Grammar error!

DENelson83

This is a common problem with the modern computer era. It should be fairly easy to modify a computer program to differentiate between 'one' and 'more than one'. But nobody cares about the proper usage of language any more. I complained to Ma Bell about this many decades ago when my phone bills said: "You have made one calls to information." Nobody cared then, and nobody cares now. It's called 'The Dumbing of America.'

Good time to mention Muphry's Law, something else I learned in the forums.

I thought Murphy's Law related to the Nazis (capital N, German Politics 1932 onwards..) as in 'Hitler used to do that, or You wouldn't get away with that during the war. etc etc

I was merely referring to the grammer nazis, as in 'my english is superior to yours' (usually with American 'spelling errors' B) )

anyway, now they have been mentioned.....

Good time to mention Muphry's Law, something else I learned in the forums.

I thought Murphy's Law related to the Nazis (capital N, German Politics 1932 onwards..) as in 'Hitler used to do that, or You wouldn't get away with that during the war. etc etc

I was merely referring to the grammer nazis, as in 'my english is superior to yours' (usually with American 'spelling errors' B) )

anyway, now they have been mentioned.....

Nah, the Nazi thing is Godwin's Law. Muphry's Law (not Murphy's) states that "if you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written" (direct quote from my Wikipedia link above)

Edit to add : I was referring to the OP's grammar mistake in his post.

Edited by Chrysalides