Good Cache series locations

Hi all,

The wife wants to come with me next weekend caching and has said she wants to go somewhere like the manifold valley etc and do some caches that take in fields, paths and the odd village for a pub lunch/ cafe on the way.

I've had a look around but thought I'd ask some of you guys if you knew some nice walks. Are there any good series caches around that start and finish where we have parked. Shes been with me before and certainly doesn't mind doing a 10 mile walk. A good experience will hopefully cement her interest in caching so its not just me and my dog.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Whenever this request comes up I often start the ball rolling by suggesting having a look at the Follow the Arrow site - "Useful stuff".

There you'll see some bookmark lists by various cachers, including Purple Pineapple's bookmark list of Circular Walk Caches - You might find something suitable there.

Then, over on the GAGB forum, Maple Leaf has put a link to another site which is "work in progress" and it's looking good so far:

Geocache Trail map

MrsB :laughing:

I would like my data removed from the site without delay, or discussion.

Well you could try telepathy, but discussion works better ime.

afaict it was just a bunch of links to geocaching.com, delete it from there and it'll be gone.

But there was no data replicated that I could see.

Edited by needaxeo

"Does the site owner have the necessary permissions to replicate the cache data. I would like my data removed from the site without delay, or discussion."

Well if I had produced a cache series I would be proud to have my caches on this list... The caches I have made I want people to find :angry: ...

I do not understand the why's or what of this :rolleyes: , or is it just the because I can? :rolleyes:

Any info I put on here I put out to the caching community, if I did not want it in the public domain I would not put it on here :lol: ...

ICache went :anibad: , now a few more requests like this and I would not blame the person doing all this hard work for saying "Sod it" and abandoning the project :anibad: . Which would be another loss caching, particularly when you look at the present thread about the future of caching :anibad: .

Good caches need all the support they can get before they become a thing of the past!

I guess I can expect a flaming, hell it will not be the first and certainly will not be the last :anibad:

that trail map site looks good!

my kids like to do the occasional series, keeps them interested on a long walk if there is something to find every so often....

a useful addition to the trail info would be a split of the sizes of containers along the way - eg 8 caches total, of which 2 micro, 4 small, 2 regular. We wouldn't generally do one with too many micros...

The general idea seems to be great - As said - its only links to the cache pages that someone had taken the trouble to organise coherently. I'm only upset that my first set (Judith's Circular drive) is not included. I also noticed that the cacher requesting removal has archived all his caches anyway ! (whoops sorry, no discussion)

Geocache Trail map

MrsB :lol:

Does the site owner have the necessary permissions to replicate the cache data. I would like my data removed from the site without delay, or discussion.

I think I have an email template somewhere that a committee member from the GAGB created, give me a shout if you want a copy :lol::grin:

uk89's request may seem daft, but its daft requests like that forced Groundspeak into a corner which heavily contributed to the death of iCache.

I'm sure anyone running a site that displays details like that will deal with such a request in a professional manner and remove them.

The 'daft' requests you refer to stem from other issues as you well know. I will not go into details as we are all aware of them thanks to previous threads and they do not need resurrecting here.

My advise to anyone adding a trail to this site (if the caches are not their own) is to obtain permission from the owner as it is their intellectual property. I'm sure most of them will be glad of it anyway.

... they do not need resurrecting here.

Jury's out on that, but I reserve the right to recall :grin:

My advise to anyone adding a trail to this site (if the caches are not their own) is to obtain permission from the owner as it is their intellectual property. I'm sure most of them will be glad of it anyway.

Wise words, if the site owner is lurking it may be idea to restrict submissions from CO's only.

Hmm, let's think about this. If I said "Can anyone recommend a good book?" it would be, frankly, ludicrous for anyone to suggest that we need the permission of the author to mention the title of his books or to post a link to a place, say, amazon or a library, that had more details.

Edited by needaxeo

Geocache Trail map

MrsB :grin:

Does the site owner have the necessary permissions to replicate the cache data. I would like my data removed from the site without delay, or discussion.

It was me that asked for help at the top of the page for series cahes for me, the wife and my kids to find. I don't know about any history on here as to previous arguments etc, but as a newbie I can't understand why anyone would want there series removing from this link. Surely the more information spread like this only goes to reinforce my newfound hobby and strengthen in general the sport of geocaching.

But like I say I'm a newbie and what do I know.

I think I have an email template somewhere that a committee member from the GAGB created, give me a shout if you want a copy :lol::grin:

uk89's request may seem daft, but its daft requests like that forced Groundspeak into a corner which heavily contributed to the death of iCache.

Yawn.................... :lol:

Edited by RuberyBlue

Geocache Trail map

MrsB :grin:

It was me that asked for help at the top of the page for series cahes for me, the wife and my kids to find. I don't know about any history on here as to previous arguments etc, but as a newbie I can't understand why anyone would want there series removing from this link. Surely the more information spread like this only goes to reinforce my newfound hobby and strengthen in general the sport of geocaching.

But like I say I'm a newbie and what do I know.

What does it matter if somebody is putting a list of cache trails together?

It saves time trawling through the map on the caching page dont you think.

Just because Icache got closed down that was full off stats not good trails and how long they are and what amout of caches are on the trail.

People moaning about Icache just get over it and move on it's gone so What.

If you dont like your trails on here why not just Archive them as you obviously dont want them being found then.

"My advise to anyone adding a trail to this site (if the caches are not their own) is to obtain permission from the owner as it is their intellectual property."

Now that did make me smile :lol: if the "intellectual property" in my caches was valued that highly I would want to be paid for setting them :grin: and charge to find them :lol:

It must make these people and there caches so "special" :lol:

I will be returning from the Red Sea in the next few days so feel free to flame I will enjoy the warmth :lol:

Sorry folks, this is degenerating into the In's and Outs of what happened over icache. As there are already topics in this forum discussing that. Please take your discussions to that topic. Alternativly take your discussions to a new topic

This Topic was specifically started to gather information on to quote the OP

somewhere like the manifold valley etc and do some caches that take in fields, paths and the odd village for a pub lunch/ cafe on the way.

As he's trying to encourage his spouse to become more of a active Geocacher. If you haven't got any useful suggestions for him. Please stop crowding his topic with angst. Lets see if we can bring someone else into the fold as a addict :grin:

Thank You in advance

Deceangi Volunteer UK Reviewer

Hi all,

The wife wants to come with me next weekend caching and has said she wants to go somewhere like the manifold valley etc and do some caches that take in fields, paths and the odd village for a pub lunch/ cafe on the way.

I've had a look around but thought I'd ask some of you guys if you knew some nice walks. Are there any good series caches around that start and finish where we have parked. Shes been with me before and certainly doesn't mind doing a 10 mile walk. A good experience will hopefully cement her interest in caching so its not just me and my dog.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Do you mean the Manifold valley in the Peak District? If so I've just looked on geocaching google maps and there seem to be some series of caches in Middleton-by-Youlgreave (GC11GTW) and Alsop-en-le-Dale (GC1W7V5). It might be worth checking to see if these have pubs near them, I'd think they would have as they are near villages.

Hope your wife gets the geocaching bug :grin:

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll check them out now mate.

I myself am now addicted to this great sport after finding it by accident trawling through Iphone apps. I in my short period have found 57 caches, have upgraded to a premium account and also a garmin gps60csx.

The sport has given me a new avenue to follow after suffering massive injuries in my last sport. I was looking for something that kept me fit and mentally interested and this seems to fit the bill so far. It allows me to spend more time with my family also whereas my last sport didn't. Its great and seems to tick all the boxes. Obviously with all forums there always seems to be some politics but I cant understand why someone wouldn't want there caches listing. I mean why bother planting them in the first place.

Thanks again Dave and MrsB for your help.

Appreciated.

Lee

Thanks Dave,

I'll check them out now mate.

I myself am now addicted to this great sport after finding it by accident trawling through Iphone apps. I in my short period have found 57 caches, have upgraded to a premium account and also a garmin gps60csx.

The sport has given me a new avenue to follow after suffering massive injuries in my last sport. I was looking for something that kept me fit and mentally interested and this seems to fit the bill so far. It allows me to spend more time with my family also whereas my last sport didn't. Its great and seems to tick all the boxes. Obviously with all forums there always seems to be some politics but I cant understand why someone wouldn't want there caches listing. I mean why bother planting them in the first place.

Thanks again Dave and MrsB for your help.

Appreciated.

Lee

If you think caching is an injury-free activity, you'll have to think again! :o

Nettle stings I can cope with. :o

... but can you cope with psychological trauma? The sort that occurs when you log a DNF on a cache and then the next 4 logs that appear all say variations of, "Really easy find. My one-eyed chihuahua found it in less than a minute."

MrsB

I think I need to get myself one of those one-eyed chihuahuas....