New update overdue?

Eclectic Penguin

just spent about an hour and a half getting Wherigo working on 2 PDAs to introduce some new cachers to the concept. One was windows 6.1 and the other an iPaq 5550. It took almost as long to sort out updates either side of 2008, when time stood still as far as Wherigo is concerned.

I wonder though... it's been unsupported for 3 years... and having had such an awful time* developing 2 cartridges with the buggy and inconsistent development environment provided at the time with no further updates...

just wondering - as subject suggests - has Wherigo been abandoned by Groundspeak ?

* a buggy development that crashes and deletes the automatic backup...

just spent about an hour and a half getting Wherigo working on 2 PDAs to introduce some new cachers to the concept. One was windows 6.1 and the other an iPaq 5550. It took almost as long to sort out updates either side of 2008, when time stood still as far as Wherigo is concerned.

I wonder though... it's been unsupported for 3 years... and having had such an awful time* developing 2 cartridges with the buggy and inconsistent development environment provided at the time with no further updates...

just wondering - as subject suggests - has Wherigo been abandoned by Groundspeak ?

* a buggy development that crashes and deletes the automatic backup...

It's a bit quiet round here.....

it certainly seems that way. i asked the same thing before, and of course there never was any official statement from GS, and there probably won't be one now either. it's a shame really, i'd love to create some Wherigo cartridges myself, but this half-assed state of the whole concept is a big turn-off...