~~~ The Fabulous Forum Photo Challenge! ~~~

YemonYime

Hmm... Campain!!! :l0l: I will tell you something for All candidates! They did not have ... relationship with Monica.....! :blink:

Rulors that all are swimming in places where fish are eating and do other things too.... can not be stable until new evidence will show up!

I can surelly be bride to help in the campain... ;) Let's show some of my work...

Catsnfish.... I see your cupcake is a little blue-green on the top..... how old is it??? Ha! I got it now! you wanted to show that it is made or old copper! :lol:

Mekk.... where is everybody??? None is on the road?? Did you close the street for the photo??? :D I see you do not have mail.... but I realized that you are as fast as Lucky luke! Your hand with the cupcake in your shadow is not completely up yet! :lol:

Wolfslady.... nice crown!!!...but I am afraid that Mell Gibson may want it back for Apocalypto 2! :o Ok, no joke, beautiful and different crown, I like it a lot! :)

Oh... I forgot.... hey little one.... wrong hands.... change the things your are holding... quick... none saw us so far! ;):o

TommyTrojan360..... What are doing man???:D Taking photos and you haven't realised anything??? RUN Tommy.... Run!!!!!!

Someone is behind you and is holding fire!!! Scene taken from Scream movie?)

the cupcake has lots of fire! I hope the geocoin is ok.... Oh...which version if USA flag is that? Not bad!!! ;)

I hope this was in your back yard and none saw you... :)

**** Please do not take my comments as serious! It is just for fun, they are all from a friend to a friend, and they are a joke! :)

I love all the photos and I wish I could do that too! So, a huge BRAVO to all and congrats to the winner! He or She will win an amazing coin! :)

I love seeing in a cointest to participate Young cachers with experience..;) younger cachers and little new cachers too! All ages having fun! That's great :D

Voting is difficult.... I will vote Catsnfish, but this can be changed if I take the campain job from an other candidate! :D

While my worthy opponent cuts a fine figure of patriotism, it takes experiences (please scroll down all the way :blink: ) to lead this obsession into a new era of entertainment and challenges. A new era where cachers will be unafraid to share their experiences, whether funny or ironic, triumphant or sad.

I have a dream Where these Groundspeak fora are used for the betterment of caching and not trollish amusement.

Above all it is my firmest desire that all cachers everywhere be able to enjoy the freedoms that searching for hidden containers or collecting beautiful coins can offer.

162.gif

ps Mrs catsnfish was singing the Star Spangled Banner when the campaign photo was taken!!

*scratches his head*

"Hmmmmmm".... He says in a ponderous voice to himself. "Though I try to communicate to the people of this district,"

*he then strokes his chin*

"it seems that at times, I might do better just banging my forehead against a Betty Crocker cookbook."

*searches around for a large book*

"Ahem...", he says as he climbs slowly to the microphone. "May I remind today's voters, that the primaries are complete". The crowd continues to stir, as he bangs a small wooden gavel to redraw their attention. "Folks, please keep in mind that only the candidates that qualified in the Primary Race are eligible for the office of El Presidente."

Some glance up and seem to acknowledge, and some continue their conversations.

"Please vote for either Rep. catsnfish, or Sen. mekk...only! The others are running for a different office."

He steps down from the podium, glancing over to his table of constituents...receiving a series of "thumbs up" from the chimpanzees, and shoulder shrugs from the orangutans. One of which is holding up a cookbook.

W hen in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one couple to display the inherent silliness which has connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the forum, the separate and equal station to which the moderators and of Groundspeak's Jeremy entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of posters requires that they should post the picture which impelled them to the photography.

Therefore, on this 6th day of the 7th month, in the year of our Lord 2010, we urge all forum posters to join us as we come forward to cast our votes for CATSNFISH. Surely they deserve the accolade as the silliest burning cupcake, flag-wearing, fireworked-background, cookbook-displaying, posters of all time!

bluepullbow.jpg

This message has been approved by the Blue Bow .

Nearly swayed by the rhetoric of catsnfish, I reviewed the candidates positions and will stand with my original impression and vote for mekk. Please note that both candidates are worthy contenders.

Now if I had really been paying attention, I had some opportunities myself and would have anted up the entry fee. But alas, I am too much of a procrastinator and didn't read the forums over the weekend.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!!

While we may not have the experience of our running mate CATSNFISH, the MEKK clan believes in starting cachers very young which sometimes makes for a challenge in achieving higher numbers!

We, the K & K in "MEKK", proudly introduced this world of adventure in Geocaching to our M & E at the weee young ages! The littlest MEKK (the E in the name aka Prince of MEKK) began the adventure at the young age of 3 months while the M (aka Princess of MEKK) was a wee bit older at 9 years. :lol:

Now at 15 and 6, at both of their young ages, they have introduced this type of adventure to others, including the importance of CITO, moving travelers, and the beauty of Geocoins. No matter the outcome of the election, it is exciting to know that others have become familiar with this fine sport and I know at least in this clan, it will be part of the upbringing of this and future generations!

(While E almost ate his first found TB, we made sure it did make it on to the next cache! :blink: )

a6d8b3fe-ff13-48ff-bb47-0f698d51f4d4.jpg

Mekk.... where is everybody??? None is on the road?? Did you close the street for the photo??? :o I see you do not have mail.... but I realized that you are as fast as Lucky luke! Your hand with the cupcake in your shadow is not completely up yet! :lol:

Voting is difficult.... I will vote Catsnfish, but this can be changed if I take the campain job from an other candidate! :lol:

Ah, yes, the streets were clear, but not closed! Everyone was sooooooo interested in what we were doing, that they were looking out windows, walking down the street or pretending to put out their trash just to get a peek - they didn't want to get in their cars until AFTER the strange lady got out of the middle of the street! :blink: only my one neighbor was brave enough to ask!

Nope, no mail here on Sunday, but.... that's not to say that one day, my flag may up with a coin to pay it forward being sent off to someone non-expecting! :o

Mekk.... where is everybody??? None is on the road?? Did you close the street for the photo??? ;) I see you do not have mail.... but I realized that you are as fast as Lucky luke! Your hand with the cupcake in your shadow is not completely up yet! :D

Voting is difficult.... I will vote Catsnfish, but this can be changed if I take the campain job from an other candidate! ;)

Ah, yes, the streets were clear, but not closed! Everyone was sooooooo interested in what we were doing, that they were looking out windows, walking down the street or pretending to put out their trash just to get a peek - they didn't want to get in their cars until AFTER the strange lady got out of the middle of the street! :) only my one neighbor was brave enough to ask!

Nope, no mail here on Sunday, but.... that's not to say that one day, my flag may up with a coin to pay it forward being sent off to someone non-expecting! :D

:blink: My dear Mekk! The dog photo is so funny and amazing!!! Actually dogs like that exist! In Athens there is a dog that his owner (if he has any...) trainned him and when there is a strike and people are on streets... the dog is there with a piece of cloth where things are writen for the strike!! YES! the dog is a striker!!! ;) I will try to find a photo in the net to show the dog! :)

Oh!! profecional photographer!!! that is why it is a very good and clear photo! and about the shadow.... of course I know this is the angle the photo was taken.... :)

these are you kids? Oh! they are lovely! :)

Both Catsnfish and you Mekk are very good! I wish there was a half ounce geocoins so you could have one both as winners! :D

Hmm.... if you 2 tie.... will Florida make the final result... just like Bush? ;) Yime... are you from Florida??? :lol:

Oups wait.... Mekk is from Florida!!! :lol::o:o

Mekk.... where is everybody??? None is on the road?? Did you close the street for the photo??? ;) I see you do not have mail.... but I realized that you are as fast as Lucky luke! Your hand with the cupcake in your shadow is not completely up yet! :D

Voting is difficult.... I will vote Catsnfish, but this can be changed if I take the campain job from an other candidate! ;)

Ah, yes, the streets were clear, but not closed! Everyone was sooooooo interested in what we were doing, that they were looking out windows, walking down the street or pretending to put out their trash just to get a peek - they didn't want to get in their cars until AFTER the strange lady got out of the middle of the street! :) only my one neighbor was brave enough to ask!

Nope, no mail here on Sunday, but.... that's not to say that one day, my flag may up with a coin to pay it forward being sent off to someone non-expecting! :D

:blink: My dear Mekk! The dog photo is so funny and amazing!!! Actually dogs like that exist! In Athens there is a dog that his owner (if he has any...) trainned him and when there is a strike and people are on streets... the dog is there with a piece of cloth where things are writen for the strike!! YES! the dog is a striker!!! :) I will try to find a photo in the net to show the dog! :)

Oh!! profecional photographer!!! that is why it is a very good and clear photo! and about the shadow.... of course I know this is the angle the photo was taken.... :)

these are you kids? Oh! they are lovely! :D

Both Catsnfish and you Mekk are very good! I wish there was a half ounce geocoins so you could have one both as winners! :D

Hmm.... if you 2 tie.... will Florida make the final result... just like Bush? ;) Yime... are you from Florida??? :lol:

Oups wait.... Mekk is from Florida!!! :lol::o:o

I want to see that photo GATOULIS if you come across it! That is too funny. You don't know how hard it was to take this without her running away with the flags. You can see my daughter's shadow to the left ready to try to catch her if she runs - she had lots of treats in her hand! ;) She finally did and it was quite funny trying to catch her (Boston's are very fast) ... my son running after my daughter running after me running after the GeoPup. We finally cornered her and pried the flags from her mouth. Now THAT would have been a photo to post, but alas, no one else was around to photograph with all of us running around the back yard.

Ah yes, my light source for the challenge was a street lamp that was high and at an as close to possible correct angle to adequatly light and provide shadows and depth to the subject. lol

Those are my kids 6 years ago when we first started caching. The little one is now 6. My daughter proudly has her own GC name PRINCESS of M.E.K.K. and enjoys logging her own finds!

One day, when I make it to Greece to meet my family members who live in and around the Crete area, maybe I can arrange to meet with you during my travels around your country side and have a caching buddy for a day!

Edited by mekk

I’d like to get out the animal vote for the candidate who supports the four leg and fin voters. catsnfish!! I’ve known him since I was 3 weeks old and he has always been kind and considerate to all of his pets and he even writes about us! He is always willing to toss us a treat and even uses his own old socks to play tuggies with us.

Canine, feline alike this is your candidate!! The one you’ve been begging for!

Paws up for catsnfish!!

wedgeart.jpglabsmile.jpgscratchsmile.jpggitchiesnewscratchpost.jpg

(Please do not count my vote since I am obviously a sock puppy account. Tuggies is so much fun! Grrr rrr)

Are you from Crete??? I mean are you a Greek American? :lol:

I have some... "routes" from Crete, but I do not know from where exactly! My mother's family left from there in the old times (way before 1800), and went to Patmos and Leros island, so.... We only found that info from the Patmos monastery where all were registered!

So... when Joe (catsnfish) said in his post for me beiing his campain manager about ouzo (and maybe souvlaki and gyros), you would loved that too! :blink: Crete's ouzo is stonger and it is called... Raki! :lol:

I would be honored to meet you my friend and cache together! :o

If I counted well.... the votes are too close! :o

The suggestion (not by my worthy opponent) has been made that The Online Geocacher magazine has made illegal cash contributions to my campaign. :blink: This is quite absurd as the magazine is free for all to read and enjoy and accepts no advertising money. :lol::lol::o Essentially the magazine makes no profit whatsoever and could not possibly contribute funds for my campaign. Nor is it a platform for my personal campaign use, my opponent and his supporters are as welcome to submit articles, stories or photographs as I am. :o:)

Why does my post say ringbone!!!

Edited by wedge the cacher

I have some... "routes" from Crete, but I do not know from where exactly! My mother's family left from there in the old times (way before 1800), and went to Patmos and Leros island, so.... We only found that info from the Patmos monastery where all were registered!

So... when Joe (catsnfish) said in his post for me beiing his campain manager about ouzo (and maybe souvlaki and gyros), you would loved that too! :blink: Crete's ouzo is stonger and it is called... Raki! :lol:

I would be honored to meet you my friend and cache together! :o

If I counted well.... the votes are too close! :o

OPA!! Whoever wins will have a party with souvlaki and gyros and raki!! hosted by GATOULIS!!

I'll bring the baklava!

So... when Joe (catsnfish) said in his post for me beiing his campain manager about ouzo (and maybe souvlaki and gyros), you would loved that too! :blink: Crete's ouzo is stonger and it is called... Raki! :o

I would be honored to meet you my friend and cache together! :)

If I counted well.... the votes are too close! :D

My grandfather came over to the US from Crete around 1900 and the rest of his family remained in Greece. My mom and brother have met a lot of the family when they traveled there, but I have yet to meet them. The family name is Daskalakis! Anyway, yes, the ouzo, souvlaki and gyros added to that with spanakopita and moussaka. :lol: So, do you also do family research and genealogy? (that's my "other" hobby) :o

Whew! It has been an intense campaign so far, my wife and i decided to take a short break and spend some time with our grand daughters.

Back to work for me now, I will return to the campaign shortly!

What cuties they are! :blink:

Edited by mekk

Voting for mekk.....I use to have a Boston Terrier.....and I love the Fallen Heroes Geocoin.....I have purchase 5 of them....

Yay for Fallen Heroes Geocoins! I have purchased two so far. Sadly, there are still too many fallen soldiers to be represented by these coins. But what an incredible way to honor them and to let fellow geocachers learn a little about the soldier. I will be buying more in the future.

Are you from Crete??? I mean are you a Greek American? :)

So... when Joe (catsnfish) said in his post for me beiing his campain manager about ouzo (and maybe souvlaki and gyros), you would loved that too! :lol: Crete's ouzo is stonger and it is called... Raki! ;)

If I counted well.... the votes are too close! :)

My grandfather came over to the US from Crete around 1900 and the rest of his family remained in Greece. My mom and brother have met a lot of the family when they traveled there, but I have yet to meet them. The family name is Daskalakis! Anyway, yes, the ouzo, souvlaki and gyros added to that with spanakopita and moussaka. :D So, do you also do family research and genealogy? (that's my "other" hobby) ;)

Yamies! :lol: Spanakopita with some feta cheese inside....julst like my mother is doing.... ;)

I like searching for genealogy but... it is quite difficult to find info! :o Just because the families were moving because of hard times and wars, it is difficult to find info! Papers were lost.... older guys do not remember or do not know.... it is ... :o

I found some things about my mother's and my father's family but not much!

Daskalakis!! It sounds familiar! Daskalos is teacher! The "akis" was put later by Turks! Cretans were never stayed inslave... they wanted their freedom (of course!) So... Turks just to make them feel less proud etc, made a law for Crete, so all have to use the Akis in the end of their surnames! the ones that were living on mountains far away from cities, or lived in places that Turks never place a foot (yes, these places existed!), because they were afraid, left their surnames as is! (for example... Eleftherios Venizelos)

It is said that Turks were afraid of some cretans in some villages like in Sfakia area... so they didn't even dare to put the akis in the surname and make a joke... their life was in danger! :)

Akis is to make something smaller... for example... paidi is child... paidaki is little child...

I heard all that but I do not know if that is a true story.... maybe Turks had something else in their minds.. who knows! ;)

As for hobbies... huh! I am just a crazy collector and mostly I collect coins, tokens, banknotes, medals.... and many other things that I need a long post!!! :blink:

Whew! It has been an intense campaign so far, my wife and i decided to take a short break and spend some time with our grand daughters.

1stcache.jpg

WOW Joe and Vicky!!! Your grand daughters are adorable!!! ;)

Come on my friend... show us photos wearing your USA uniform as a soldier! :o

Say about your online magazine.... and the good things you do! :D

Oh boy.... what came in my mind now.... in the movie (you know which one...:) )... what would my name be if I was there??? Dancing with Cats??? :blink::lol::lol:

Hmm... I was wondering if a debate between you and Mekk would be cool! :o

And these campains to be in the magazine too! ;) IT is so fun! ;)

did i see an offering of baklava? i love love love that sweet. havent had any for several years hint hint

Baklava is actually Turkish sweet but we changed it a little!

The Turkish one has green peanut inside!I do not know their name... we call it peanuts from Aegina!

Greeks instead of that they put small pieces of almonts! :lol: Both are fantastic!!! ...and I got hungry again!!!

Oh guys... I am trying to lose weight!!! :blink:

did i see an offering of baklava? i love love love that sweet. havent had any for several years hint hint

The Turkish one has green peanut inside!I do not know their name... we call it peanuts from Aegina!

Greeks instead of that they put small pieces of almonts! :lol: Both are fantastic!!! ...and I got hungry again!!!

do you mean pistachio nuts? i love them, but i havent sampled pistachio baklava only almond flavour. send me your baklava, gatoulis and ill keep you on your diet. :lol:

do you mean pistachio nuts? i love them, but i havent sampled pistachio baklava only almond flavour. send me your baklava, gatoulis and ill keep you on your diet. :lol:

YES!!! Pistachio nuts! :o I didn't know that name! WOW!

Hve you eaten kataifi? I hope you did! :o and if you eat it with a ball of Vanilla icecream.... it is ..... amazing!!!

In case you do not know kataifi.... here it is:

kataifi.gif

Greeks instead of that they put small pieces of almonts! :o Both are fantastic!!! ...and I got hungry again!!!

YES!!! Pistachio nuts! :o I didn't know that name! WOW!

Hve you eaten kataifi? I hope you did! :) and if you eat it with a ball of Vanilla icecream.... it is ..... amazing!!!

In case you do not know kataifi.... here it is:

kataifi.gif

no i havent sampled that one. i used to get my peice of baklava from a turkish kebab takeaway shop when i lived near london. i used to enjoy having the pick of a very diverse ethnic cuisine from many food shops there, but now being up here in scotland the food choices are very mean and boring and not a single ethnic food shop near by, only an awful supermarket :lol:

So... when Joe (catsnfish) said in his post for me beiing his campain manager about ouzo (and maybe souvlaki and gyros), you would loved that too! :blink: Crete's ouzo is stonger and it is called... Raki! :o

If I counted well.... the votes are too close! :D

My grandfather came over to the US from Crete around 1900 and the rest of his family remained in Greece. My mom and brother have met a lot of the family when they traveled there, but I have yet to meet them. The family name is Daskalakis! Anyway, yes, the ouzo, souvlaki and gyros added to that with spanakopita and moussaka. :lol: So, do you also do family research and genealogy? (that's my "other" hobby) :o

It has been ages since Ive had a good spanakopita! Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? ;)

Baklava... YUM! My grandmother came from Poland and married my Greek Grandfather. I was SOOOOOOOO excited that I found a restaurant in St. Augustine, FL (just a hop, skip and jump from here) that is run by a Polish Man and Greek Woman! They have the best of BOTH worlds and some DELICIOUS baklava and pierogies!

paganfrog, I would send you some of the baklava, but I think the post man would have confiscated it before it would ever arrive. :blink:

GATOULIS, That's really interesting about the names! What's funny is that when my grandfather came over, he went by Daskalakis, but my mom and aunts often shortened it to Daskalos so people could more easily pronounce it! They were just going back to their roots! Thanks for that history lesson!

It's DEAD EVEN with less than 6 hours to go in the voting! Looks like we shall have no landslide here!

Let's go forum irregulars, shoot out your vote and give someone your support! You don't need a reason. It's no different than voting for the guy with the coolest signs along the roadside, or for the semi-hot Alaskan soccer mom that's easier on the eyes than the bald guy. One vote here can make a REAL difference!

Oh, and hey, where's all the other extended entrants??? Yinz guys lobbied for 'em, so let's see 'em for FSM's sakes!

Oh, and no changing of votes once they're placed, or I'll squirt ya in the eye with something citrus. Try that at your local fire hall, and they'll laugh at you all the way to the booking room.

Bring on some democracy!

:blink:

snip

Oh boy.... what came in my mind now.... in the movie (you know which one...:) )... what would my name be if I was there??? Dancing with Cats??? :blink::lol::lol:

Do you mean this one?joe0001.jpg or this one?scan0001-1-1.jpg

Is this the movie You're talking about Gatoulis?scan0007-2.jpg Or this one?scan0006-2.jpg

I've just noticed paganfrog stopped in, here is one for her country!scottie-2.jpg

snip

Come on my friend... show us photos wearing your USA uniform as a soldier! :)

Say about your online magazine.... and the good things you do! ;)

Oh boy.... what came in my mind now.... in the movie (you know which one...:D )... what would my name be if I was there??? Dancing with Cats??? :blink::lol::lol:

And these campains to be in the magazine too! ;) IT is so fun! :)

Is this the movie You're talking about Gatoulis?scan0007-2.jpg Or this one?scan0006-2.jpg

I've just noticed paganfrog stopped in, here is one for her country!scottie-2.jpg

Oh boy... I just love the first photo!!! ;)

I always wanted to ask something.... in the movie... the rifles and the swords... are real or plastic?? they look so real.... but I do not think they are! It would have been dangerous to have real ones...

a couple of days ago a local channel had the Dancing with Wolfs movie!!! I was trying to find you my friend! :o

snip

actually i am only scottish by marriage. my blood pulses for england, my heart beats for the english woodlands and when i wander the pine forests i pine for the old english oaks instead