Geocaching.com flashes one second then disappears

albuquerquebill

Something funny just started today. When I go to geocaching.com - either main page, my profile, etc. the page flashes for one or two seconds, then disappears, and then the blank page remains and keeps trying to load. But it never does - just keeps spinning its wheels. Refreshing the page does no good. Shutting down the computer and relaunching does not help. Any suggestions ?

Something funny just started today. When I go to geocaching.com - either main page, my profile, etc. the page flashes for one or two seconds, then disappears, and then the blank page remains and keeps trying to load. But it never does - just keeps spinning its wheels. Refreshing the page does no good. Shutting down the computer and relaunching does not help. Any suggestions ?
I have never seen anything like that before. But it would sure help if you posted some more information. What operating system, what browser, what, if anything, are you aware of that you changed recently?
I have never seen anything like that before. But it would sure help if you posted some more information. What operating system, what browser, what, if anything, are you aware of that you changed recently?

I have an HP Pavilion Celeron ® CPU 2.936 GHz with 504 MB of RAM. I have the problem using Firefox 3.6.6, but it seems to work find with IE8.0.6001. So it appears to be a browser problem. At least now with IE, I have been able to transfer my PQ to GSAK !! Thanks for your help.

I have an HP Pavilion Celeron ® CPU 2.936 GHz with 504 MB of RAM. I have the problem using Firefox 3.6.6, but it seems to work find with IE8.0.6001. So it appears to be a browser problem. At least now with IE, I have been able to transfer my PQ to GSAK !! Thanks for your help.

That narrows it down considerably! Are you running Firefox with any add-ons? Try disabling them one by one, starting with the most recently installed (or updated) if you can remember that.

That narrows it down considerably! Are you running Firefox with any add-ons? Try disabling them one by one, starting with the most recently installed (or updated) if you can remember that.

I uninstalled all the plug-ins and add-ons including the Google toolbar. Makes no difference ! I uninstalled Firefox and then downloaded it again - still have all the geocaching.com pages flash for a brief second and then start spinning their wheels again. All other web domains seem to be working normally. I am totally perplexed !

I have no trouble with the geocaching.com website using Google Chrome as a browser. Something very fishy is going on with Firefox !!