Is this a find?

warf

If that paint was found there, you can probably assume that it is what you are looking for. Several city BMs have paint to make them easier to spot, in California alot of them are blue and "BM" is used. You could always call the city engineering department and ask when the street was widened or repaved to help you. Go back nad have a look when things are dry. They must have removed it from the monument though.

this is probably it. the concrete monument is said to be flush with the ground, and just inside the curb. so far so good. i'm surprised that the road crew took such care as to actually incorporate the monument into the road. the only way to be sure is to find out what is stamped on the mark, then you'll know. i've been fooled before into thinking i had a mark, only to find that the stamping was different (i.e. "reset") and that my mark was long gone. but in this case, i'd be optimistic. if this was my find, i would read the writing before claiming it, however.

I have found several Corp. Of Engineers survey markers. I am curious if these count as well. I have pics but this new pc I have doesn't recognize it yet. When I return home I will down load the pics.

It is a round disk embedded in a concrete block, giving the section and stating that you are on Corp proerty.

Can these be logged?

Thanks for the help

Rich and the tribe

Rich Conn

kd5jxu@arrl.net

145.130 -

146.500 simplex

No, what you have found is a property boundary and not considered a Bench Mark. That said, its possible that one of these could be also a bench mark but for this site, it would not be considered one unless it was in the NGS database.

A lot of CE marks have no geodetic control and just govern the local CE property etc.