Dissappointed in cachers

cz-5

We have a blast finding any of them. Most pathetic thing IMO is business cards. I take them all and keep them to remind me who NOT to deal with.

I try to leave items for children that is not crap. I live in area with lots of streams, lakes and creeks full of trout. Most young children go crazy over hooks, sinkers, spinner baits and such. We get the small key chain lights that cost .99-$1.99. When I have them I leave Kennedy half dollars and hope the adults will leave them for the children. This spring I will have certificates for baby chicks and farm fresh eggs. I don't sell them so I'm not boosting my business.

We seldom take anything even if we have our grandsons with us. Even they think the toys that most leave are not worth messing with. They realize at age 7 and 9 that it is just fun finding them. They have even offered up their personal toys that are in good condition.

As for having money, I don't have much. I have worked about 14 months of the last 3.5 years and can't get unemployment. I'm in construction and it really sucks in north Idaho now.

I'm just happy to be alive and able to get out and enjoy the things I like. Geocashing has become a great one. I have a friend that isn't as fortunate as he will be going to me the lord shortly. Made me rethink a lot of things.

Have a great geocashing experience!

Ted

Edited by GeoJeep'n

Am I the only adult cacher that enjoys looking at swag? People keep talking about it like the contents of the caches are just for the children. Well, I don't have children and I cache alone, and I really look forward to seeing what's inside. So far I have been disappointed because what I have found has been mostly trash. The allure of geocaching for me is not only the experience of getting outdoors and hunting for the cache. It's the feeling of opening a secret container and revealing its mystery. That's sort of spoiled when its a piece of wax paper that used to have stickers on it, a crumpled up receipt from a fast food restaurant, a small stick from the site, and a penny. People keep saying that it's magical stuff to children, but as far as I can determine, children aren't the only ones geocaching out there. To me this sounds like an excuse to trade down/be inconsiderate to others. In order to keep this game as good as it can be for everyone, trading up or taking nothing has to happen. And it's not about monetary value! At all. It's about whether that object is useful, interesting, creative, attractive, distinctive, educational, funny, or *something* that appeals to people who have moved past the 2nd grade. (Nothing against kids but I'm getting tired of seeing this argument.)

If you're geocaching for the swag, might I suggest another pastime called shopping.

That's just rude for rudeness' sake.

Clearly I am not only in it for the swag. But I guess I'm expecting too much from people, who seem to think this hobby is about littering in tupperware.

Might be rude, but it's true. There are people who care only about the swag. If that's you, then there are other ways to get cheap toys. Shopping, or even buying a happy meal. At least then you don't have to look for those darn hidden containers. At least with a happy meal you get so,ethnic to eat as well.

If it's truly not about the swag then it won't matter what is or is not in the cache. I personally don't trade, and I top like looking at the swag, but I don't complain when it's not what I want. After all if I'm not taking it, why should it matter,

It's a fact (sure a sad fact) that swag will get worse over time. The most common culprit....kids. Kids don't have the best handle on value and equality.

Well...even the nicest swag will be nasty junk if it sits in a cache long enough. I've run across numerous old caches that seldom get visited and the swag inside is stuff I'd never let my kid bring home. Time, cheap materials, moisture, heat and darkness all contribute to the degradation of the contents. I once found a cache with a new-in-the-wrapper T-shirt inside and it smelled so horrendous I actually pulled it out and tossed it in the garbage on the way back to the car. Any toy cars or figurines I find and my kids decide to trade for end up getting thoroughly washed at home before they can play with them. It's gotten so I almost prefer to find a cache with nothing but a log inside. Unless it's a trackable, I won't bother pulling anything out if I'm on my own.

If you're geocaching for the swag, might I suggest another pastime called shopping.

Clearly I am not only in it for the swag. But I guess I'm expecting too much from people, who seem to think this hobby is about littering in tupperware.

Might be rude, but it's true. There are people who care only about the swag. If that's you, then there are other ways to get cheap toys. Shopping, or even buying a happy meal. At least then you don't have to look for those darn hidden containers. At least with a happy meal you get so,ethnic to eat as well.

If it's truly not about the swag then it won't matter what is or is not in the cache. I personally don't trade, and I top like looking at the swag, but I don't complain when it's not what I want. After all if I'm not taking it, why should it matter,

Seriously? Why are you people being so obnoxious? I am losing faith in the geocaching "community" pretty quickly. I thought this would be a way different experience but I guess I shouldn't be surprised! Did you even read what I wrote? I described my reasons for being disappointed. They are valid. I'm not interested in collecting toys. I like the experience of discovering an interesting object left with intentionality and with an aim to make it a fun discovery for anyone, not just a small child. That is a completely valid POV and it's just sad to me that this forum is populated by comments of this nature, which are so unwelcoming. Because I actually care about the container and the experience of opening it, then clearly I'm not meant for this hobby, and should go shopping? Wow. Just... wow.

Maybe it's because she's Canadian :unsure:

I did check and see that your one cache is a micro. Generally the comment would be to hide the kind of cache you like to find. If you like swag then hide a container that can hold swag.

But I'll refrain from making a judgment here. In an urban area you may have to accept that larger containers are much more likely to go missing than a micro. There are going to be fewer opportunities to find caches with swag, because hiders of caches know that a small or micro size is all that can be hidden.

If the area allows for a larger cache to be hidden, there has always been the problem with swag degrading. This has often been compared to Garrett Hardin's Tragedy of the Commons. Hardin was an early ecologist who wrote a paper that said people will behave in their self-interest even though they know this is not in the best interest of the community as a whole. It is epitomized in the "rule" that "If you take something from the geocache, leave something of equal or greater value." People can't be force to trade up like this. The tragedy of commons is that people will take things without trading or will trade a less valuable item for something they see in a cache.

Some people will carry a supply of swag and try to replace worthless items in a cache with some nice things. It is the tragedy of the commons that these will be in the minority.

Edited by tozainamboku

Seriously? Why are you people being so obnoxious? I am losing faith in the geocaching "community" pretty quickly. I thought this would be a way different experience but I guess I shouldn't be surprised! Did you even read what I wrote? I described my reasons for being disappointed. They are valid. I'm not interested in collecting toys. I like the experience of discovering an interesting object left with intentionality and with an aim to make it a fun discovery for anyone, not just a small child. That is a completely valid POV and it's just sad to me that this forum is populated by comments of this nature, which are so unwelcoming. Because I actually care about the container and the experience of opening it, then clearly I'm not meant for this hobby, and should go shopping? Wow. Just... wow.

I don't know how anyone can defend people leaving receipts, rocks, and garbage in a cache, but those people that left that stuff are certainly out there. Not much sense in placing ammo boxes anymore with the current mindset.

Maybe it's because she's Canadian :unsure:

I did check and see that your one cache is a micro. Generally the comment would be to hide the kind of cache you like to find. If you like swag then hide a container that can hold swag.

But I'll refrain from making a judgment here. In an urban area you may have to accept that larger containers are much more likely to go missing than a micro. There are going to be fewer opportunities to find caches with swag, because hiders of caches know that a small or micro size is all that can be hidden.

If the area allows for a larger cache to be hidden, there has always been the problem with swag degrading. This has often been compared to Garrett Hardin's Tragedy of the Commons. Hardin was an early ecologist who wrote a paper that said people will behave in their self-interest even though they know this is not in the best interest of the community as a whole. It is epitomized in the "rule" that "If you take something from the geocache, leave something of equal or greater value." People can't be force to trade up like this. The tragedy of commons is that people will take things without trading or will trade a less valuable item for something they see in a cache.

Some people will carry a supply of swag and try to replace worthless items in a cache with some nice things. It is the tragedy of the commons that these will be in the minority.

I surely don't have a problem with disagreeing, but I do have a problem with unfriendly attitudes. At least your post is thoughtful, which I appreciate.

My first cache is very small, yes. It's me dipping my toe in the water to see how it goes. I chose a historic site that is worthy of visiting (it already has a favorite point even though it's a new hide.) The container is small (a key hider) but I decorated it and the log book was designed by me personally (I am a graphic designer) so that it is in theme with the location. I also included a small toy mouse because that's my signature item. It's not just a nano with a log, which I do find boring, but even those I appreciate because in urban areas that's often the best option and it's nice to have somewhere to start. My first find was a nano in a signpost and I thought it was the coolest thing ever because it was my first find.

My issue isn't whether it's a big box or a small one, or whether there is swag for me to "shop". My issue is with other cachers robbing people of the fun experience of opening a cache and discovering what's inside. I really enjoy that part and I can't be the only adult who does. So far I have taken two small plastic toy animals out of 23 caches, but left more than a dozen similar objects of interest, all new small toys of various sorts, done lots of cleaning up and wiping down and adding log papers and plastic bags, picking up litter near GZ, all the usual stuff a good cacher should do. I care. I think this is a fantastic and wonderful hobby, and I want the people who come after me to have a great time too. But if the experience becomes always cleaning up after other people who don't care, then it starts to feel like janitorial work, and the sense of magic, IMHO, is diminished greatly. That's all I'm saying here.

Your opinion is valid? So does that make ours not?

You care about the container and opening it? To me that seems like you having a good time is based on the container and the contents. If that works for you then so be it- but it's kinda like building models or doing puzzles for the end result. Most people do those things because they like the process of building the model, or putting the puzzle together. And likewise here, a lot of people like going geocaching to look for the cache. The adventure. Hiking 3 days each way on a mountain, or finding the amazing hidden in plain sight camo'd cache. Going to a place in the city, you've never been before. I don't care what's in it. No I don't like it when people leave trash, but if I wanted to look at cool stuff I'd look at fool stuff, I can do that on my computer. This is a hobby not a career. It's about having fun the while way through, not the end result. If it's just about the end result for you, think about why you are doing it. Think about what you want from geocaching, and ask yourself is there a better, more effecient way to get what you want? Yes? Then why are you geocaching? Perhaps you'll realize it really isn't about the end result....

You care about the container and opening it? To me that seems like you having a good time is based on the container and the contents. If that works for you then so be it- but it's kinda like building models or doing puzzles for the end result. Most people do those things because they like the process of building the model, or putting the puzzle together. And likewise here, a lot of people like going geocaching to look for the cache. The adventure. Hiking 3 days each way on a mountain, or finding the amazing hidden in plain sight camo'd cache. Going to a place in the city, you've never been before. I don't care what's in it. No I don't like it when people leave trash, but if I wanted to look at cool stuff I'd look at fool stuff, I can do that on my computer. This is a hobby not a career. It's about having fun the while way through, not the end result. If it's just about the end result for you, think about why you are doing it. Think about what you want from geocaching, and ask yourself is there a better, more effecient way to get what you want? Yes? Then why are you geocaching? Perhaps you'll realize it really isn't about the end result....

I NEVER SAID THAT. READ WHAT I WROTE. I SAID IT IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE EXPERIENCE. YES I AM INTERNET SHOUTING. BECAUSE I AM DONE WITH THE FORUMS. JUST DONE.

I NEVER SAID THAT. READ WHAT I WROTE. I SAID IT IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE EXPERIENCE. YES I AM INTERNET SHOUTING. BECAUSE I AM DONE WITH THE FORUMS. JUST DONE.

I never understood the point of actually going to the trouble of telling everyone you are done and won't participate anymore. One can choose to walk away from a discussion at any time without announcing it.

I honestly don't believe the contents are automatically an "important part of the experience". Perhaps one might occasionally see a nice item inside...something someone made, some special trinket that adds to the experience...but one should never expect it. As you've demonstrated, it only leads to disappointment.

Edited by J Grouchy

Stop taking everything so personal.

The issue you brought up in resurrecting a four year-old thread, it just that - an issue that goes back to the beginnings of geocaching. In another thread (there seem to be several going on at this time) someone pointed out that Dave Ulmer listed the swag he left in his first geocache and complained that that now people are hiding caches with no swag.

The swag idea of Dave's was probably pretty cool at the time. In addition to the main experiment of whehter one could find a hidden containter with just GPS coordinates, there was another experiment of what things people would trade for items in the cache.

The GPS experiment worked far better than expected. Millions of caches have been found tens of millions of time over. You definitely can find a cache given only the GPS coordinates. But the trade experiment essentially failed. First the items left in a cache seem to always degrade, second only a small number of people even care to trade. Sure this is a way for kids to get excited about finding a cache. WIGAS (Woohoo! I got another smiley) doesn't cut it with a small kid. A free toy or trinket is more exciting. And certainly there are adults who like to trade signature items, move travel bugs, or just see what things people leave. If their expectations are realistic they can do this; but many will get bored or frustrated because they see the same junk over and over. In much the same way, having expetacations that people will agree with you on a discussiont forum can leave you disappointed.

Narcissa was a being a bit straight forward suggesting that if you want to see something worth trading for you'd be happier shopping. You chose to take it an insult. Others have simply chimed in to confirm that as geocachers with many years of experience we know that it is unrealistic to expect to find great swag in a cache or to expect that everyone is going to trade up. You will either come around to accept that geocaching is what it is or you will go and find another activity tha that you can enjoy more - whether shopping or something else.

Opening a decent sized cache, knowing there was a possiblity that there could be treasure inside, was a big part of the fun for me some 12 plus years back. Back then, the odds were better that you'd find a cache with good swag. Unfortunately, it's not like this anymore.

There are just too many microcaches hidden these days and even when you do come across a larger cache, you quickly discover that it contains mostly junk. It's a sad fact, even if the cache had started out with good stuff, that good stuff dwindled quickly because most people traded down or took something but didn't leave anything.

What can we do,,, I know it's fun thinking there could be treasure to be had but try not to concentrate too much on this. Figure out what else you like about caching and take off from there. For me, i try to find caches that are challenging, creative, and/or are placed in interesting places. I don't cache nearly as much as i used to but at least when i do, i have a good time because i'm going for the ones i think will be fun to me. It's still a bit disappointing coming across caches holding nothing but trash,,, just gotta shrug that off off when i do.

I disagree... the cheapest people I know are Government workers. I have seen two Government guys (who combined make close or over 250k a year) order and share a two slice of pizza combo and a drink (yes they shared the drink) and no they are not married, just cheap.

I just starting Geocaching but I do agree, I have seen some cheap/broken/useless items in the caches. I was always taught to leave an area better off then I found it so I have adopted that same idea with my caching fun. I hardly ever take nothing and leave nothing (unless its a TB hotel or too small). If anything I take nothing but I always leave something (yeah and all the stuff I leave is new and something I actually bought).

Grant it, its not expensive stuff but its not junk either.

If anything it will teach my kids the same lessons I learned, leave a place better off then you found it...

I disagree... the cheapest people I know are Government workers. I have seen two Government guys (who combined make close or over 250k a year) order and share a two slice of pizza combo and a drink (yes they shared the drink) and no they are not married, just cheap.

The cheapest people I know are really old men. They all think that a hamburger should still be $.25 each. There used to be a group of them that would hang out and go eat lunch with my grandfather every Thursday at noon. They were all millionaires in net worth but were extremely stingy (and generally bitter). I was poor and still in college and would cover the meager tips they would leave (If you could call it a tip, I mainly did it because I was so embarrassed by their stinginess). They all would go to Mc Donalds every morning to buy the cheapest coffee they could find, and then complain about the high cost of everything.

I try to leave a cache better than I found it when it comes to SWAG. Clean out the dirt or water, take dangerous objects (like live ammo, matches, etc.), take slimy garbage, and leave nice things. Usually items I leave are individually wrapped, so that they can survive the grime of the world and still come through unscathed. I remember the early days when you could find a camera (non-digital, but nice automatic) with film, movie ticket vouchers, nice headlamps, even had someone leave a GPS in one of my more challenging caches.

Best thing for cache owners to do is to start off by filling their caches with used McToys, then you won't be disappointed when you go to do maintenance. This is what I do.

I don't see that as cheap. Maybe they just weren't that hungry. I do agree that sharing the drink is kind of gross.

I just starting Geocaching but I do agree, I have seen some cheap/broken/useless items in the caches. I was always taught to leave an area better off then I found it so I have adopted that same idea with my caching fun. I hardly ever take nothing and leave nothing (unless its a TB hotel or too small). If anything I take nothing but I always leave something (yeah and all the stuff I leave is new and something I actually bought).

If anything it will teach my kids the same lessons I learned, leave a place better off then you found it...

The cheapest people I know are from Maryland. But wait; I shouldn't generalize. Anyone who has placed caches learns real quick that the swag quality will go down hill. I don't currently have any hides since I moved, but when I did, I always kept the swag nice. That means making the rounds to your hides every now and then to exchange the trashy swag with nicer stuff from my swag bag. I try to keep it nice for the kids.

The cheapest people I know are from Maryland.

How about an old male government worker that lives in Maryland? I know a few but they don't seem to me to be especially cheap. What I have seen regarding government workers is that they're very conscious about not giving the appearance that they are being extravagant (that goes for U.N. workers as well) lest they be criticized for wasting tax payer dollars.

I think that the OP joined the game about 7-8 years too late. Over the past 7-8 years there has been a decline in the importance of swag and I wouldn't be surprised if a fairly small percentage considered swag trading to be an important part of the game these days, especially considering the proliferation of p&g micros and caches places for no other reason than to boost the numbers of those that will find them. I'm not saying that wanting good swag in a cache isn't a valid reason for wanting to geocache, just that it's not as much a priority as it used to be.

The only time I pay attention to non-trackable swag in others' caches is when it's so nasty it needs to be thrown away. Maybe this will change when we have kids, but I ain't in it for the trinkets.

We have a kid now, but she's at the age that, if we give her anything from a cache, she'll just stick it in her mouth. Maybe if this thread is bumped again another three years from now we'll care more.

That said, depending on the swag, some things can be pretty cool. For instance, we ran across a few caches in Austria where someone was leaving signature items of quartz crystal and other minerals. Now that I can get into. But most toys, not so much,

I leave a Geocaching card that I made, but I don't use that as a trading item. If I take an item I always leave something else. I'm about to put out my first cache and I wouldn't mind folks leaving their own cards so I would have a better idea of who had visited and where they are from.

I crochet small flowers and hearts out of leftover yarn and often leave one of those as my trade item. I love to find little trinkets and have a few nice things I've collected to remember my caching finds. It's about the experience, after all....not what you find inside the caches.

Hello

Been Cacheing off and on,most of the time just sign the log and if I have something I have left just something I think is cool,I have taken but have always left something I think would be liked,like when it is opened they say cool,adult or children,hey were all kids at heart,I think that why I like doing the treasure hunt,I have taken neices,my wife and a buddy with me, they are amazed when it is found and when you open it up you hope it makes them say,pretty cool,you don't always have to take something to leave something,just being there finding the Cache is enough for me, leave something anyways, for the kids in all of us,just my thought nothing else. <_<

I have only traded twice so far, but I have followed the

Both times, I used something special from my Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Club (special throws like my doubloon and a koozie). I have bought a golf ball and golf tees from the Angola Museum and some golf balls from The National World War 2 Museum to used for trading.

For the caches that I trade with, I will always leave something I think people will find cool.

Am I the only adult cacher that enjoys looking at swag? People keep talking about it like the contents of the caches are just for the children. Well, I don't have children and I cache alone, and I really look forward to seeing what's inside. So far I have been disappointed because what I have found has been mostly trash. The allure of geocaching for me is not only the experience of getting outdoors and hunting for the cache. It's the feeling of opening a secret container and revealing its mystery. That's sort of spoiled when its a piece of wax paper that used to have stickers on it, a crumpled up receipt from a fast food restaurant, a small stick from the site, and a penny. People keep saying that it's magical stuff to children, but as far as I can determine, children aren't the only ones geocaching out there. To me this sounds like an excuse to trade down/be inconsiderate to others. In order to keep this game as good as it can be for everyone, trading up or taking nothing has to happen. And it's not about monetary value! At all. It's about whether that object is useful, interesting, creative, attractive, distinctive, educational, funny, or *something* that appeals to people who have moved past the 2nd grade. (Nothing against kids but I'm getting tired of seeing this argument.)

Well said. You are definitely not the only adult cacher who enjoys swag. And I agree it a tiresome argument and an excuse.

I get a lot of good feedback from adults who have found the swag I leave in caches (see the first link in my signature line), so I know for sure that you are not the only adult who enjoys a fuller caching experience that includes revealing the mystery of what's inside the container.

As cache owners we can help make things more fun by putting out watertight containers and cleaning/restocking them one or two times a year. Restocking doesn't have to be much - maybe a couple of dollars worth of creative/interesting/useful trinkets, from the dollar store or garage sales or hardware store, etc.

As finders we can help clear caches of the garbage and add a clean, intact interesting trinket or two.

It's been my experience that when I do a twice yearly maintenance run, the cache contents stay relatively decent. There will be a couple of pieces of junk but generally the majority of the swag is in good shape with plenty of decent stuff.

As a finder, I will not leave geoswag in junk caches. Leaky caches, or caches that have a mess of junk inside that looks like it never gets maintained. I'm not adding decent swag to the mess. I will note the excess of junk in my found it log, post a photo, and post an NM if the contents are particularly bad - wet, moldy, muddy.

I crochet small flowers and hearts out of leftover yarn and often leave one of those as my trade item. I love to find little trinkets and have a few nice things I've collected to remember my caching finds. It's about the experience, after all....not what you find inside the caches.

I love that stuff. Some of my most interesting finds have been crocheted finger puppets:

blue-dog-crocheted-finger-puppet.jpg?w=129&h=150puppets.jpg

Edited by L0ne.R

I love looking through the swag in a cache. I almost never take or trade anything, though.

You know, I need to revise my statement (was it for this thread or another? can't even recall). This is how I usually go.

I also enjoy poking around swag when I find a cache, but I don't understand why some people get into such a rage when the contents aren't to their taste. We should all just assume that we'll be disappointed in the swag for one reason or another and get over it. No matter what you put in a cache, someone will hate it:

•  
  • Too many toys for people who hate kids.
  • Not enough toys for people caching with kids.
  • Toys are too dangerous for people caching with stupid kids.
  • Swag is too cheap.
  • Swag is too valuable and attracts muggles.
  • Swag got ruined because the cache was in poor condition.
  • Swag got ruined because it wasn't well-suited to the cache.
  • Religious.
  • Anti-religious.
  • Political.
  • Swag is rusty/sharp/dangerous and you didn't look before you put your hand in the cache.
  • Leaked/melted/deposited glitter on everything else in the cache.
  • Paper swag becomes a pile of mush.
  • Scented swag or food items attract pests.
  • Other.

Edited by narcissa

We should all just assume that we'll be disappointed in the swag for one reason or another and get over it.

Good advice, although I'd express it as that we should all see good swag as an added bonus rather than seeing the lack of swag as a disappointment.

I am cheap. I never swag, even when I hide a .50 ammocan. It inevitably turns to garbage, probably because I am cheap.

We should all just assume that we'll be disappointed in the swag for one reason or another and get over it.

Good advice, although I'd express it as that we should all see good swag as an added bonus rather than seeing the lack of swag as a disappointment.

I agree with you. Lack of swag isn't so bad. Those of us who like trading and always carry stuff, can add more.

What's more important is maintenance - the removal of junk, and a watertight clean (as one can reasonably expect) container to leave stuff in. Finding a junky cache that hasn't been cleaned up in years can be disappointing.

As a cache owner, I'm not lavish, but I'm not a cheapskate either. I fill my containers with swag that I purchased. When I hide an ammo can I generally spend around 20 UK pounds (~$30 US dollars) on the swag. The swag I put in is generally aimed at children, as I find that as a group, it is cachers with children who are most interested in the swag. When I maintain my caches I'll top up the swag.

When I'm finding caches, unless I'm with children (my own are young adults now), I don't bother with it. If I see a container with interesting looking swag I'll look through it. I've found themed caches where the swag matches the theme, these are interesting to look through.

Other than with a child, I don't think I've ever traded swag.

When I go with a child, I make sure I bring decent stuff to trade.

Well, I am still very new to geocaching, I only have 21 finds to date and have placed 3 caches, 2 have been published and one I hid today that I custom made is waiting to be published. Of the 3 I have hidden only one was big enough to hold swag, and I just dropped a few things in it I thought someone might get a kick out of a token from the 1962 worlds fair, some little toys, and a couple of cards to make people smile. I have found only a few caches that were large enough contain swag, from pennies to quarters, some foreign coins, little toys and erasers, The only thing I removed from a cache was a travel bug,(that's was placed in a new cache and sent on it's way) and a eye glass cleaning cloth, it was something I really needed at that moment to clean my glasses after crawling around in the bushes in the rain. I did not start this hobby to find anything other than the cache and to get some much needed exercise for this 55 year old man. I have read alot on this forum and have caching kit, it's nothing but a cache ready to be put into the wild when I find a good location, some ziplock bags of different sizes to ward off the rain on un-maintained caches, and some misc. sized logs for those that are wet or full. And a few pieces of swag, A couple of travel bugs, I'll put in well maintained caches I find in the future. I plan on always removing trackables and moving them on to the next maintained cache.