Footpath Fever

Tongue only slightly in cheek :D

About Footpath Fever

We have Motorway Mayhem. We have A-Road Anarchy, and we have SideTracked. But what about people who like to get away from it all, and find a decent sized box that requires a short walk?

Footpath Fever started at Charnock Richard in Lancashire. It may take a while to get started, but like the other series, it's expected to spread across the country!

If hiding one PLEASE BE SENSIBLE and remember that in this day and age, seeing something "off the beaten track" may come as a suprise to townie folk. If you see a field full of ruminating ungulates, don't worry, you've not inadvertantly wandered into a zoo - these animals are in fact COWS and SHEEP and can be watched for free!

:P

The first one is listed, have you got any Footpath Fever caches you'd like to hide, or perhaps you could edit your existing cache listings so that they start off "Footpath Fever - Name" and spread the word B) I'll bookmark as appropriate. Who'd've thought it - cache boxes in rural locations :D

I hate to 'poo poo' your idea but I just don't see it taking off, why on earth would I want to do this kind of thing when there are really great caches in Supermarket car parks that I can do while getting my shopping ? Walking, pah, it'll never take off. Why WALK to a cache when you can simply open your car door ? I just don't get it, maybe you can explain it to me.

I'm currently working on a large series of nano's and film pots hidden on the roads around busy urban areas in Lancashire, that hopefully will entice more people to get out in their cars into the great outdoors where they may occasionally see great things such as Tesco, Asda, and McDonalds, further along in the wild you may also get to see awful things like grass and trees, but I will be keeping these to a bare minimum, as far as I can see what you are trying to do who will only redicule my efforts, so with much regret I'm afraid I cannot support this series although I wish you well in your (somewhat foolhardy) venture.

Regards

Pete

I hate to 'poo poo' your idea but I just don't see it taking off, why on earth would I want to do this kind of thing when there are really great caches in Supermarket car parks that I can do while getting my shopping ? Walking, pah, it'll never take off. Why WALK to a cache when you can simply open your car door ? I just don't get it, maybe you can explain it to me.

I'm currently working on a large series of nano's and film pots hidden on the roads around busy urban areas in Lancashire, that hopefully will entice more people to get out in their cars into the great outdoors where they may occasionally see great things such as Tesco, Asda, and McDonalds, further along in the wild you may also get to see awful things like grass and trees, but I will be keeping these to a bare minimum, as far as I can see what you are trying to do who will only redicule my efforts, so with much regret I'm afraid I cannot support this series although I wish you well in your (somewhat foolhardy) venture.

Regards

Pete

There is already one and it's going great guns - you really must try it - you will have to be scrapped off the ceiling afterwards .... GC1GH4C

Edited by The Syllogiser

Regards

Pete

Please ensure when placing the micro/nano that there is room to park a LWB HiCube Transit van right next to the cache, I really do hate walking :huh:

Regards

Pete

I hope you are going to place them so I don't have to get off the motorbike to get them. Oh and ensure that they can be opened and signed whilst wearing bike gloves.

Tongue only slightly in cheek :anicute:

About Footpath Fever

We have Motorway Mayhem. We have A-Road Anarchy, and we have SideTracked. But what about people who like to get away from it all, and find a decent sized box that requires a short walk?

Also we have B Road Bedlam. Did one the other day. Decent sized box that required a short walk 'cos I couldn't get any closer than 20 feet in my car. :huh::P

Tongue only slightly in cheek :anicute:

About Footpath Fever

Also we have B Road Bedlam. Did one the other day. Decent sized box that required a short walk 'cos I couldn't get any closer than 20 feet in my car. :huh::P

i'm sure thats a direct rip-off from the awesome series 'Lay-by Lock&Locks'

Footpath?, pah!

Geocache isn't worth doing if it doesn't involve delving half a mile through a cave system or climbing up a shear rock face.

... or paddle 10 miles in a kayak, or don your sub-aqua gear.... or fight your way through flame filled pits of doom...

Or.... an ammo can hidden in some lovely woods.... oops my mistake who would want to look for one of those :D;):D;)