Cub Scouts and geocaching

rbalancad

Hi All,

I am a den leader for Cub Scout pack 712 in Glen Burnie Maryland. My scouts are trying to compleate a requirement to earn a 100 year anniversary medal at a upcomming campout at Fort McHenry this October. One of the requierments is to attend a geocaching event, we would like to find an event to attend. If someone could help us out with this we would be very greatful. We are all new to geocaching, so if there is anything we need or have to do please let me know.

Thank,

Rommel

Actually on your profile page on the right hand side is a link to search for all of the newest in Maryland

The events are always at the top of the list as they are in the future and the list is sorted by date.

Looks like there are 2 coming up soon.

One in July on the 17th GC2AMGN Psychobob's Breakfast Bonanza

ANd Aug 14th GC2982H Maryland Geocaching Society Summer Picnic 2010

You could also host your own event and invite other Scouts to join in on the fun!

We are signed up for the Groundspeak weekly newsletter. The geocaching events are listed in it. They also show the newest caches in a 100 mile radius of your home coordinates (that you post online).

Is your den/Pack doing the Cache-to-Eagle patch, also? Happy Caching!

This is my first year in scouts my den consists of Tiger cubs 6-7 year olds, the youngest of them all. They have just graduated to the next rank (Wolf). This is the first time I'v heard of the patch, is it for the boy scouts? Thank you for the quick responce.

Not sure about cub scouts but the Boy Scouts are doing a Geocaching merit badge. Cub scouts would have a belt loop or a pin.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no award, pin or badge that Cubs can earn directly related to geocaching. They can take hikes, learn about nature, go on family outings, etc. while caching, though!