Just wrong - on so many levels.....

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Let's not be too hasty. It says that the cache is IN a small round camo chew can. The actual cache might not be so bad.

Then again, it might be a wadded up gum wrapper.

wait, how did you know already? Were you following me yesterday when I placed this one?

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Let's not be too hasty. It says that the cache is IN a small round camo chew can. The actual cache might not be so bad.

Then again, it might be a wadded up gum wrapper.

wait, how did you know already? Were you following me yesterday when I placed this one?

Nice... :P

Dense cardboard or thin plastic with a metal or plastic push on lid.

A tin of chewing tobacco.

ooh dear, i thought so but didn't want to assume....i wonder if there's any chewed tobacco as swag :P

Edited by t4e

Mine comes in a dense cardboard container with a wax coating on the inside, all topped off with a metal lid. It manages to keep my chew good for a few days. Though I go through about one every two days, and collect them to recycle. I wouldn't ever think about putting one out as a cache though... sheesh I have destroyed on in my pocket before from moisture on a hot and muggy day out working in the yard.

edit for spelling

Edited by orion X

Mine comes in a dense cardboard container with a wax coating on the inside, all topped off with a metal lid. It manages to keep my chew good for a few days. Though I go through about one every two days, and collect them to recycle. I wouldn't ever think about putting one out as a cache though... sheesh I have destroyed on in my pocket before from moisture on a hot and muggy day out working in the yard.

edit for spelling

Mine comes in all plastic. I have thought about (but not very hard) using one as a cache container. At the very least, it could be used to hold a bison tube with the log inside.

I have a signature item from a cacher 1 state over that is one of those cardboard/metal cans with a mirror inside. It's a redneck compass. "It doesn't show you where you are, it just shows you who's lost."

edit for spelling

Mine comes in all plastic. I have thought about (but not very hard) using one as a cache container. At the very least, it could be used to hold a bison tube with the log inside.

I have a signature item from a cacher 1 state over that is one of those cardboard/metal cans with a mirror inside. It's a redneck compass. "It doesn't show you where you are, it just shows you who's lost."

That is very funny.

I will refrain from commenting about rednecks.

Just got a notification of new cache.....included the following in the description:

"The cache is in a small round camo chew can."

Can't wait to see it in a month or two. :P

that can be OK depending on where its hid and if theres a ziplock for the log.

Just got a notification of new cache.....included the following in the description:

"The cache is in a small round camo chew can."

Can't wait to see it in a month or two. :P

that can be OK depending on where its hid and if theres a ziplock for the log.

Actually, I knew of one cache in a chew can that lasted a couple of years, before the cache owner decided to remove it. It was on the ground under a flat piece of concrete. It did hold up, although it reeked of spearmint and tobacco.

The first time I saw this particular container used was on a road trip to Geowoodstock 2 six years ago. We found a few of them during the afternoon run, and went back to our hotel to meet up with some other cachers. We were telling them about the container and the number of LPC's we had already found. They had never heard of this hiding technique (my how things have changed) and my traveling companion hopped out of our car to demonstrate to them how the skirts lifted. The nearest cache in our GPS's was .25 miles away, but there was a chew tin underneath! So he pried it open, and sprayed himself with stinky tobacco water in the process. :D

Nope, it wasn't a cache, just redneck trash. Good thing we were at the hotel so he could run in and change shirts. :P

I remember a cache that was mentioned here a few years ago that was even more wrong on more levels. It was an LPC in a Wal-Mart parking lot. The container was a matchstick container, and the "log" was the Wal-Mart reciept for the container!!

for some reason this is making me cry i'm laughing so hard...

i find a cache from time to time that makes me think... "did these people just happen to have a container ready in their car and place it here?" the above cache takes it to a different level... they didn't have a container or a log. they just ran out and dropped their cache where they bought it. where's that jedi cache slide scale again?

edit for spelling

That is very funny.

I will refrain from commenting about rednecks.

I prefer the term "country" :huh:

I remember a cache that was mentioned here a few years ago that was even more wrong on more levels. It was an LPC in a Wal-Mart parking lot. The container was a matchstick container, and the "log" was the Wal-Mart reciept for the container!!

did it keep the receipt dry?

I thought the mentioned cache was a hide-a-key? ;)

Yeah, that sounds about right. Same idea, though.