Garmin dragging their feet or................

mty55

Is Garmin dragging thier feet or do the have more goodies in the works for us Oregon and Dakota users. I've been using the latest software 3.82 beta for a month now and its seems to run flawless. It just seems like quite a while this time between the beta version and full upgrade. I won't complain too much, seems like they are going in the right direction. Maybe I'm being a little impatient.

Is Garmin dragging thier feet or do the have more goodies in the works for us Oregon and Dakota users. I've been using the latest software 3.82 beta for a month now and its seems to run flawless. It just seems like quite a while this time between the beta version and full upgrade. I won't complain too much, seems like they are going in the right direction. Maybe I'm being a little impatient.

It seems to me like over the past month or two Garmin has popped out some pretty significant upgrades, if anything their update rate for Oregons is higher than average now:

BirdsEye

WAAS fix

Cache filtering

They may be in a final "test and cleanup" phase before their next non-beta release and don't want to pop that out too early.

how you doing the cache filtering i cant find it.

First you must have your firmware updated that supports geocache filtering. Next, on your GPS, navigate to Geocahes>Quick Filter. Select the filter/s you want to use (Types, Size, Difficulty, Terrain, Status). Remove the check marks on caches you do not want to see. Backout one page, select Search and see your results.

how you doing the cache filtering i cant find it.

:mad: I saw it but it but it did not work worth a dadgum. Search for a geocache. It does not seem to exclude any.

works fine for me :( you're not running the GPX data through some app like GSAK which screws up the oregon's internal handling of cache parameters?

I ran the beta update and it asked for drive G then it said update complet so restart. No change info page says it's still 3.7. No cache filter, nothing different. What am I doing wrong? I'm running it in spanner mode. Is that significant?

Something's wrong here....your numbers don't make sense (to me anyway)...

The previous released version was 3.52 and the firmware was 4.46.

The beta is 3.61beta and the new firmware is 4.48....so they are not even up to "3.70" yet.

I'd try re-updating again. My 550 update went smoothly first time. Now says 3.61 Beta and 4.48.

Mine is set to Spanner mode also.

Did you use "Updater"? That won't work on betas....just download the update file and double click on it and it will go through the same type process as when you update to a released full version (with Updater).

Edited by Grasscatcher

Well this is confusing. I just got off the phone with Garmin support (good guy) and he walked me through the installing of update Oregon 550 Beta 3.61/4.48 issued June 29. Not 3.81 that was from June 4 shown on the Garmin homepage. I tried the 3.81 and nothing happened. (And you're right GC - webupdater doesn't catch beta's.) The tech guy said that 3.81 is not a working update and took me directly to the 550 support page The 3.61 update seems to work fine with some nice tweaks. Great write speed now - noticably faster. Cache filtering right onboard - works fine for me. Mind you, my queries are already filtered but it's a 'nice to have' thing. Now if they'd bring back the calendar record function a la Map 60 I'd be REALLY happy. And I'm pretty happy as it is. I'll be even happier when my rebate shows up.

Edited by arcs

Go back and double check and I think you'll find that the 3.8X update is for the older X00 Oregon series. The 3.52 to 3.61B update is the correct one for the X50 Oregons.

yes, the 3.82 beta is for the x00 oregons, not for the x50s.