Magellan Roadmate 1700

My parents just bought a new big screen Magellan Roadmate 1700 GPSr for traveling. Can they use it for geocaching? Can you load latitude and longitude? Or can I load geocaches, like custom POIs maybe? We have a TomTom and I'm able to load caches in that. Thanks for any help.

Laura

Must be a newer unit as it is not in the GPS Reviews yet.

Looked at the manual online (always a good idea to read the manual :anicute: ), I found at least one option that should allow the entry of coordinates.

Never noticed though if it is switchable from road nav > hiking/hiking > road nav. I think that may be the key as to whether or not it will be usable for geocaching.

If it wants to keep you on the road... well, not too many geocaches are on a road. :huh:

Must be a newer unit as it is not in the GPS Reviews yet.

Looked at the manual online (always a good idea to read the manual :anicute: ), I found at least one option that should allow the entry of coordinates.

Never noticed though if it is switchable from road nav > hiking/hiking > road nav. I think that may be the key as to whether or not it will be usable for geocaching.

If it wants to keep you on the road... well, not too many geocaches are on a road. :huh:

I couldn't find anything in the manual about entering coords.

They only need it to get there by roads. Will only be looking for the easier caches.