Feedback?

M.A.D. Cows

I like it.

I think only the minority of the caching community is represented in these forums. Most of which I think have too much influence

The first part, I agree with. But that second part had me spitting beer all over my keyboard. B):):laughing:

Alcohol Abuse!!!

It is true. Alcohol should be imbibed, not spewed. For that, I apologize.
I like it.

I think only the minority of the caching community is represented in these forums. Most of which I think have too much influence

The first part, I agree with. But that second part had me spitting beer all over my keyboard. B):):laughing:

Alcohol Abuse!!!

It is true. Alcohol should be imbibed, not spewed. For that, I apologize.

Well, ok. THIS time. I got my eye on you mister!

I like it.

I think only the minority of the caching community is represented in these forums. Most of which I think have too much influence and don't give Groundspeak the proper information for evolving.

There are a lot of people that get turned off by these forums and therefore don't visit. This feedback system gives these folks a voice without having to come into the GS forum.

The voting seems to be fairly well handled and hopefully the majority will be represented.

Take solace in knowing this:

The louder that they squeal, all the more proof the correctness of your position.

It isn't perfect, but its something.

Ah yes. The Groundspeak motto.

Not running for reviewer in the election this year are we?

TPTB are probably looking for a way to get feedback easily without having to read all the posts about bacon.

I love bacon.

A bit over 24 hours later and there are 24 pages of ideas. How are TPTB gonna keep up with all of that? B)

Who says they're going to read them all? :)

LOL

Is there an option for worship of the Blue Bow yet?

Cause... you know... there ought to be...

Also something about the occult hand would be nice, for old times sake.

*bows to the blue bow*

I like it. If you give it a bit of time and wander around a bit I can see where it might work for the community if the PTB go through and use the ideas. We shall see what we shall see.

It isn't perfect, but its something.

Ah yes. The Groundspeak motto.

Not running for reviewer in the election this year are we?

B) When have I EVER done anything to make anyone suspect that I might wish to be a reviewer? I wouldn't touch that job if it were paid! GS doesn't can't do enough for that group.

A bit over 24 hours later and there are 24 pages of ideas. How are TPTB gonna keep up with all of that? B)

Who says they're going to read them all? :)

Obviously they have the choice of reading just the ones the have the most "Like This" votes. Or they could think of it just like deciding which caches you are going to look for. Filter out all the ideas that have virtual or nano in the title and you eliminate 99% of the lame ideas and are left with ones where you can swap travel bugs. :laughing:

Which means that I have to read yet another forum.

Screw It, I'm going Geocacheing.

I like it. I like that TPTB are responding with the planned, not planned, under consideration tags. I think more people will see and use the feedback thingy than this forum. I also think it will cut down on all the repetitive threads in this forum.

I just wish the default was to NOT follow a subject, I got flooded with email updates before I saw how to turn them off.

:( When have I EVER done anything to make anyone suspect that I might wish to be a reviewer?

OH COME ON NOW!!! Any of us that have been here for any length of time knows that you just made a move for it by that very statement! How transparent can you get? Frankly, its a little embarrassing. Show a little humility why dontcha? :)

I like it. I like that TPTB are responding with the planned, not planned, under consideration tags. I think more people will see and use the feedback thingy than this forum. I also think it will cut down on all the repetitive threads in this forum.

I just wish the default was to NOT follow a subject, I got flooded with email updates before I saw how to turn them off.

I wish that disagreeing with an idea was as easy as agreeing with it. That and world peace.

:( When have I EVER done anything to make anyone suspect that I might wish to be a reviewer?

OH COME ON NOW!!! Any of us that have been here for any length of time knows that you just made a move for it by that very statement! How transparent can you get? Frankly, its a little embarrassing. Show a little humility why dontcha? :)

Could you define that word for me?

I wish that disagreeing with an idea was as easy as agreeing with it. That and world peace.

Too funny.

Thanks. :D:D:D

:lol: When have I EVER done anything to make anyone suspect that I might wish to be a reviewer?

a moderate degree of wetness especially of the atmosphere

Well, after my inital hatred of the feedback thing, I am encouraged that Jeremy is taking special interest. It would appear that this is his pet project to improve costomer satisfaction. He is posting in several threads with explenations as to why they will not do something, that they are working on something, or considering an idea etc.

Maybe this will actualy result in some updates that everyone likes (instead of the poor response recent updates have received).

:lol:

Anyhow. I still wish that both side got equal chance to have their opinion counted. Some of the ideas are rather entertaining. In a nonsensical sort of way.

I posted a "minimum number of hides before being allowed to find" suggestion, to poke fun at the 'Minimum numer of finds before being allowed to hide" crowd. Anyway, it must have dropped of the bottom prety quick.

Well, after my inital hatred of the feedback thing, I am encouraged that Jeremy is taking special interest. It would appear that this is his pet project to improve costomer satisfaction. He is posting in several threads with explenations as to why they will not do something, that they are working on something, or considering an idea etc.

Maybe this will actualy result in some updates that everyone likes (instead of the poor response recent updates have received).

Actually I think the company participation is only in a small percentage of the threads. Still, it seems like more than here. Only time will tell how much will come from it.

I tried to use the feedback tab today and it didn't work. I am a mac user and have Firefox as my browser. I was unable to see what I typed into the box and then when I clicked the box the whole thing vanished. Willing to be a beta tester for improving the mac user friendliness of this tab if someone wants to do something about it.

What I was trying to add feedback for was making the site more time zone aware. When I log a find online I can adjust the time to be accurate for Australian time that my find was actually made. (This is often the next day to what is showing on the website) BUT when logging the find from my iphone it automatically logs in in US? time zone and that means I often find things in the middle of the Aussie night!!!! Which is not accurate.

Perhaps though this is not the website but the iphone app. Yes I do have version 4

What I was trying to add feedback for was making the site more time zone aware. When I log a find online I can adjust the time to be accurate for Australian time that my find was actually made. (This is often the next day to what is showing on the website) BUT when logging the find from my iphone it automatically logs in in US? time zone and that means I often find things in the middle of the Aussie night!!!! Which is not accurate.

Perhaps though this is not the website but the iphone app. Yes I do have version 4

You should probably start a separate thread for that issue.

The Get Satisfaction is a great idea, but right now it is more like a forum. Your idea gets buried under everyone else personal opinion of what you posted. What they should do is have it where you post your idea, suggestion, bug and only the Lackeys can respond. Then you know you are being heard.

The Get Satisfaction is a great idea, but right now it is more like a forum. Your idea gets buried under everyone else personal opinion of what you posted. What they should do is have it where you post your idea, suggestion, bug and only the Lackeys can respond. Then you know you are being heard.

Some people would complain that Get Satisfaction is not enough like a forum and that it stiffles valuable discussion of ideas and problems. Often if some is having a problem with the site, other geocachers can help find the reason and provide a fix or a work around. Allowing only lackeys to respond, means people won't get solutions as fast. The same is often true for ideas. People sometimes propose ideas where there is already a solution and allowing the community to respond helps refine some ideas into something more useful.

I tend to agree that Get Satisfication is meant to encourage feedback and that too much discussion may make some feel they are being ignored by Groundspeak or that their ideas are being dismissed by a small number of participants who seem to to just want to argue against any change. The site could use some moderation tools where Groundspeak could close some ideas where the discussion has gone beyond the level where it is useful for a feedback site and redirect those who want to continue discussion to this forum which is better suited for that sort of thing. Closing a topic would not mean that Groundspeak is ignoring it. In fact, it would show they have acknowledged the topic and Groundspeak coulds still indicate their plans to implement it or not. People could still indicate that they agree with the idea or that they have the same problem. Those who don't agree with the idea or have some new solution that hasn't already been proposed could do so in the forum.