Cary, Raleigh, Apex, Durham.

rokito87

Hi! I'm heading down to NC to visit my aunt, and when I told her about the huge number of geocaches in her area, she was interested in giving it a try. Although I lived in Cary for a period of time, I moved back to NY before I started caching, and I've yet to cache in NC. Thus, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some unique, creative, or just plain exceptional hides to which I can take her... Anywhere around Cary, Raleigh, Apex or Durham would be best, but I wouldn't mind traveling a little further. I've also checked out the NCGO website's greatest caches section, but most of them were farther away. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :P

Durham Parks and Rec is doing an event althout it cant be shown on the sight becase it is open to the public and there is a small fee but its going to be a lot of fun and great for people who have never been. Here is the info:

Moonlight Geo Paddle

Durham Parks and Recreations Adventure Programs would like to invite you to a truly unique experience, as we combine all the fun of a night time paddle with the excitement of Geocaching. This is for all experience levels! There will be a short GPS and paddle class to start so bring a flashlight and a GPS (if not one will be provide).September 25, 8pm-10pm at Lake Michie

AT THE COORDINATES PROVIDED

MONDAY THOUGH FRIDAY 8:30AM- 5:00PM

MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 25

SPACE IS LIMITED!!!!

Cost:

$5.00 City Resident, Play More Card;

$6.00 City Resident, No Play More Card;

$7.00 Non-City Resident, Play More Card;

$8.00 Non-City Resident, No Play More Card

If you have any questions contact Ryan Sailstad at 919.560.4355 ext.27237