I'll have about 2-3 hours each day for the hunt

I'm told the area I'll be staying is 147th and Q, but don't mind heading elsewhere.

I do want at least one of the caches to be an EarthCache as I work towards the Gold Level EC Master.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

147th & Q? GREAT area! If you are a walker/runner, I strongly suggest that you walk the area around Lake Zorinsky. There is a great bike trail that circles the lake, and many caches along it, of varying sizes and difficulties. I particularly recommend the "Hair of the Spider" and "Iron Lilac" multi. Both are great!

If you want to walk, but not as far, Check out Chalco Rec area / Lake Wehrspann. Another beautiful lake, bike trail, not as busy as Zorinsky, and loaded with caches.

Good earthcaches in the area - a City Separated is good; the Missouri, River of Hope & Change earthcache takes you out over the great new walking bridge over the Mo, between Nebraska and Iowa; Fort Lisa's Loess Bluffs is a good one, too!

Random suggested caches: Batteries not Included, Fork off Beach Road, Sodapop Mountain, Caspars Crypt - these are all over the metro Omaha area, I don't know how mobile you will be.

There's also a monthly breakfast event out in Ashland on Saturday at 9 am, about 20 miles west of Omaha along I-80 (mostly). It's called Breakfast at Salt Creek - good way to meet local cachers and get other suggestions!

Hope this helps. I'm sure I could spout off tons more caches if I think about it!

Thanks to you both. I'm not a fan of don't do front yard caches, or else I'd go for Oasis or Trap. My brother, who I am visiting here, says I'd like the Lake Zorinsky area. But he also says I really should do some downtown. So, my plan is to go downtown Friday morning and probably do several near the pedestrian bridge, including the EC you mentioned, and future baseball field. Then Saturday I'll do some of the Zorinsky ones before everyone else gets up, and they join me for a couple more. Again, thanks for taking the time to help me.

edited because I messed up the strike-through.

Edited by CanDMan47

Thanks to you both. I'm not a fan of don't do front yard caches, or else I'd go for Oasis or Trap. My brother, who I am visiting here, says I'd like the Lake Zorinsky area. But he also says I really should do some downtown. So, my plan is to go downtown Friday morning and probably do several near the pedestrian bridge, including the EC you mentioned, and future baseball field. Then Saturday I'll do some of the Zorinsky ones before everyone else gets up, and they join me for a couple more. Again, thanks for taking the time to help me.

edited because I messed up the strike-through.

Have fun! Don't forget DEET!