Bug 8 (MAGOR)

Pinehurst

Thought someone my be having a discussion on J. R. R. Tolkien's middle-earth themed caches. Imagine my disappointment to find a spelling error. Bug 9 - Spell check appears to be broken in forums.

it's pinehurstese. most his bugs are "magor". i wonder what the opposite is, mynor?

Edited by dfx

You can't create or edit Geocache listings without getting a server error.

On the weekends, only platinum members can create new listings. This helps balance the server load. So, you may see some published (I've published around 20 so far today) but that is where they are coming from.

You can't create or edit Geocache listings without getting a server error.
Going very briefly off topic... Pinehurst, have I ever told you what an awesome avatar you have chosen for yourself? I swear that you could not have done any better!!

I was thinking Patrick might be a better fit, but what do I know.

Melchior Buggz

Lets talk about real problems! If I have logged a cache, there appears a script at the tbottom of the page: If I fillin the next cache, and hit 'enter' nothing happens. I have to hit the "go" button. I always hit 'enter'. I thought that type of Melchior Bugg went out of existance decades ago!

Then why is it not working for me?

i think the lackeys added a special code to the cache edit page. something like "if username == pinehurst then throw-error". makes perfect sense.

Why would they do that?

Obviously, they feel that your time spent chasing MAGOR bugs in the forums is too important to allow it to be diminished if you go doing things like hiding caches.

i think the lackeys added a special code to the cache edit page. something like "if username == pinehurst then throw-error". makes perfect sense.

Why would they do that?

Obviously, they feel that your time spent chasing MAGOR bugs in the forums is too important to allow it to be diminished if you go doing things like hiding caches.

But I have time for both.

Why would they do that?

really? 4 hidden, two of which are archived and one is disabled. :o

Why would they do that?

really? 4 hidden, two of which are archived and one is disabled. :o

They had bugs.

Why would they do that?

really? 4 hidden, two of which are archived and one is disabled. B)

They had bugs.

Not all of them.

Should I mention that generally if you read the page there will be red text telling you what you neglected to enter while attempting to submit a cache for publication.

I believe TPTB have now added an additional telepathy routine to tell if you are lying or not when you check the last 2 boxes at the end of the page. So be sure you have actually read AND understand the guidelines and TOU before trying to submit your cache listing. :mad:

I believe TPTB have now added an additional telepathy routine to tell if you are lying or not when you check the last 2 boxes at the end of the page. So be sure you have actually read AND understand the guidelines and TOU before trying to submit your cache listing. ;)

You mean that random question about the guidelines that now pops up when you hit submit these days? I HATE that! Haven't been able to hide a cache since they put that in place. :mad:

Should I mention that generally if you read the page there will be red text telling you what you neglected to enter while attempting to submit a cache for publication.

I believe TPTB have now added an additional telepathy routine to tell if you are lying or not when you check the last 2 boxes at the end of the page. So be sure you have actually read AND understand the guidelines and TOU before trying to submit your cache listing. :mad:

The server error came up when I clicked submit.

I believe TPTB have now added an additional telepathy routine to tell if you are lying or not when you check the last 2 boxes at the end of the page. So be sure you have actually read AND understand the guidelines and TOU before trying to submit your cache listing. :(

Exactly. And if you are lying when you check the boxes a server error will automatically come up. A few years ago Geocaching.com was able to tell if you were lying but not able to display an error, so your listing would be sent to a reviewer but with a special flag on it. The reviewer would then make up various excuses to not publish your cache (if you look back through the forums there are many topics of hiders complaining reviewers would not publish their cache no matter what they did) and make you jump through hoops until you gave up. This increased the workload of reviewers greatly so the server error feature was implemented.

Edited by BCProspectors
I believe TPTB have now added an additional telepathy routine to tell if you are lying or not when you check the last 2 boxes at the end of the page. So be sure you have actually read AND understand the guidelines and TOU before trying to submit your cache listing. :(

Exactly. And if you are lying when you check the boxes a server error will automatically come up. A few years ago Geocaching.com was able to tell if you were lying but not able to display an error, so your listing would be sent to a reviewer but with a special flag on it. The reviewer would then make up various excuses to not publish your cache (if you look back through the forums there are many topics of hiders complaining reviewers would not publish their cache no matter what they did) and make you jump through hoops until you gave up. This increased the workload of reviewers greatly so the server error feature was implemented.

But i'm not lying. Why does it think I am?

The server error came up when I clicked submit.

Which one of these does your error look like?

error1.jpg

OR

error2.jpg

Neather, it said 500 internal server error.

I didn't know Groundspeak had 500 internal servers!! That's a LOT! :(

That's just 500 in error. Wonder how many MORE they have! :)