Night Caches...

I apologize in advance if there is another posting out there that answers this question, but I couldn't find it. I also looked on the Pennsylvania Game Commission website to no avail....

And if there are other postings that cover this topic, could you just point me in the right direction

My questions...

1. Are we allowed to place a night cache on PA state gamelands?

2. Are there "operating hours" for state gamelands in Pennsylvania like in some parks (dawn to dusk?)

I know there are caches on PA state gamelands that can be found during the day but haven't seen a night cache set up on gamelands in my area.

Edited by powerlineguy

I apologize in advance if there is another posting out there that answers this question, but I couldn't find it. I also looked on the Pennsylvania Game Commission website to no avail....

And if there are other postings that cover this topic, could you just point me in the right direction

My questions...

2. Are there "operating hours" for state gamelands in Pennsylvania like in some parks (dawn to dusk?)

I know there are caches on PA state gamelands that can be found during the day but haven't seen a night cache set up on gamelands in my area.

There are several night caches on PA Game Lands in this area.

My questions...

There are several night caches on PA Game Lands in this area.

Are they legal though? I know in NJ our game lands (known as WMAs) are closed from dusk to dawn.

Remember, that just because hunting may be allowed at night, the area may still be closed.

In most states, these types of areas do have set hours, BUT, hunting and fishing activities are allowed to happen outside of those hours, that's not an open door for other activities.

Having said that, I have no idea of this specific area or even the state of PA, just offering general advice that applies in most states.