what's the easiest cache ever?

Pull up to the Walmart parking lot, park next to the lamp post, open the door a crack for my 5 year old to get out. Watch her lift the lamp post skirt and bring us the container!

Our first one was exactly like that and we thought it was so awesome and great- of course, we looked other places first - I thought it was so original! Now I think I'll throw up a little in my mouth if I find another one like that! HOWEVER: One time I lifted the lamp post skirt, and the find wasn't there - I was so happy! It was kinda a trick and I loved it! (it was on a fake face plate, magnetically attached to the lamp post)

My easiest to date was a nano of all things, somewhere in Delaware. I walked to the posted coordinates, sat down, dropped my arm and put my fingers on it within 2 seconds. For some reason nanos are usually hard for me to spot/locate, but I got very lucky with that one!

GCVHF6

A park & grab ammo can. Nice cache!

--Q

I forgot about it, but your post jogged my memory. Well, not too good, because I'm not quite sure what the container was, but I'm pretty sure it's a .50 cal ammo box. It was placed by an Army Recruiter in the alley behind his recruiting station. Then again, I just looked at the cache page for the first time in years, and there are some complaints about trash in the alley. And the recruiter hasn't logged in since 2007! I wonder if he's even there any more. But that's my nomination.

Humm, most LPH's and guard rail hides are pretty easy. Most I walk up to them with out gps in hand and make the snag. There have been a few where I stopped on my way to or from work, with out my gps at all knowing abouts where it is and making the find.

Pull up to the Walmart parking lot, park next to the lamp post, open the door a crack for my 5 year old to get out. Watch her lift the lamp post skirt and bring us the container!

Why open the door when you can just reach out and grab it? You do it the hard way! :grin:

I ignore LPC's (not entirely true, I can remember finding and logging one in a Town Park, and a leg of a multi on a college campus), but I hang around with tons of people who find everything. I pulled up really really close to a lamp post in a Target Parking lot once, and demanded my passenger log the cache without leaving the vehicle. Which he had no choice, really, seeing as the door was about 2" from the concrete base.

I ignore LPC's (not entirely true, I can remember finding and logging one in a Town Park, and a leg of a multi on a college campus), but I hang around with tons of people who find everything. I pulled up really really close to a lamp post in a Target Parking lot once, and demanded my passenger log the cache without leaving the vehicle. Which he had no choice, really, seeing as the door was about 2" from the concrete base.

Besides the fact that you will probably have a run in with the fuzz LPC's are good for caching at night.

I don't know about cache hide, but I know the easiest puzzle ever.

GC19JA2

Here is another easiest puzzle ever: GC16CJN

And it's companion cache (archived). The log for the cache was a large magnetic sheet with a log sheet attached stuck to the inside of the container. When I found it lots of people had left magnetic swag that was attached to the container next to the log.

I have two that would qualify.

Irondale Pit Stop is a 2' tall ammo can on my front porch that can easily be seen from the street. It's a TB Hotel so searching isn't the point.

The other is Gone Campin' which is on my lake property. It's 50 miles from town and down 7 miles of twisty dirt logging roads, but once you get to GZ it's an ammo can set in a clearing, visible from 40' away. I figured if you spent that much time to find the place there was no point then making you search for it!

We were on our way home from Texas and stopped in a tourist center in Oklahoma to stretch our legs. While I was talking with the lady on duty my wife was over browsing their books. The wife brought one of them over to show my and said "look they have a book on geocaching". The lady said "oh, we have one of them here" and went in the back room and brought out an ammo can. It don't get much easier then that, have one delivered to you while you're sipping on a cup of coffee.

My easiest to date was a nano of all things, somewhere in Delaware. I walked to the posted coordinates, sat down, dropped my arm and put my fingers on it within 2 seconds. For some reason nanos are usually hard for me to spot/locate, but I got very lucky with that one!

WHAT!?!?! I've always found nano's easier then bigger caches. That's odd.

I don't know about the easiest cache ever, but for me the easiest one was "30 Minutes Or Less" GCM496.

I drove up and as I was stepping out of my vehicle, a fellow walked up to me and asked if I was looking for that "Geocache thingie". I told him I was and he said it's right there, and pointed at it.

I suppose I should have told him he shouldn't be spoiling the fun of the hunt. However, he was obviously challenged, and was so proud of helping, I just thanked him and signed the log. :mad:

I don't know about the easiest cache ever, but for me the easiest one was "30 Minutes Or Less" GCM496.

I drove up and as I was stepping out of my vehicle, a fellow walked up to me and asked if I was looking for that "Geocache thingie". I told him I was and he said it's right there, and pointed at it.

I suppose I should have told him he shouldn't be spoiling the fun of the hunt. However, he was obviously challenged, and was so proud of helping, I just thanked him and signed the log. :mad:

Sometimes you just have to let people do what they can. It really didn't harm you or your fun for the day and it probably made his day.

Sometimes you just have to let people do what they can. It really didn't harm you or your fun for the day and it probably made his day.

ayep.

I suppose I should have told him he shouldn't be spoiling the fun of the hunt. However, he was obviously challenged, and was so proud of helping, I just thanked him and signed the log. :(

No it didn't harm me or my fun. Just the opposite, it made this cache one of my more memorable ones, and one I always will remember with a warm smile. :mad:

Amazingly, R.R. ~ 101.

Difficulty: 3.0

Terrain: 3.0

We've found that cache too; trust me, they get waaayy easier than that one. Just wait until you've got some LPCs and Guard Rail caches under your belt.

That's a great cache, by the way... nice choice for your first one!