Feedback?

M.A.D. Cows

Thoughts?

1. The button is in the wrong place. It covers up content with my lower than normal resolution.

2. The form that it brings up gives me no clue if what I'm getting ready to report, hasn't already been reported dozens of times. It's my understanding this feature was designed to reduce redundancy in support requests/comments. By allowing me to report, before reading the current reports seems counter intuative.

I have been involved with online forums going back to the old dial-up BBS boards. By allowing me to post a new topic BEFORE giving me the opportunity to read current messages on the board goes against everything I have always believed in. I have always believed that I will be stronger by finding the answer on my own by researching the forum before posting.

3. Since I am now receiving mail from an additional third party, I had to create a new mail rule to get the replies sorted into the proper folder.

[edit for content and clarity]

Edited by Don_J
I like it :o
At this point, I do, too. One thing that I like about it is that its always there, so that if I have an idea because of what I am doing, the link is right there. Yeah, it could be an actual link, but since its in the border anyway, I find it pretty much a non-issue. Only time will tell, though, how much TPTB actually use the info the site can provide. But at the same time, it also provides US as end-users with the power to say, "Why hasn't issue/idea xxx" been implemented?" Its had more votes than anything else.
At this point, I do, too. One thing that I like about it is that its always there, so that if I have an idea because of what I am doing, the link is right there. Yeah, it could be an actual link, but since its in the border anyway, I find it pretty much a non-issue. Only time will tell, though, how much TPTB actually use the info the site can provide. But at the same time, it also provides US as end-users with the power to say, "Why hasn't issue/idea xxx" been implemented?" Its had more votes than anything else.

They have seldom listened before, why is this disorganized new forum going to be different? Am I missing something?

They have seldom listened before, why is this disorganized new forum going to be different? Am I missing something?

As I said, time will tell. But at least this does quantize the ideas somewhat, and it keeps them all in one place. It isn't perfect, but its something.

...at this point it looks like the same old wine, in a brand new bottle.

That being said, I have already 'liked' three ideas, and added a negative response to another.

When will we be seeing stats on how many topics we have 'liked'? I want to get in on the ground floor and 'like' as many topics as possible so I can be the most 'likable' cacher in the world! :o

I got yelled at by TPTB for being too negative on the last upgrade. I'm just trying to get some points back, OK? Work with me here. :o

You too, huh? :o

Yeah. I think that's the real reason for the "feedback" site. Years ago, they put up a suggestion box at work. It was a small wooden box, with a hinged and locked lid. As usual, it had a slot on top. It also had no bottom, and a garbage can placed strategically below it.

Yeah. I think that's the real reason for the "feedback" site. Years ago, they put up a suggestion box at work. It was a small wooden box, with a hinged and locked lid. As usual, it had a slot on top. It also had no bottom, and a garbage can placed strategically below it.

TPTB listen. They may pretend they don't listen, but they do listen.

TPTB listen. They may pretend they don't listen, but they do listen.

There is a subtle difference between hearing and listening.

How long has this feature been up? I only ask because it is already up to seven pages! Most of what I have looked at is the same old same old with the same lines of division. Gonna be awful hard to keep up with.

There is a bit of a land grab happening for the commonly requested ideas, like bringing back virtuals and family premium memberships. Once those ideas are in place I think keeping up with it will be manageable. There is also always a lot of chatter on release day.

It certainly can't be worse than what we have now, which is a list of forum threads that may or may not be duplicates and which only bubble up if enough people comment. Not everyone wants to comment on an idea but most people will click a little star icon to indicate their support.

How long has this feature been up? I only ask because it is already up to seven pages! Most of what I have looked at is the same old same old with the same lines of division. Gonna be awful hard to keep up with.

There is a bit of a land grab happening for the commonly requested ideas, like bringing back virtuals and family premium memberships. Once those ideas are in place I think keeping up with it will be manageable. There is also always a lot of chatter on release day.

It certainly can't be worse than what we have now, which is a list of forum threads that may or may not be duplicates and which only bubble up if enough people comment. Not everyone wants to comment on an idea but most people will click a little star icon to indicate their support.

I do hope you're right. It's SO hard to figure out what is in there and some of it, frankly, makes no sense. Not that I have anything against Frank.

I find your observation of "disorganized" to dead on. Maybe it's a master plan to make us more appreciative of our current forum.

I got yelled at by TPTB for being too negative on the last upgrade. I'm just trying to get some points back, OK? Work with me here. :o

You too, huh? :o

That kind of sounds like the story about the the two story outhouse. Of course. Management complained because they had to take the stairs.

[Grammar]

Edited by Don_J

What is has now is a place for each idea where Groundspeak can reply: Under Consideration, Planned, Not Planned, or Completed. And when a lackey does reply, they are clearly identified. So those who didn't think Groundspeak paid any attention to this forum will at least see if they are paying attention there or not. For now, the lackeys are looking at what gets posted. If they get bored it may turn into the same old same old.

I find it lacking the interaction we get here. I think there people will tend to post an idea and then just look to see how "popular" the request is. Since there is only a "Like" button, you don't really get feedback from people who may think the idea isn't so good. Usually here we can provide input as to other ways that may exist to accomplish the same task. Often people ask for enhancements because they don't realize the can do what they want to do already elsewhere. There are also the people who don't know the history that lead to the decisions Groundspeak has made in the past. I felt it useless to even try to post my explanation of why we can not longer place virtuals on that site. If its tl,nr here, I'm sure it would not be noticed there at all.

I like it.

I think only the minority of the caching community is represented in these forums. Most of which I think have too much influence and don't give Groundspeak the proper information for evolving.

There are a lot of people that get turned off by these forums and therefore don't visit. This feedback system gives these folks a voice without having to come into the GS forum.

The voting seems to be fairly well handled and hopefully the majority will be represented.

I like it.

I think only the minority of the caching community is represented in these forums. Most of which I think have too much influence and don't give Groundspeak the proper information for evolving.

There are a lot of people that get turned off by these forums and therefore don't visit. This feedback system gives these folks a voice without having to come into the GS forum.

The voting seems to be fairly well handled and hopefully the majority will be represented.

It isn't voting when your choices are agree with the idea or don't vote. If you are going to vote on ideas then dang it vote on the ideas.

I like it.

It isn't voting when your choices are agree with the idea or don't vote. If you are going to vote on ideas then dang it vote on the ideas.

It's just a matter of semantics.. but I think I made my point fairly clear.

I like it.

It's just a matter of semantics.. but I think I made my point fairly clear.

The majority won't be represented if the majority dislikes an idea. How many cachers are there? So a couple thousand of those like an idea. That still doesn't mean that the majority do. There could still be millions who hate it, yet there opinion isn't represented.

The majority won't be represented if the majority dislikes an idea. How many cachers are there? So a couple thousand of those like an idea. That still doesn't mean that the majority do. There could still be millions who hate it, yet there opinion isn't represented.

It's a better avenue than the forum. It will or should reach more cachers than the forum does. It's better than what we've had to date.

If you don't like an "idea" say for example virtuals why not create an "idea" for "Please don't allow virtuals".

I haven't seen anywhere that all the ideas have to be happy shining fluffy ones...?

Oh. I see. Vote for this idea here. ____________________________________________

___________________________________Or vote against by jumping through hoops here.

And it doesn't matter if it is for a positive or negative idea. But that may be the best solution for working with the crappy system with which we have been confronted.

Very few people use these forums. I wish you could check whether you like it or not. I also wish there was a way to change your mind about something. Maybe you can and I just can't find it. B):)

So the vast majority has no idea what has been discussed when they post, vote fore, or reply to an idea.

A bit over 24 hours later and there are 24 pages of ideas. How are TPTB gonna keep up with all of that? B)

Who says they're going to read them all? :laughing:

:) I was TRYING to give them a bit of the benefit of the doubt. The truth is I am thoroughly convinced that they won't pay any more attention there than they did here. That whole thing looks out of hand.

A bit over 24 hours later and there are 24 pages of ideas. How are TPTB gonna keep up with all of that? B)

Who says they're going to read them all? :)

Obviously they have the choice of reading just the ones the have the most "Like This" votes. Or they could think of it just like deciding which caches you are going to look for. Filter out all the ideas that have virtual or nano in the title and you eliminate 99% of the lame ideas and are left with ones where you can swap travel bugs. :laughing: