PN-60 review(s)

embra

Looks like Tim has a preview of the PN-60w/Spot combo up on his site. It doesn't sound like he's had a chance to dig too deeply just yet, but he seemed to have some positive impressions to convey.

We should start to see more now that the PN-60 is starting to get into users' hands.

Mine gets a faster lock than my -40. So far so good, Topo 9 is a little different but somewhat easer than 7 and 8. Everything was transfered over and I loaded maps. The -40 did not work so I used 8. CR is not updated yet so I just loaded the GPX file a dragged them over to topo 9.

Thanks

Looks like it has a lot of potential. I haven't seen a unit that really made me want to upgrade since I got the PN40. Some looked really good at first, but once I dug deeper I was disappointed (I include the PN40 in that, but didn't dig deep enough before it was purchased).

But if the PN60 is half as good as the hype, it will be on my Amazon.com wish list for sure. Birthday is coming up, so who knows.