~~~ The Fabulous Forum Photo Challenge! ~~~

YemonYime

Heeeeeere it coooooomes...

LIVE from the YemonYime Studios on the pulse-pounding perimeter of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

It's a fantastic fun-filled frolic for your forum friends... iiiiiiit's...

The Fabulous Forum Photo Challenge!

With exciting prizes, like a wet noodly snuggling from the Flying Spaghetti Monsterrrrrr!

---> screams and applause <---

Or a luxurious, whirlwind vacation, all-expenses-paid, to anywhere on Earthaaaaa!

---> applause and screams <---

And now, for your host...YemonnnnYiiiiiiiiiiiimee

---> crickets <---

Okay, enough with the glam and cheese...let's get to what this is all about.

As some may know, I recently participated in a scavenger hunt at work, and had some major help from the fine folks of this Geocoin Forum. So I thought, what better way to show my appreciation than to conduct a few little "scavenger hunts" of my own, and award some prizes! But since I really don't feel like sifting through boxes of the crap you might send me as judge, this will be a series of Photo Challenge cointests! The rules are simple, but the challenges themselves might not be. :P

So, here's how it works:

The Challenges:

At random times in this thread, I may issue a Photo Challenge that will list specific items, actions and/or requirements that must be included in a picture, and posted in this thread. The first person to post a photo that includes all of the necessary elements of that particular challenge will be the winner. The things I list could be anything, but all photos will be required to include a team member, and a geocoin in some way or another.

For example, I might ask for a photo with...

You, trying to put a geocoin in an expired parking meter, wearing a fake mustache and a sombrero.

Or I could get really weird and ask for a photo of...

A male team member holding a geocoin and a hockey stick, wearing a red dress, while riding a llama.

Yeah, it could get pretty silly. And embarrassing. But it kinda brings the "

" commercials into perspective, now doesn't it?

The Rules:

1. The cointest is open to the primary accounts of all Geocoin Forum visitors that have accounts created before June of 2010. Sorry if this excludes you, butcha shoulda found us sooner!

In other words...no aliases, sock puppets, or mysterious newbies.

2. The cointest requires your original photography.

In other words...no internet or stock images, and no photoshopping in any way, except for cropping.

3. Any photo submitting post that is edited for any reason is automatically disqualified. I can't allow any exceptions to this rule, because it's intended to prevent any possibility of image substitution. (Trust me, I've seen it done.) Entrants may repost a photo in a new post, which will have a new timestamp.

4. The basic requirement for all photos is to clearly show a geocoin and a team member's face, unless otherwise specified in the challenge. Only immediate team members of the GC ID profile that posts the photo are eligible subjects.

In other words...don't call Uncle Jerry from Yakima and have him e-mail you a blurry pic of himself in Aunt Betty's red dress, holding up a Sacajawea Dollar and a broom while riding the llama he does actually own. Grab a hockey stick, go to Yakima, put on the dress, hop on the llama with a proper geocoin, and have Uncle Jerry take the pic of YOU!!! I will split hairs on questionable photos.

5. The cointest winner will be the first person to successfully post a photo that meets all of the specific requirements of the challenge issued. The determining time factor will be the timestamp of the post in this thread. There will be no judging or voting. It's a race to be the first to post a photo that qualifies.

6. There is no Rule #6. (as per Monty Python) :D

7. Participants accept that all challenges, judgments and/or final results are entirely at my discretion.

In other words...My game, my rules. No whining, or sour puss buzzkillers in this thread. We're tryin' to have fun here, so if you're all grumpy...off ya go!

8. Standard Disclaimer: Participants assume ALL responsibilities for their actions. Neither myself, nor employees or affiliates of Groundspeak are in any way responsible for problems and/or costs that may incur as a result of your participation in this cointest. Don't get yourself in trouble, and don't spend a wad of cash.

So, there ya have it! It's a long read I know, but hopefully you'll have some great fun either reading about, or participating in these challenges. My intention is to spark some giggles when we see a picture of these funny challenges!

Hrm, what am I forgetting here...

Oh yeah! The Prize:

The prize I offer for each challenge will vary. Perhaps even others may wish to add to the booty, which might sweeten the pot enough to increase the "ridiculosity" of the challenge requirements! We'll see how this goes as we go along.

But for now, the winner of Photo Challenge I will receive one of my personal variants of the 2009 Compass Rose Geocoin™.

ycr09f.jpg

greenfingerup.jpg

The prize for Photo Challenge I

Photo Challenge I will begin sometime within one week!

(Since I've gotta give you all enough time to read the novel above)

Stay Tuned!!!

"Or I could get really weird and ask for a photo of...

A male team member holding a geocoin and a hockey stick, wearing a red dress, while riding a llama."

figures you'd use that for an example...I just happen to have a picture of myself riding that llama, holding a geocoin and a hockey stick, and it's a red micro-minskirt :P (heh, it was on the weekend!)

ILYK

HA HA! Fun in the forums.

Bu HEY! He does not meanANYWHERE on Eartha!!! :D

Now don't get your tropics all in a bunch there, Gaia-Gal...but you hold your orbit there for just a minute. Your vacation brochure specifically said "anywhere on Eartha" when I booked it, so don't even try to go "retrograde" on me now.

Besides, if you would simply read the short list of rules I posted, I'm sure you'll notice the caveat that clearly states that I am NOT responsible for typos.

:P

HA HA! Fun in the forums.

Bu HEY! He does not meanANYWHERE on Eartha!!! :D

Now don't get your tropics all in a bunch there, Gaia-Gal...but you hold your orbit there for just a minute. Your vacation brochure specifically said "anywhere on Eartha" when I booked it, so don't even try to go "retrograde" on me now.

Besides, if you would simply read the short list of rules I posted, I'm sure you'll notice the caveat that clearly states that I am NOT responsible for typos.

:P

Geez... just when I was looking forward to a new cointest! LOL

~J

Yemon, if I may.

You say that the winner is the first to post a correct photo.

May I recommend an alternative, for everyone's benefit?

After the challenge or first picture goes up, leave the competition open for X amount of time. During that time, others may post photos too. Then, roll a die or something to determine the winner.

Why do I suggest you do this?

Is one picture of a red dress wearing, llama riding hockey player enough? Imagine if we had 10?

Really a great idea, I already started laughing by just reading the rules...

Guess I should stay up all night to not miss this :P

Definetely will take a coin plus camera to work to :D

Heh, just reading through some of your posts, and I can already tell that some of you are gearing up for photographic warfare!

Well, I really don't want anyone losing any sleep this early in the game, so I will go ahead and tell you that I won't be posting the first challenge within (at least) the next 24 hours. That's a promise, because I haven't yet decided how far down in the well of evil I want to dip into.

Mwuuuhahahahahahahaaaaaaa....

Yemon, if I may.

After the challenge or first picture goes up, leave the competition open for X amount of time. During that time, others may post photos too. Then, roll a die or something to determine the winner.

Is one picture of a red dress wearing, llama riding hockey player enough? Imagine if we had 10?

Great comp YY! Your comp your rules of course, but with all the different time zones and forum members from all over the world my first thought was it could either be a real advantage or disadvantage as to when the challenge was posted, finding a llama in the dark is bloody hard. So I hear :P

So to that point I think cappazushi has a valid recommendation and would put it to you to consider a slight change, plus we get to see more people "being creative" "Acting like tools" seemed too harsh.

Cheers from one of the other timezone people

Great comp YY! Your comp your rules of course, but with all the different time zones and forum members from all over the world my first thought was it could either be a real advantage or disadvantage as to when the challenge was posted, finding a llama in the dark is bloody hard. So I hear :P

I know where you can find a 'Greenish' porcine down under :D

~J

Really a great idea, I already started laughing by just reading the rules...

Guess I should stay up all night to not miss this :P

Definetely will take a coin plus camera to work to :D

Heh, just reading through some of your posts, and I can already tell that some of you are gearing up for photographic warfare!

Well, I really don't want anyone losing any sleep this early in the game, so I will go ahead and tell you that I won't be posting the first challenge within (at least) the next 24 hours. That's a promise, because I haven't yet decided how far down in the well of evil I want to dip into.

Mwuuuhahahahahahahaaaaaaa....

Good to know, so I am going a little slower on the gearing up :D

Great comp YY! Your comp your rules of course, but with all the different time zones and forum members from all over the world my first thought was it could either be a real advantage or disadvantage as to when the challenge was posted, finding a llama in the dark is bloody hard. So I hear :D

There are many responses to this floating around in my head right now but I won't say anything because I'm Canadian. :P

I third cappazushi's caveat. I tend to be sleeping through these 'first to post' cointests...and I have a question. Do I have to shave my legs?

Great comp YY! Your comp your rules of course, but with all the different time zones and forum members from all over the world my first thought was it could either be a real advantage or disadvantage as to when the challenge was posted, finding a llama in the dark is bloody hard. So I hear :D

There are many responses to this floating around in my head right now but I won't say anything because I'm Canadian. :D

I third cappazushi's caveat. I tend to be sleeping through these 'first to post' cointests...and I have a question. Do I have to shave my legs?

Totally unrelated to the competition... Yes you do have to shave them! Last time I saw you I thought you were wearing Mohair stockings! :PB)

Yemon, if I may.

Ahhhhh, impatient one...you know not the pitfalls and potholes I have perilously planned for this joyous journey into the jowls of jackassery!!!

Great idea.

However, ya kinda just stole my thunder a little there, cap. :D Y'see, I've been planning this series thing out for a while on a yellow frame of Post-it Notes stuck around my monitor. One of which has "Nuke The Rules, Let's See More Fools!" written on it, which was gonna be a surprise challenge. B):D

Dude, you sunk my battleship. :P

Like every good game show there's variety and a little suspense. This was planned to be a series of challenges, so give me some time to set the game up, mKay? :lol:

Now put your name tags on and obey when the "Applause" sign flashes...like a good audience.

I'm going back to my dressing room.