Lowrance owners

Does anyone still use an Endura? After the last so called "upgrade", I thought everyone might send them back and buy a Garmin or something. As for myself, I just parked my Out and Back and went back to using my trusty old iFinder H20C. Other than the Endura map options (topo and aerials downloads) the iFinder runs circles around the Enduras. What follows is a few of the reasons why I went back to using my H20C: Longer battery life. More useful map display (MapCreate). Lots more trail options. Lots more data fields (including a DATE FIELD!). Waypoint averaging and waypoint projections.

I'll keep my Out and Back since I've made an investment in maps, but unless I'm bushwhacking a trail and need the topos, I'll be caching with my H20C.

I still carry mine for the very cool mapping and ability to carry lots of cache data - but I must admit - I carry it as a backup to my Colorado 300. There are still just enough anoyances that I don't want to carry it alone. I am still hopeful of a major software upgrade to get it back on track.

I have seen the O&B for as little as $159 in stores - so it is still a viable option for paperless Geocachers.

I love my out&back and see no need to upgrade. It has never let me down. I hunt, geocache, boat, hike and travel with this GPS.Nice maps, nice features, dependable, good battery life, and excellent customer service and support. All I need.

I'm happy you're satisfied with it. I guess I'm just spoiled. The iFinder has features which I am very fond of. Like being able to modify the style and color of my track line so I can tell it apart from other map features or from imported trails. Like being able to zoom way out and still see roads and road names. Like being able to check the date on my GPS as I prepare to sign a cache log. Like having a projection feature to do offset caches. A measuring tool on the map is also handy. This is a partial list.

A lot of people used to complain the older iFinders were too complicated, with menus scattered all over and had a steep learning curve. So much so that Lowrance even included a "simple/advanced" mode switch lol

Maybe now the Enduras were "dumbed down" a bit too far to try & appeal to more mainstream users? :mad: That was Lowrance's mistake if that is what they did..

I agree my old iFinder Pro was an amazing device when it was new. Very powerful, and a receiver so sensitive that I was getting position fixes while in my living room (LONG before Garmin/Magellan had a good enough receiver to do that too) Nobody here believed me at the time, they thought I was padding my bragging ;)

A lot of people used to complain the older iFinders were too complicated, with menus scattered all over and had a steep learning curve. So much so that Lowrance even included a "simple/advanced" mode switch lol

Maybe now the Enduras were "dumbed down" a bit too far to try & appeal to more mainstream users? :( That was Lowrance's mistake if that is what they did..

I agree my old iFinder Pro was an amazing device when it was new. Very powerful, and a receiver so sensitive that I was getting position fixes while in my living room (LONG before Garmin/Magellan had a good enough receiver to do that too) Nobody here believed me at the time, they thought I was padding my bragging :)

I agree. For me, the H20 emulator was a huge help. By the time my first iFinder arrived in the mail I was familiar with the features and had all my data fields set up.