Geocaching themed t-shirts

teralea

Wow, what an inappropriate "forum insider" reply that was, considering it was the OP's first post. Remember always that harmless sock puppets are tolerated here.

Welcome to the forums, teralea. Thanks for starting a conversation about t-shirt designs. I have about 20 or so geocaching t-shirts and I love collecting them. One of my favorites was a one-of-a-kind FTF prize for a very challenging high terrain, high difficulty cache. The t-shirt art matched the cache page's art, and the lettering said "I was the first to find [cache name], and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Maybe that relic from 2003 will inspire someone else to create custom t-shirts as FTF prizes.

I look forward to reading other on-topic replies.

Wow, what an inappropriate "forum insider" reply that was, considering it was the OP's first post. Remember always that harmless sock puppets are tolerated here.

Welcome to the forums, teralea. Thanks for starting a conversation about t-shirt designs. I have about 20 or so geocaching t-shirts and I love collecting them. One of my favorites was a one-of-a-kind FTF prize for a very challenging high terrain, high difficulty cache. The t-shirt art matched the cache page's art, and the lettering said "I was the first to find [cache name], and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Maybe that relic from 2003 will inspire someone else to create custom t-shirts as FTF prizes.

I look forward to reading other on-topic replies.

Thank you for the welcome! I understand noobs go through quite an interesting learning curve in almost any kind of forum. I appreciate the responses nonetheless. :P

I've been thinking of printing coordinates onto shirts, but I have no idea what kind of cache it would lead to or what that cache would contain. They wouldn't be printed on the chest either, they would be kind of hidden coordinates like on the tag or the inside of the shirt. It's just an idea I've been playing around with. I make outdoor themed t-shirts right now, and I would really like to add geocaching to the list of activities we have t-shirts for.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any cool ideas for geocaching t-shirts or apparel other than the ones in existence already?

i thought the travel bug shirt was a neat idea, until i saw it live.

i've only been to two events. both events one person was wearing a trackable shirt. it seemed as if i was having a flashback to every stereotypical trekkie convention shown in movies/tv. i'd rather not have one now.

i'd rather just have a funny/witty little cache shirt sans tracking number.

i went caching and all i got was this t-shirt.

cachers do it everywhere.

hi my name is ...... and i'm a cache-a-holic.

is that a bison tube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

I'm looking for a T-Shirt that has the Geocaching logo on one side and Letterboxing or Terracaching logo on the other. But my dilema is, which side for which game? In any event, how much and where to find it is another problem!

That's going to be hard to find, because the GC logo is trademarked. I don't know about the other two, but they probably are, too.

In other words, it's not legal unless all the parties involved got together and authorized it. You'll have to go gray market or make it yourself with transfers.

I'm looking for a T-Shirt that has the Geocaching logo on one side and Letterboxing or Terracaching logo on the other. But my dilema is, which side for which game? In any event, how much and where to find it is another problem!

That's going to be hard to find, because the GC logo is trademarked. I don't know about the other two, but they probably are, too.

In other words, it's not legal unless all the parties involved got together and authorized it. You'll have to go gray market or make it yourself with transfers.

Personal use is granted. You can upload the images to a site like Zazzle.com and make some shirts, hats or coffee cups with those logos for yourself, but you cannot sell them.

Personal use is granted. You can upload the images to a site like Zazzle.com and make some shirts, hats or coffee cups with those logos for yourself, but you cannot sell them.

No...because even then Zazzle is selling them. They take an extraordinarily hardline attitude about intellectual property rights (sometimes, beyond what is really necessary. As when then took down all products with the word "Twilight" in the description because of that stupid vampire thing).

Of course, there are products there with the GC logo on them in the Zazzle marketplace. But that's likely because Zazzle doesn't know it's trademarked. And/or none of those products have ever sold (which is when they come to the attention of Zazzle's content review drones).

No...because even then Zazzle is selling them. They take an extraordinarily hardline attitude about intellectual property rights (sometimes, beyond what is really necessary. As when then took down all products with the word "Twilight" in the description because of that stupid vampire thing).

Of course, there are products there with the GC logo on them in the Zazzle marketplace. But that's likely because Zazzle doesn't know it's trademarked. And/or none of those products have ever sold (which is when they come to the attention of Zazzle's content review drones).

You can design a shirt on Zazzle and have them make it for you, but not put it up for sale.

As far as trade marks on Zazzle, My other zazzle account had some Tupperware stuff taken off due to trademark issues.

You can buy, well here in Australia we can, laserjet iron-on Tshirt sheets, on which you print whatever you want, and iron them onto your own shirts. We did this for the Oz Mega event, 3 shirts each for the 3 days of the event. The missus and I had different sayings on each shirt, but they were all fluro coloured shirts, that stood out like the proverbial DBs.

One pair of shirts we made were in relation to a 5/5 we own. Called The Torture Test, with a $100 FTF prize, it remains unclaimed after about 18 months.

My shirt read-

You can ask me about The Torture Test, Im not going to tell you anything about it, but you can ask me.

And my wifes said-

You can ask me about The Torture Test, I dont know anything about it, I wish I did, because I could do with the $100.

Another shirt of my wifes had something like-

Geocaching- finally a way for me to get some peace and quiet, now GO AWAY Bundy.

You can design a shirt on Zazzle and have them make it for you, but not put it up for sale.

But they are still making money off somebody else's trademark, so it's still not okay with them. Trust me, they take the narrowest possible interpretation. Not to mention pulling products at the slightest complaint (they've just pulled all religious designs on dog shirts, and every single instance of "my Indian name is..." slogans).

There needs to be a shirt with a picture of a lamp post with "skirtlifter" underneath it.

Not bad, not bad. May I steal it? I've got a feeling up lampposts shirt and an Acme lamp post inspection shirt.